ADVERTISEMENT

Remember this photo

We have won three more BCS bowls than mighty Pitt. Mandatory fictitious national titles post, from the leather helmet days in 3...2...1!
Yep history is great isn't it?

Pitt has a National Title in 1976 which is 1 more than WVU has or will ever have in all probability.

Pat White and Slaton are long gone

But hey... One bad games makes up for the 40 years of pathetic attendance at Pitt... Hahahahahaha!
I guess "one game" is why your current head coach called out WVU fans a few years ago for not showing up like they would "at a big time program"

I guess "one game" is why your current head coach called out WVU fans a few years ago for not showing up like they would "at a big time program"
Four decades of awful attendance and being WVU's bitch. I don't blame you for lashing out...

At least we will announce actual attendance. pitt anounces whatever the fuk they feel. There is absolutley no reasoning for their number, just made up sh*t. They use to announce tickets sold but realised that this was comical so they stopped when companies/donors were buying thousands of tickets for 25 cents each and throwing them away.

Oh, how cute is it that they wait until we have a crap opponent, on a rainy day, during Thanksgiving weekend when students are gone, to bring this up. AND we still had more fans than they did yesterday. LOL.

At least we will announce actual attendance. pitt anounces whatever the fuk they feel. There is absolutley no reasoning for their number, just made up sh*t. They use to announce tickets sold but realised that this was comical so they stopped when companies/donors were buying thousands of tickets for 25 cents each and throwing them away.

Oh, how cute is it that they wait until we have a crap opponent, on a rainy day, during Thanksgiving weekend when students are gone, to bring this up. AND we still had more fans than they did yesterday. LOL.
The fact that he was so obsessed, that he sat there waiting for this day to come, like a troll under a bridge, is pretty comical...

You guys need chill, it was raining no excuse but... It's Thanksgiving weekend
And the students were locked out of there dorms until noon tomorrow. So it's not a real good weekend to compare attendance. Plus it was Iowa state. Who cares right

....the next time you want to joke about any other team's attendance. This was taken at noon today:

CU6gqHPXAAIqKxr.jpg
what a moron....it's the student section. Yeah, may be only 45k, but we've drawn well all season ...no tarps.

wvu has outperformed Pitt on the court and the football field for quite some time now. Wvu has
One game that's attended like all Pitt home games and they start thumping their chests.
wvu made Pitt relevant and they are trying to find someone in the acc to carry them but they always come back to Wvu.

Four decades of awful attendance and being WVU's bitch. I don't blame you for lashing out...

You guys need chill, it was raining no excuse but... It's Thanksgiving weekend
And the students were locked out of there dorms until noon tomorrow. So it's not a real good weekend to compare attendance. Plus it was Iowa state. Who cares right

I'd assume that students were locked out of dorms all across the nation. Yet, looking at the attendance in many other games, looks to be fairly good or at least average. Continuing to make excuses is not helping. We need to play a true rival this weekend. That's a fact.

I'd assume that students were locked out of dorms all across the nation. Yet, looking at the attendance in many other games, looks to be fairly good or at least average. Continuing to make excuses is not helping. We need to play a true rival this weekend. That's a fact.
I agree. We need to play a true rival, but I'd rather play VaTech or Maryland. They have both been relevant in the past four decades...

I knew when "I saw the game on FS1 Here in Pittsburgh....yeah..not Root.....they would want to be starting something here in the Burgh....I think if we are going to compare then we should get to use what Pitt does for attendance....Tickets Sold. I ama WVU fan and alum...no recliner, just didn't go....I think many Pitt fans jumped ship long ago when they rediscovered basketball.

Yeah sure just like the 8,000 fans that WVU brought to Heinz were 25,000 and were louder than the Pitt fans.

wvu has outperformed Pitt on the court and the football field for quite some time now. Wvu has
One game that's attended like all Pitt home games and they start thumping their chests.
wvu made Pitt relevant and they are trying to find someone in the acc to carry them but they always come back to Wvu.
WVu made Pitt relevant? LMAO. Have another drink.

Does today's win get WVU football to .500 over the past 4 years?

25,000 at most.
On the press box side I agree. In the stadium 45k. It happens when students are on Thanksgiving break.

Btw Pitt lost to Miami, so shouldn't you be barking at your big ACC rivals who also play jn a basketball league?

You're annoying so you're on ignore.

They have the entire top section other than the far right, the bottom section on the left and the section near the field on the other side. Not sure of the exact number but approaching 20,000 seats.

I don't blame you, hard to fathom for a Pitt fan but true none the less.
The exact number of student tickets is 12,5000. And today's attendance even considering there were about 9000 empty students seats. And about 9000 empty regular seats. Attendance was 42K. That was very bad. Nebraska had 90K yesterday at a temp of about 30 degrees and a record of 5-6.

Yeah sure just like the 8,000 fans that WVU brought to Heinz were 25,000 and were louder than the Pitt fans.
Let it go pitty...you and your pathetic progra
The exact number of student tickets is 12,5000. And today's attendance even considering there were about 9000 empty students seats. And about 9000 empty regular seats. Attendance was 42K. That was very bad. Nebraska had 90K yesterday at a temp of about 30 degrees and a record of 5-6.
Dude just go root for Nebraska and leave us alone with your incessant whining. Just stop it already.

Let it go pitty...you and your pathetic progra

Dude just go root for Nebraska and leave us alone with your incessant whining. Just stop it already.
There are those on the board that compare us to Nebraska all the time. We as a fan base have a long way to go to match up with what they have in Nebraska. Considering that Nebraska is a state that is very much the same size as WV in population. Our program has dose have some problems that some choose to ignore.

Nebraska was was playing an undefeated Iowa team. We played the OTHER Iowa team. Big difference, dah...

Ridiculous argument

Reactions: TIREPUNK

I'll agree with you that WVU doesn't have the same support as Nebraska ( no where close), but they were playing an undefeated team and a win would have made them bowl eligible. WVU is already bowl eligible and we were playing a team with a losing record - big difference.

A bad day attendance wise, but not necessary a pattern. Here is an article on attendance from just last year:

http://westvirginia.247sports.com/Bolt/WVU-Attendance-Rises-As-National-Average-Plummets-33891599

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT