ADVERTISEMENT

Pens - - Qualifying Round

Get out of this qualifier and to my math, after today's earlier results it's likely Boston... and imo there is likely no better time. They've been a hot mess throughout this restart...

Reactions: COOL MAN
Couple brief comments on the Habs......

• They're using their sticks as weapons as much as anyone I've seen (including the Craps and Cryers) in the recent past. That's obviously SOP for anyone playing the Pens; but even I'm surprised how much lumber they're using.....of course, they've got an old timer behind the bench. And they're not getting called for stick fouls, so it's going to continue.
  • Habs are much bigger.....both up front and at the blue line.....than I realized, considering they're known pretty much solely as a skating team (whch I think is mostly because pint-size Gallagher and quart-size Drouin are their highest profile forwards).
This quote here...I mentioned to the wife the other night, I'm not quite sure I've seen Sid deal with so much lumber...and he oft takes a lot of it as we know. Just stay healthy.... especially after watching that stretcher scenario last night with Leaves Muzzin. We need all hands on deck.

Pens defense totally lost on the GA sequence......fabulous start for the Habs. Not sure the Pens have a SOG here in the first 7 minutes.

Reactions: torontoeers
Best sequence by far for the Guins......can they possibly shock the world on this PP ??

Hey t, how good is the ice generally considered to be at SBA compared to Bell Centre or Rogers (which I believe are considered the two best sheets in the League) ??

Hey t, how good is the ice generally considered to be at SBA compared to Bell Centre or Rogers (which I believe are considered the two best sheets in the League) ??
It's generally considered as very good. Surprisingly Rogers is getting a bad rap thus far? Not sure why...I imagine it is likely very good during this Eastern conf restart, as there is no Raptor basketball floor up and down to screw things up.
Funny you mention SBA....I am the guy called 3 times now to fix that damned Panasonic scoreboard. Thankfully successfully thusfar. I am now looking at all these damned screens along with the main scoreboard and 3 games a day, saying PLEASE DONT CALL ME lol....although I think they have 2 electricians down there full time on shifts from the in house because of the bubble.....although I wish them luck that way , I've fixed their mess too often.

It's generally considered as very good. Surprisingly Rogers is getting a bad rap thus far? Not sure why...I imagine it is likely very good during this Eastern conf restart, as there is no Raptor basketball floor up and down to screw things up.
Funny you mention SBA....I am the guy called 3 times now to fix that damned Panasonic scoreboard. Thankfully successfully thusfar. I am now looking at all these damned screens along with the main scoreboard and 3 games a day, saying PLEASE DONT CALL ME lol....although I think they have 2 electricians down there full time on shifts from the in house because of the bubble.....although I wish them luck that way , I've fixed their mess too often.
I appreciated the photos you sent me during previous work on scoreboard there. Pretty cool!
Nice first period for the lads. Very nice to see PP clicking!

I DESPISE some of these camera angles I am getting from overhead occasionally on CBC/SN feed. Are you guys getting same? Wtf are they doing? Stick with the standard we are used to damnit. It works and has for decades...gsus.

But at least the game is still even......need to find their legs again in the 3rd.
This one is THE game. IMO. We saw such positive play for most of it, and now this regression. A game ebbs and flows as we understand, but, if you want to be champs, they simply have to assert themselves in 3...I look for both Sid (he's got it done) and Geno. In saying that, I have honestly liked Geno's game last 2. He hasn't taken any of his usual dumbass penalties ( I thought the one in 2 there was decidedly weak call imo), and has been engaged, just looks a bit snakebit... The Habs are hitting well, and taking advantage of defensive lapses here and there, I give them cred, I don't want to give them anymore.
Also, watch when Tatar is on the ice, this is when they seem to pounce. He is incredibly weak defensively....anyway, that's my 2 cents...oh ya and YOU #30, You hold the fort for us for now....we got goals to score.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT