ADVERTISEMENT

Random thought

Pitt4Life34

All-American
Nov 5, 2002
Appears like this year is going to give me heartburn. Between the mad rush out the door by some players and also going down multiple levels at the QB position we might as well put this season in the trash bin!

Thoughts

Appears like this year is going to give me heartburn. Between the mad rush out the door by some players and also going down multiple levels at the QB position we might as well put this season in the trash bin!

Thoughts

There is no "we". You arent one of us.

You arent a Mountaineer. The only thing that should be put in the trash is you - but they dont make a bag big enough to stuff you in.

InsideTexas did an article on Big 12 QBs today
Not overly negative on Kendall. Pretty much saying he is a serviceable stop gap.

https://insidetexas.com/big-12-qbs-most-teams-know-their-qb1/
West Virginia – Austin Kendall
4 games: 12/17, 122 yards, 1 TD, 7 cars, 21 yards
Backups: Jack Allison, Trey Lowe, Jarret Doege

Austin Kendall’s 2018 was nondescript. He grabbed some garbage-time snaps in the opener versus FAU, started against Baylor and stayed in for one series while Kyler Murray was serving a suspension, completed the pass on the final play of the Red River Shootout that Oklahoma lost to Texas, and went 3/4 against a Kansas State team that OU easily handled.

After Jalen Hurts chose Oklahoma, Kendall knew he would need to go somewhere else to find playing time. He found it in West Virginia, a program starting over with first-year head coach Neal Brown.

Brown has raid tendencies – he played for Hal Mumme and Mike Leach at Kentucky – but isn’t a Raid Bro in the truest sense of the world. His Troy teams, teams that went 10-3, 11-2, and 10-3 in the last three seasons, could be designated as one of the more physical teams that ran a version of the Raid.

Though there will be differences between Brown’s offense and former WVU head coach Dana Holgorsen’s offense, there will be a lot of overlap as well. Both ran the ball a lot for a “pass happy offense,” and that should be no different in 2018.

Kendall should be a good two-year solution before Brown finds someone he can develop in his program (Alternatively, West Virginia could remain a favorite destination for transfers).

Jack Allison, who saw time when Will Grier was out last year, is the primary backup. Behind Allison is redshirt freshman Trey Lowe and Bowling Green transfer Jarrett Doege.

Kendall sucked in the spring game as did Allison and Lowe.

You can't make a true assessment on a spring game.
Doubt WV put anything on take for teams to study.
Especially going into Missouri early.

I believe you can get a general idea of what they need to work on. Nobody said this was the true assessment. It is a true statement all 3 sucked in the spring game.

I don't think anybody worries about a game plan for the spring. The Toughest test for OOC IMO in this order will be JMU, Missouri and then NC State.

If Kendall went out and threw for 4 TDs in the spring game you wouldn't worry about the D.
Spring games can be twisted and turned any way because you are playing yourself.
Could say that your D looked elite.

Very rarely have I seen a spring game decide an upcoming season.
Would be smart to reserve judgement until the actual season starts.

There is no "we". You arent one of us.

You arent a Mountaineer. The only thing that should be put in the trash is you - but they dont make a bag big enough to stuff you in.

Ease up homer. Point is we are gonna have an awful year this year and just wanted some feedback regarding the horrible class the new staff is producing so far. Stop being an emotional bittch and give me your thought about the staff. I think we are in trouble.

Shit just rolls off TVZ head. Didn't even read what the reply. Just made up some bullshit to go along with his drink.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT