ADVERTISEMENT

Remember this photo

Pitt was pretty relevant on the evening of 12/01/2007.

You might remember that night.

Is 4-7 relevant? Really?!?

The biggest win of your past 30 years and you still had a losing season. You needed RRod on his cell phone to Michigan that whole game to even win that one.

Never mind this was one game.

Pitt has an empty stadium like this for every game.

See the difference dipshitt?

Never mind this was one game.

Pitt has an empty stadium like this for every game.

See the difference dipshitt?
CU6gqHPXAAIqKxr.jpg

LMAO...article from 2011...still wish we wouldn't have signed a home and home with pitt....the backstabbers that they are!

LMAO...article from 2011...still wish we wouldn't have signed a home and home with pitt....the backstabbers that they are!
I figured if you guys can puff out your collective chests about winning a couple of BCS games a decade ago it would be fine to use a citation from your current coach that was from 4 years ago.

I figured if you guys can puff out your collective chests about winning a couple of BCS games a decade ago it would be fine to use a citation from your current coach that was from 4 years ago.
Almost four decades of irrelevance, crowds WAY worse than that, and being WVU's bitch. I don't blame you for lashing out...

I think the poster sounds like the greatest hits of more than a few Pitties who have graced the board. This again begs the question: Is it the same person posting under different names? Think they are mad we won yesterday.

I think the poster sounds like the greatest hits of more than a few Pitties who have graced the board. This again begs the question: Is it the same person posting under different names? Think they are mad we won yesterday.
Losing to that terrible Miami team would embarrass the fans of most teams. Pitt fans are used to it though...

Most interesting part of this thread is that our mods have allowed this garbage to stay here. I don't care so much either way, though it should be moved to The Woodhsed in my opinion. Unlike the fag mods on the pitty board who immediately ban or delete anything a Mountaineer fan posts. They really are a sensitive bunch of pussies.

Most interesting part of this thread is that our mods have allowed this garbage to stay here. I don't care so much either way, though it should be moved to The Woodhsed in my opinion. Unlike the fag mods on the pitty board who immediately ban or delete anything a Mountaineer fan posts. They really are a sensitive bunch of pussies.
Sorry tirepunk, didn't realize you had such a board. Out of respect for you folks I will stop needling you guys on this board. My apologies to all. All in good fun.

Yep. The original poster just showed everyone what a hypocrite he is. Glad he picked a game during Thanksgiving, against a bad opponent to compare to any Pitt game. We still have 2-3x their normal actual attendance. I guess that if my team hadn't been relevant in the past three decades, like Pitt, I'd be grasping at straws too...
The game would have been completely sold out if the team was playing for something. It certainly used to be. But you can use the Thanksgiving excuse if it makes you feel better.

The game would have been completely sold out if the team was playing for something. It certainly used to be. But you can use the Thanksgiving excuse if it makes you feel better.
The students wouldn't have been there if we were playing for a bowl game, but you can keep using that as an excuse if it makes you feel better.

The students wouldn't have been there if we were playing for a bowl game, but you can keep using that as an excuse if it makes you feel better.
I have been to several sold out or close to sold out games over this same weekend in my day. So it really is just an excuse. Do you really believe if we were playing for a conference championship, or against a real rival, this game would not have been close to sold out?

TruWVstew strikes again. He's got the rifle loaded and ready to gutter-snipe.

This team is playing for plenty, old man. I know none of it is good enough for you, but honestly would anything? Alabama is having another good season and Michigan State might make a nice run into the playoffs, you can jump on those bandwagons and no one will think less of you for it.

I have been to several sold out or close to sold out games over this same weekend in my day. So it really is just an excuse. Do you really believe if we were playing for a conference championship, or against a real rival, this game would not have been close to sold out?

Sure, but this year we aren't. WTF is your point Stew?

....the next time you want to joke about any other team's attendance. This was taken at noon today:

CU6gqHPXAAIqKxr.jpg

Yep. ALLLLLL of our home games look like that.
It's true. The holiday crowd sucked. But as has already been pointed out.... this is the exception and not the rule. Whereas at Pitt .....

What were Pitt tickets going for not long ago? Something like $1:00.

Let me give you some advice. Don't throw stones in a glass house.

Pitts claim to fame in recent years is beating us 13-9. Without us Pitt has nothing in recent years. Whereas without Pitt we still have three BCS wins.

We get it. You need us. We don't need you.

Here is one of my favorite things to ever appear in the Post-Gazette. It was written just last year. Remember this article?
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/smizik-on-sports/2014/10/30/Bob-Smizik-26/stories/201410300241
Coming into this year WVU was 18-20 over the past 3 years. Why would Pitt need that? Pat White is long gone.

Fact: Since 2009 the highest finish between both teams is Pitt ending the year ranked # 15 in 2009.

Coming into this year WVU was 18-20 over the past 3 years. Why would Pitt need that? Pat White is long gone.

Fact: Since 2009 the highest finish between both teams is Pitt ending the year ranked # 15 in 2009.

FACT: Bob Smizik actually wrote that article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Nothing you say changes that.

You don't need an 18-20 WVU team. But you do need the team that you beat. Without that game we have still have 3 BCS wins and you have nothing. You're the one who needs us to have something to harp about over the last 10 years. We don't need you.

I know that you won't stop posting. Have fun boxing the air.

OK chief. What would have Pitt's record have been with that schedule? I would bet they couldn't have won 10 games in that same period.

B12 >>>>>>>>>> ACC football. That's like saying that Alabama has a better team than the Dallas Cowboys because they have a better overall record over the past few years. 2 completely different levels of competition.

You don't need an 18-20 WVU team. But you do need the team that you beat. Without that game we have still have 3 BCS wins and you have nothing. You're the one who needs us to have something to harp about over the last 10 years. We don't need you.

I know that you won't stop posting. Have fun boxing the air.
BCS games a decade ago are as meaningful as Pitt's National Championship in 1976.

When White and Slaton were doing their thing current recruits were 6 or 7 years old. What they know of WVU is middle of the pack Big 12 team that was 18-20 over the past few years.

OK chief. What would have Pitt's record have been with that schedule? I would bet they couldn't have won 10 games in that same period.

B12 >>>>>>>>>> ACC football. That's like saying that Alabama has a better team than the Dallas Cowboys because they have a better overall record over the past few years. 2 completely different levels of competition.
Unknown and unknowable.

I mean a lousy Cuse team beat the stuffing out of WVU the last couple times they played.

Didn't the ACC have a National Champ 2 years ago? Big 12....not so much

Gotta love Pitt's obsession. You have been our bitch for decades...

You were SO close to a National Championship (something Pitt's won 9 times) and you just couldn't close the deal.

WVU was stopped cold by the tiny mental powers of a fish sammich eating, Yinzer Neanderthal named Wannstedt.

You will never get so close again, Cousin Jed.

Sorry.

#13-9

You were SO close to a National Champioship (something Pitt's won 9 times) and you just couldn't close the deal.

WVU was stopped cold by the tiny mental powers of a fish sammich eating, Yinzer Neanderthal named Wannstedt.

You will never get so close again, Cousin Jed.

Sorry.

#13-9
Like I already said, the highlight of the last four decades, for Pitt, being a win over WVU says it all...

Dolemite...can't we just agree that Wanny was a moron? I can still picture him shuffling around slamming his crutches down on the sidelines.

WVU's wins over Oklahoma and Clemson were beautiful.

No, our wins over Notre Dame and Penn State are more prestigious.
Flaming pants can be a health hazard. Those don't seem to be the games Pitt fans always seem to talk about. At least you guys were relevant back in the leather helmet days, though...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT