ADVERTISEMENT

Pens - - Qualifying Round

Kingerski hammering the team this morning with the rhetorical question as to whether they want it anymore. I consider that question a little melodramatic......but only a little bit.

Reactions: torontoeers
Kingerski hammering the team this morning with the rhetorical question as to whether they want it anymore. I consider that question a little melodramatic......but only a little bit.
Ya, a bit...but something is definitely rotten, a 2016/17 team would have shown resilience. This one scares me as it has for 2 years now. In fact I'm still rather heated but that's just me...

On another note, I think that was 30's last game as a Pen. Sully if he plays him tomorrow will tie his own neck to the cinder block. You fellas know, I like him as a keeper on the whole, and I think he has played fairly well but far from perfect IMO this series, however sometimes life isn't fair and you get slotted against a guy like Price. And fairly or not you have to rise to the occasion when called upon...he's been good not great, Price has been very good although I would argue more beatable if our guys played just a little bit smarter....

Tomorrow is 8/7 and we know who was born then in 87. So I (along with the rest of us here) can only hope he has a fantastic birthday...otherwise I'm awfully hopeful for that 12.5% lottery ball falling in our favour....

Reactions: COOL MAN and WVRON
Ya, a bit...but something is definitely rotten, a 2016/17 team would have shown resilience. This one scares me as it has for 2 years now. In fact I'm still rather heated but that's just me...

On another note, I think that was 30's last game as a Pen. Sully if he plays him tomorrow will tie his own neck to the cinder block. You fellas know, I like him as a keeper on the whole, and I think he has played fairly well but far from perfect IMO this series, however sometimes life isn't fair and you get slotted against a guy like Price. And fairly or not you have to rise to the occasion when called upon...he's been good not great, Price has been very good although I would argue more beatable if our guys played just a little bit smarter....

Tomorrow is 8/7 and we know who was born then in 87. So I (along with the rest of us here) can only hope he has a fantastic birthday...otherwise I'm awfully hopeful for that 12.5% lottery ball falling in our favour....
I will predict that is NOT MM's last game as a Penguin. I look for Jarry to start tomorrow and win and also win Game 5. That would take them to a 7 game series and, if that happens, #30 would more than likely see the cage at some point.

why would murray want to stay in pittsburgh? 9 out 10 people hated him before this happened and are happy to see him fail because he took mon ami frenchy's job.

I will predict that is NOT MM's last game as a Penguin. I look for Jarry to start tomorrow and win and also win Game 5. That would take them to a 7 game series and, if that happens, #30 would more than likely see the cage at some point.
Well...I hope you are right. We saw flashes of what once was yesterday, maybe they find it...I do know one thing, we ( not all but many ) are collective spoiled as a fanbase. Others would kill for what has been achieved over relatively short time span. Could list over a dozen teams that would gladly take the heartache over a few years to see that amount of success....maybe we (many fans) need knocked down to earth for awhile. Realize what we had...how special it truly is.

why would murray want to stay in pittsburgh? 9 out 10 people hated him before this happened and are happy to see him fail because he took mon ami frenchy's job.
I hear ya totally...it's an either or. I for one had respect for Flower through his faults. The Flower love crew will show you the 'save to win it all in Detroit' which was a hella save no doubt, but if you challenge that with another where he failed in an important scenario they'll hammer on Murr. It's quite bizarre imo. I really have no time for that shit....
During 2016/17 runs I felt good about whomever was in the cage. It was a luxury to have two capable starters at that point.
This brand of the Pens seems not quite the same as that one, thus I dont really care who they trot out there in goal. They will be expected of miracles. And I actually like Jars quite a bit. His stick prowess is his strength so long as he doesnt get over confident with it.... as I say, Murr has looked good but not quite good enough thus far. Most of that has to do with his mates scoring less than usual. You score in abundance you win. We always used to score....

I'm no Leaves fan......but aside maybe the Russians (and the Craps), I'm not rooting for the Blojax against anyone.
Humour me ....I need something to cheer about...I will cheer for 30 other teams (31 soon) rather than the local yokels...they are incorrigible, trust me ....also I despise that PUNK Matthews...'Mr. Personality' what a freakin deadweight interview that wiener is...

Reactions: COOL MAN
The last sentence on this quote is very telling. For me it’s simple. Play Jarry in net, get Sheary off Sid’s line and bench Johnson.

We're all justifiably PO'd at how this series is going......but you DO realize the Pens actually could have easily won all 3 previous games. Doesn't change the fact their backs are against the wall today, but I don't personally think too much really has to change for them to turn the series back around in their favor.

Of course, the Habs clearly have every reason to feel better this morning (especially after how things transpired WED night) than they did this time last Saturday. And the Pens team I'm watching hasn't really shown too much indication they're equipped (or ready) to play a full 60 minutes......let alone do it twice.

Aside all the changes (Murray and Johnson) the fan base is screaming for, it might help even more if someone on the Habs accidentally (or purposely) cross-checks Geno, and jerks him into one of his pissed-off, run-roughshod-over-everyone modes, and gets him out of his current skate-around-the-perimeter deal.

We're all justifiably PO'd at how this series is going......but you DO realize the Pens actually could have easily won all 3 previous games. Doesn't change the fact their backs are against the wall today, but I don't personally think too much really has to change for them to turn the series back around in their favor.

Of course, the Habs clearly have every reason to feel better this morning (especially after how things transpired WED night) than they did this time last Saturday. And the Pens team I'm watching hasn't really shown too much indication they're equipped (or ready) to play a full 60 minutes......let alone do it twice.

Aside all the changes (Murray and Johnson) the fan base is screaming for, it might help even more if someone on the Habs accidentally (or purposely) cross-checks Geno, and jerks him into one of his pissed-off, run-roughshod-over-everyone modes, and gets him out of his current skate-around-the-perimeter deal.
I've seen enough of JJ, but I do get the decision in goal, he had to try something to shake these guys up.

Just walked in the house.......took almost 5 hours to buy our daughter a new car today. Judging by the studio commentary, doesn't sound as though the Pens have brought much with them today. Maybe a week in Toronto is enough to make them homesick.

Can only hope they pick things up now that they know I'm watching again......

Just walked in the house.......took almost 5 hours to buy our daughter a new car today. Judging by the studio commentary, doesn't sound as though the Pens have brought much with them today. Maybe a week in Toronto is enough to make them homesick.

Can only hope they pick things up now that they know I'm watching again......
As per your ice inquiry earlier? It sucks by the looks of it. It's sticky. Advantage Habs there imo.

Better team clearly won today (and the series, as it turns out) ......so how will the teardown begin ??

I knew it was illogical to think the lads would hoist the cup this year, but it was nice to have some live sports to watch. Oh well, back to true crime shows until college football starts (if it starts.)

I think Sully is on the hot seat and GMJR might just sail off in the sunset. That is the start of it.

Gonna be VERY interesting to see how much of this (and past) failure Mario hangs on Rutherford and Sully......myself, I have no idea, since Mario is so publicly tight-lipped.

Something DOES tell me, however, that he might be more inclined to make changes than he was last year after the Islander series, which a lot of folks (including yours truly, to at least some extent) thought was as much an accident for a team that unfortunately had a bad week at the worst possible time.

Can't use that excuse this year.....FA's like Schultz, Marleau, and Sheary presumably are history, and I can't imagine Murray has a future in Pittsburgh now. They'd surely like to move the Horndog, Johnson, and Bjugstad contracts, though we all know they likely won't find many takers (at least without any incentives, which they really don't have available).

I also think they'll make an honest effort to move Letang, who didn't look to my eyes to be very engaged in this series, with some degree of seriousness. IMO, his wheels......with the exception of the occasional burst......seem to have largely disappeared.

This team may look extraordinarily different in 20/21......if so, the bigger question (IMO) will be if Rutherford and Sully are the right guys to pilot the remodeled ship.

YkVP1r2.jpg

Doesnt this look ultra sexy? I think it does....it gives us our next dominance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT