ADVERTISEMENT

Question For Cuyahoga

If Villanova wins Saturday it will be their 3rd straight against Big 12 teams. Does that mean Big East is better than Big 12?
That obviously is a rhetorical question.
Hell, no!
The Big 12 winning 6 games for every loss against non-conference teams qualifies it for #1 conference in America.

Do you seriously think that DePaul, St. John's, Georgetown, Marquette, Butler, Providence and Creighton are on a par with Iowa State, Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma State and TCU, which barely broke even in Big 12 games this season.

Stop making yourself look so ignorant or people will think you went to Pitt AND Marshall.

Talmadgeer...why such an obsession with the other teams in the Big 12-2=10? Are you a closet Cyclone...Cowboy...Red Raider...etc? Did you suck up to the brother of the hottest girl in school so you could be seen around her? Or, did you tell your parents that you got your D in phys ed because the tumbling mats were the hardest mats in the county? Really?

If Villanova wins Saturday it will be their 3rd straight against Big 12 teams. Does that mean Big East is better than Big 12?

It means they are a very good team regardless of conference match-ups. They are a basketball school... a very good one. Remember when they promised a new football facility back a number of years in order to be accepted as a football partner in the (then) disintegrating BE? Did that ever happen?

Talmadgeer...why such an obsession with the other teams in the Big 12-2=10? Are you a closet Cyclone...Cowboy...Red Raider...etc? Did you suck up to the brother of the hottest girl in school so you could be seen around her? Or, did you tell your parents that you got your D in phys ed because the tumbling mats were the hardest mats in the county? Really?
Man, do I feel sorry for your family. I believe in loyalty to family, which includes the Mountaineers and the Big 12 and my country. I am happy when someone in the family does well. Aren't you? Or are you just a miserable grouch who hates it if his sister or brother makes more money than you? The better Big 12 teams are, the better it is for WVU, which collects nearly $40 million a year because other Big 12 teams do well, too. If Big 12 teams pissed the bed like Pitt, etc. then WVU still would be topping out at $10 million. It DOES make a difference FOR WVU how Big 12 teams do. Even a caveman can figure that out.

Reactions: Phil
That obviously is a rhetorical question.
Hell, no!
The Big 12 winning 6 games for every loss against non-conference teams qualifies it for #1 conference in America.

Do you seriously think that DePaul, St. John's, Georgetown, Marquette, Butler, Providence and Creighton are on a par with Iowa State, Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma State and TCU, which barely broke even in Big 12 games this season.

Stop making yourself look so ignorant or people will think you went to Pitt AND Marshall.

Listen Eers WVU doesn’t hold up in an academic comparison among P5. Doesn’t matter to me but only the insecure WVU guys find arguments to deflect facts or move the goal post. Stick to the dumb conference obsession crap you post about. What you should be posting about is the fact that WVU gave Nova all they could handle and One trick pony Kansas threw up on themselves and the Big12 homers. WVU should hold their held high. F... Kansas and the Big12.

Man, do I feel sorry for your family. I believe in loyalty to family, which includes the Mountaineers and the Big 12 and my country. I am happy when someone in the family does well. Aren't you? Or are you just a miserable grouch who hates it if his sister or brother makes more money than you? The better Big 12 teams are, the better it is for WVU, which collects nearly $40 million a year because other Big 12 teams do well, too. If Big 12 teams pissed the bed like Pitt, etc. then WVU still would be topping out at $10 million. It DOES make a difference FOR WVU how Big 12 teams do. Even a caveman can figure that out.

Big12 = Family
You’re the most bias media member in the history of media aaahahahaha!!!!

We (WVU) picked up an additional $3mm for this years Big 12 performance in the NCAA tournament. It's paid out over 6 years but it's just for this year. The conference gets approx. $31mm split equally.

I don't believe in this rah rah for family conference. I cheer WVU and no other. Since when was it cool to cheer for opponents? So if you love Big 12 teams doing so well, even if it benefits WVU to go 0-18 in the conference because the others are such a good family member? I guarantee most fans of the Big 12 do not care if we lose, shit our pants or pee the bed.

This is what matters. We need to put on our big boy pants and smack the other Big 12 teams up side the head. Being happy for other Big 12 teams is no reflection of how people view their own family.

A win by Michigan tonight would be great for the B1G, but I can't root for the Skunk Bears, sorry.

A win by Michigan tonight would be great for the B1G, but I can't root for the Skunk Bears, sorry.

Makes sense if it's your rival. When WVU was in the Big East, I wanted the other league teams to do well as it helped with perception of SOS. However, that did not extend at all to Pitt.

Has anyone played three different teams from the same conference in the tournament before?
Not sure. I guess when 7-9 teams from a conference make it in tourney this stuff can happen.
In 2003 Syracuse Beat Okie state in 2nd round, They beat Oklahoma in elite 8 Texas in final Four and kansas in the championship. They beat 4 teams from the same conference. That was the Carmelo Anthony show.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Makes sense if it's your rival. When WVU was in the Big East, I wanted the other league teams to do well as it helped with perception of SOS. However, that did not extend at all to Pitt.
"perception of sos" well put..sos is crap as is rpi..how the hell do you gage that? A good team is a good team..says Butler, Loyola, and George Mason.

I don't believe in this rah rah for family conference. I cheer WVU and no other. Since when was it cool to cheer for opponents? So if you love Big 12 teams doing so well, even if it benefits WVU to go 0-18 in the conference because the others are such a good family member? I guarantee most fans of the Big 12 do not care if we lose, shit our pants or pee the bed.

This is what matters. We need to put on our big boy pants and smack the other Big 12 teams up side the head. Being happy for other Big 12 teams is no reflection of how people view their own family.

Well said. Pretty much my thoughts all the around.

Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT