ADVERTISEMENT

šŸ”„šŸ”„BREAKINGšŸ”„šŸ”„ Colorado to the Big 12

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
The University of Colorado Board of Regents unanimously approved a resolution Thursday allowing the University of Colorado Boulder to join the Big 12 Conference effective for the 2024-25 academic year.
Joint Statement from Chancellor Philip DiStefano and Athletic Director Rick George

After careful thought and consideration, it was determined that a switch in conference would give CU Boulder the stability, resources, and exposure necessary for long-term future success in a college athletics environment that is constantly evolving. The Big 12's national reach across three time zones as well as our shared creative vision for the future we feel makes it an excellent fit for CU Boulder, our students, faculty, and alumni.

These decisions are never easy and we've valued our 12 years as proud members of the Pac-12 Conference. We look forward to achieving new goals while embarking on this exciting next era as members of the Big 12 Conference.
Statement from University of Colorado President Todd Saliman

I want to thank the Pac 12 Conference for the home it has provided to CU athletics for more than a decade. We look forward to maintaining the many partnerships developed with our Pac 12 colleagues. The landscape of collegiate sports is ever-evolving, and the University of Colorado Boulder has determined the Big 12 is the best future fit for our athletic teams.

The move is good for our student-athletes and the university. It will help advance our commitment to supporting CU student-athletes in their academic and athletic pursuits in future years. I look forward to a great season ahead for all our teams.
Statement from Board of Regents Chair Callie Rennison

The Board of Regents unanimously agreed to grant the University of Colorado Boulder authority to enter into an agreement with the Big 12 conference. Being a part of the Pac-12 has been wonderful for Boulder athletics, and we appreciate all the conference has done for our student-athletes.

We are pleased that CU Boulder will return to the Big 12 for athletics competition. We are thankful for the due diligence and time put in by Chancellor DiStefano and Athletics Director George, and we appreciate President Saliman bringing their conference affiliation recommendation to the Board of Regents. We look forward to seeing Buff athletics achieve great things on and off the fields of play.

Reactions: Stan Kiser
Yay! Another leftover for the Big Refrigerator Conference!

11119260.jpeg

Finalized and approved. I believe now.

Please forget about UCONN
Allen how is Uconn really different than the other possible expansion candidates? They are from a region where the Big 12 doesn't currently have a presence. They are right on the doorstep of the largest media market in the country. Playing them in basketball would give us exposure in the NYC market. We just invited one of the worst power 5 programs over the last 2 decades. A football program that's only had 4 winning seasons in the last 20 years. One of those seasons was the covid season when they went 4-2. They were rated the worst power 5 football team last season. Uconn might not be the sexiest option, but they bring a championship caliber program in Basketball. They can at least pull their weight in something which is more than this Colorado program can say.

Last edited:
Much of Colorado perceived value was cracking open the 4 corners schools as well. We shall see whether that works out. I'm hoping Arizona comes and that Yormark stops there for a while and does not add schools who really don't fit or want to fit. Would love to see 2-4 more schools east of the Mississippi. Louisville, Memphis, Pitt, UCONN, VT, Syracuse, NCST, USF should make the list to be considered, depending on what happens with the PAC and the ACC.

Allen how is Uconn really different than the other possible expansion candidates? They are from a region where the Big 12 doesn't currently have a presence. They are right on the doorstep of the largest media market in the country. Playing them in basketball would give us exposure in the NYC market. We just invited one of the worst power 5 programs over the last 2 decades. A football program that's only had 4 winning seasons in the last 20 years. One of those seasons was the covid season when they went 4-2. They were rated the worst power 5 football team last season. Uconn might not be the sexiest option, but they bring a championship caliber program in Basketball. They can at least pull their weight in something which is more than this Colorado program can say.
Connecticut would be like taking a step back after picking up a P5 school. Already taken the best G5 and independent schools available.

Only benefit they offer is basketball. UCONN can't even pull their own dicks in football. Look at them after you try to take more PAC 12 teams. They should not be first option.

Big 12 needs another east of Mississippi school. Well, WVU needs this......
It will be awhile before ACC collapse. Already taken the best available Independent and 3 G5 teams. UCONN should be far down the list.

Connecticut would be like taking a step back after picking up a P5 school. Already taken the best G5 and independent schools available.

Only benefit they offer is basketball. UCONN can't even pull their own dicks in football. Look at them after you try to take more PAC 12 teams. They should not be first option.
Colorado can't pull their own dick in football either. They bring absolutely nothing. Either do the remaining Pac 12 options that are being mentioned except for Utah and we already have that market on board with Byu.

Last edited:

Yeah...they could schedule WVU as the homecoming game and at least get one win a year in the Big 12!!

Colorado can't pull their own dick in football either. The bring absolutely nothing. Either do the remaining Pac 12 options that are being mentioned except for Utah and we already have that market on board with Byu.
I have a feeling Deion is gonna change that losing culture

I have a feeling Deion is gonna change that losing culture
I will believe it when I see it. After the Colorado spring game there was a max exodus. Some of the highly touted people, he brought in left. Getting guys to commit is one thing getting them to stay for a couple of years is another. Unless he is willing to pay them out of his own pocket, he will not be able to compete with the big boys when they come to poach his players. Colorado boosters can't compete with that and the facilities in boulder aren't the best either.

Last edited:
Yeah...they could schedule WVU as the homecoming game and at least get one win a year in the Big 12!!
Root Im surprised you haven't pissed all over this Colorado invite. They were rated the worst power 5 program last season. They have only had 4 winning seasons in the last 20 years and their television value was ranked 9th in the Pac 12. Everyone on here knows your distaste for mediocrity is Colorado even that. Sounds more like sub mediocrity what's your take?

Colorado's boosters have mega dollars. They have been playing players dating back to McCarthy. Deion will turn the program around and will be in the top echelon of the Big 12.

Colorado's boosters have mega dollars. They have been playing players dating back to McCarthy. Deion will turn the program around and will be in the top echelon of the Big 12.
No they don't have you ever seen their facilities? There stadium is a dump. Look at the past coach's they have hired and where they came from. Not exactly indicative of a program with big boosters. When they hired Sanders, they admitted they haven't figured out how to pay the guy. They hired him because no one else wanted the job. When Cu left for the pac 12 they were a doormat in the big 12 just like they were in the pac 12.

Last edited:
IMO, the entire campus in Boulder is a dump. Other factors will compensate recruiting talented players there.

I didn't say facilities. Read.
Teams that have mega donors wouldn't have hired half the guys cu has hired. Teams that have mega donors would have had an indoor practice facility long before 2016 when cu finally got one. Nehlen complained that we were late to the game when we got ours and that was the late 90's

You realize the current two time champion just opened their indoor facility a couple of years ago?

You are wrong again. Emphasis on again.

Yes, UGA has a ton of donors. If you would research before knee jerking, you would find out the money that is in Colorado. Don't misunderstand their past 30 years of sucking for the lack of money. But you will continue double down your false statements.

Yes, UGA has a ton of donors. If you would research before knee jerking, you would find out the money that is in Colorado. Don't misunderstand their past 30 years of sucking for the lack of money. But you will continue double down your false statements.
You're the one doubling down on false statements. Colorado is mid-level at best. Schools with mega donors don't hire Dorrell, Macintyre and Embree as coaches. Schools with mega donors wouldn't have sucked for the past 30 years like they have. If you've actually knew anything about Colorado, you would know that is the case.

Provide a link to this money in Colorado

You're the one doubling down on false statements. Colorado is mid-level at best. Schools with mega donors don't hire Dorrell, Macintyre and Embree as coaches. Schools with mega donors wouldn't have sucked for the past 30 years like they have. If you've actually knew anything about Colorado, you would know that is the case.
Does Alabama have plenty of money and history? Research their hiring after Stallings and before Saban.

You continue to be wrong

Does Alabama have plenty of money and history? Research their hiring after Stallings and before Saban.

You continue to be wrong
Alabama is a blue blood your argument is getting stupider by the minute. Show me all these mega donors at Colorado.

Going back to what a few people seemed to ask about regarding UConn and what is different than the rest of the other possible additions: they'd have to take less money, that's what I hear. GOR for Big12 additions say if it's from a Power 5 league (i.e. Pac12) it's the same share. UConn would have to agree to take less of a share as a member. So adding any other Pac12 team would generated another full share and not dilute the pot.

Seems pretty obvious which way this is heading.. unless UConn wants to relive the good old Big East Days of kiss your own ass to spite your small d*ck syndrome.

Why do
Why, you will continue to deny. But here is the link to when UGA STARTED construction on their indoor facility.

Seems like indoor practice facilities for programs in the deep south would be a waste of money. Especially for a program that already won multiple championships.

Why do

Seems like indoor practice facilities for programs in the deep south would be a waste of money. Especially for a program that already won multiple championships.
That is an opinion and I appreciate it even though I disagree. UGA start next week and it will be mid to high 90's. It will remain mostly in the high 80's to mid 90's through September. It is needed here in the south. Even major high school programs here in Atlanta and a few throughout the state have indoor facilities greater than many college programs throughout the country.

Just show him the high dollar donors of Colorado. I'd like to know, too. You claimed that Colorado donors have "mega dollars". I'm interested.
I'm not posting one alternative fact after another in order to support an opinion. If interested, do your own research. But one doesn't need to. Go to Vail or Aspen or a thousand other locales in Colorado and witness the wealth. It isn't all owned by out of state celebrities. There is great money in that state and they love U of C. As I said, don't confuse 30 years of sucking for lack of money. If he wants to believe without attempting to make his opinion a fact that Colorado will continue to suck, fine. I believe Deion will turn it around. I have no problem with an opinion that differs from mine.

I'm not posting one alternative fact after another in order to support an opinion. If interested, do your own research. But one doesn't need to. Go to Vail or Aspen or a thousand other locales in Colorado and witness the wealth. It isn't all owned by out of state celebrities. There is great money in that state and they love U of C. As I said, don't confuse 30 years of sucking for lack of money. If he wants to believe without attempting to make his opinion a fact that Colorado will continue to suck, fine. I believe Deion will turn it around. I have no problem with an opinion that differs from mine.
So then, you admit that you have ZERO knowledge of "mega dollar" donors in Colorado? I don't see why you can't post the source if you make the claim.

So then, you admit that you have ZERO knowledge of "mega dollar" donors in Colorado? I don't see why you can't post the source if you make the claim.
Iā€™m assuming heā€™s probably referring to msm claims in the past that a lot of CU alumni are located in California. And heā€™s assuming that means money. Idk honestly. That was mentioned by msm as the reason Colorado left the Big 12 and went to the Pac12 in 2011.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT