ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Big 12 approves Arizona’s application to join conference

Soaring Eagle 74

All-Conference
Jan 4, 2008
Yahoo Sports’ Ross Dellenger and ESPN’s Pete Thamel reported on Thursday evening that Big 12 executives met to approve Arizona’s application to the conference.

Arizona’s Board of Regents met on Thursday night, going into a private executive session. To finalize the move, the Arizona Board of Regents would seemingly need to hold a vote that is visible to the public, like Colorado did when they joined the Big 12.

Yahoo Sports’ Ross Dellenger and ESPN’s Pete Thamel reported on Thursday evening that Big 12 executives met to approve Arizona’s application to the conference.

Arizona’s Board of Regents met on Thursday night, going into a private executive session. To finalize the move, the Arizona Board of Regents would seemingly need to hold a vote that is visible to the public, like Colorado did when they joined the Big 12.
Done deal I heard.

I would stop there (Colorado and Arizona) and see what will happen to the ACC.

With possibly getting NC State, Virginia Tech, Pitt and Georgia Tech, or a slim chance Miami / Duke / UVA may be available. Add a combination of four of the above to lock in more east coast eyeballs.

I would stop there (Colorado and Arizona) and see what will happen to the ACC.

With possibly getting NC State, Virginia Tech, Pitt and Georgia Tech, or a slim chance Miami / Duke / UVA may be available. Add a combination of four of the above to lock in more east coast eyeballs.
Only stop if Utah and ASU decline the Big12. It’s not worth the risk waiting for the ACC. If you do, the ACC will grab Utah and ASU and then we could be the weak conference next round of expansion

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Only stop if Utah and ASU decline the Big12. It’s not worth the risk waiting for the ACC. If you do, the ACC will grab Utah and ASU and then we could be the weak conference next round of expansion
I agree. If all 4 want to come you have to take them. ACC needs to worry about who they are going to lose not gain.

I am not saying anyone is wrong. I was just looking at the population numbers surrounding the 4 corner schools compared to Raleigh-Durham, Atlanta, Virginia, western PA and south Florida. There would be zero value in getting BC, Syracuse or UConn due to the north east is so ate up with their NFL teams.

Just my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT