ADVERTISEMENT

Pens - - NOV 2016

Letang owed his teammates the game winner last night after what he's been doing (or not doing) the past few games......though it WAS a pretty filthy move. Meanwhile, Sid proves how smart/good he is by staying out of that 9 man scrum in the crease and making the perfect shot/play (while taking full advantage of the fact the entire Jersey team lost track of him).

Meanwhile, glad you got the new jersey when you were in town [thumb2] even if it isn't a surprise anymore.

Reactions: torontoeers
In the NJD game, I found myself wondering about the story with career minor leaguer Steve Oleksy in the lineup. It wasn't until I read the rundown in yesterday's paper did I realize he took Brian Dumoulin's place......who was a healthy scratch.

It's certainly no secret he's NOT been all that good recently, but I didn't realize he played >20+ minutes in 9 of his first 13 games, but hasn't reached that level in the past 9 games. After <15 minutes in the Minnesota game, HCMS finally benched him altogether. Reading between the lines, I get the impression BD may now be viewed as pressing..... which (as is usually the case) has backfired on him.

Lord knows he came into the season as their best defensive defenseman, and his steps backward have therefore been very rough on the team. But more than that, he couldn't have picked a worse time to decline, as he needs a new contract next year.

Speaking of defenseman, I guess Pouliot was back in the WB/S lineup over the weekend in a reconditioning stint. He didn't score (and was a - 1) but was thought to be their best D-men; I don't exactly know what that means on a team not exactly loaded on the blue line.

Pierre . ...'How did you feel about the missed chance Phil? He wants to see it again!'....WTF You complete goof?!? Right in his face from his between the bench perch... If PK doesn't think of you as a complete and total moron by now I'll eat my F'n shirt!!! Phil didnt even look at him....Damn is he ANNOYING!

Oh fantastic...after being snakebit toward the end of 1... Boychuk! Arrghhh

'Guins getting pretty badly outplayed tonight, and Murray isn't exactly separating himself tonight from the currently unspectacular Marc-Andre Fluery.

Looks like Hornqvist is one the few who have shown up tonight. Nice to see somebody antagonizing Hamonic, rather than the other way around, for once.

'Guins getting pretty badly outplayed tonight, and Murray isn't exactly separating himself tonight from the currently unspectacular Marc-Andre Fluery.

Looks like Hornqvist is on the few who showed up tonight. Nice to see somebody antagonizing Hamonic, rather than the other way around, for once.
Well....I hit 'Book it' just before that 2nd Isles goal...for 2 nights Miami next week followed by 3 nights in the Keys....Am I sure I want to do this with the results thus far tonight LOL? ....Its all good boys no worries my results on the road are much better than when I show at PPG :wink:! For the record Panthers tix have gone up in price this year slightly but still fairly cheap, however I'm certain this also has to do with the fact it's the Cup Champs...

Murray has NOT looked good thus far...need a few goals here!!!

Reactions: COOL MAN
Nice glover by MM on Tavares; was kind of a funny catch, with his catching wrist cocked at a forward angle. Stepped up his play pretty significantly on the 5 on 3.

Well....I hit 'Book it' just before that 2nd Isles goal...for 2 nights Miami next week followed by 3 nights in the Keys....Am I sure I want to do this with the results thus far tonight LOL? ....Its all good boys no worries my results on the road are much better than when I show at PPG :wink:! For the record Panthers tix have gone up in price this year slightly but still fairly cheap, however I'm certain this also has to do with the fact it's the Cup Champs...

Murray has NOT looked good thus far...need a few goals here!!!

Sounds like a nice getaway in early December......I figured Panthers tix would go up this year; but man, this new ownership down there in Sunrise keeps cleaning house.

I don't follow the Panthers that closely, but I find it hard to believe canning Gallant is the cure for whatever it is their ownership feels that ails them.

That 3rd goal is probably the back breaker for a 'Guins team that doesn't really appear all that much a threat thus far to beat Greiss anyway (and who, like Halak, usually plays the Pens pretty tough).

That 3rd goal is probably the back breaker for a 'Guins team that doesn't really appear all that much a threat thus far to beat Greiss anyway (and who, like Halak, usually plays the Pens pretty tough).
Making it interesting now. Let's go Pens!

Any of you fellas been to BB&T ? Apparently parking is included in my ticket? Our hotel is Miami Beach so a good jaunt from the arena, but may take the uber /cab option anyway should we have a beer or 2....WHOA!!!! MALKIN!!!!

Well...I didn't see it, not sure if the rest of you did either? Late night at work but...6-2 over a team that gives them fits from time to time works for me!

BTW...Where the heck is OM1? Chime in good fella!

Well...I didn't see it, not sure if the rest of you did either? Late night at work but...6-2 over a team that gives them fits from time to time works for me!

BTW...Where the heck is OM1? Chime in good fella!

I posted above in the Dec thread. The player's strategy of coasting for 2 periods and then dominating like they are the 93 Pens is a tad disturbing to me right now. When they turn it on, they are damn fun to watch. Otherwise they just piss me off!!!

I posted above in the Dec thread. The player's strategy of coasting for 2 periods and then dominating like they are the 93 Pens is a tad disturbing to me right now. When they turn it on, they are damn fun to watch. Otherwise they just piss me off!!!
Right !December already lol...

As you say something nights they are damned frustrating . I don't expect em to win em all but watching vs the Isles Wed had me thinking as you do re: 2 periods of nothing and then deciding to turn it on...too little too late. Every single team in the league is gunning for the Cup Champs, and if they don't realize it by now, they will down the stretch run...a bit more consistency would go a long way. Happy with a W vs the Stars regardless , hopefully they can rip off a few in a row here. Specifically Thurs vs The Panthers! I'll be there lol...I know you have been to quite a few venues , have you been to BB&T ? And if so what did ya think? We have lowers between net and corner...

Right !December already lol...

As you say something nights they are damned frustrating . I don't expect em to win em all but watching vs the Isles Wed had me thinking as you do re: 2 periods of nothing and then deciding to turn it on...too little too late. Every single team in the league is gunning for the Cup Champs, and if they don't realize it by now, they will down the stretch run...a bit more consistency would go a long way. Happy with a W vs the Stars regardless , hopefully they can rip off a few in a row here. Specifically Thurs vs The Panthers! I'll be there lol...I know you have been to quite a few venues , have you been to BB&T ? And if so what did ya think? We have lowers between net and corner...

I haven't been there. I went to their old barn that was in downtown Miami back in the mid 90s. That was pretty nondescript. I have two college friends in West Palm area that always want me to come down. Someday I'll get there. Have you been the Bell Centre in Montreal?

Any of you fellas been to BB&T ? Apparently parking is included in my ticket? Our hotel is Miami Beach so a good jaunt from the arena, but may take the uber /cab option anyway should we have a beer or 2....WHOA!!!! MALKIN!!!!

The following is a post I made in late August; doesn't really tell you much about BB&T or Sunrise, but......

I saw the Ducks vs Panthers in Sunrise 3 years ago (I think) this coming November. It was an unusual experience; daytime temps were in the high 80s F during the day, and the BB&T Center was MAYBE half full that night.

I think Tim Thomas was in goal that night for Florida, and I'm pretty sure new Laffs savior Freddy Anderson started (as a rookie) for Anaheim. I seem to recall the Ducks were up 2-0 after the 1st, but the Panthers came all the way back to win 4-3 in what ended up being a pretty decent game.

Tickets at the time were cheap.......maybe $12US for a seat in the Upper EZ.....and I grabbed a Panthers T-shirt shot from one of those gatling guns during a break in the action. The thing I disliked the most was parking; $20US (or maybe $25) in the arena lot with no practical alternative in the area. Nothing like paying twice as much to park as it was to get a seat.

Obviously, things are fairly different in Sunrise these days; but who knows what their crowds will be like before Christmas. I find myself wondering if ownership will be jacking up Panthers ticket prices significantly for 2016/17. Of course, by Toronto standards, I suspect even new pricing will be pretty reasonable (if not downright cheap).

But if the Pens are in town that night, I'd expect a pretty decent contingent of black and gold in the crowd
.[/QUOTE]

BB&T is a perfectly fine building for hockey; hardly brand new anymore, but probably comparable to most everyplace else of its general vintage in the League these days.

I myself consider Sunrise to be a bit of a haul from Miami Beach to rely on Uber. For that reason, I'd personally recommend you drive there, especially if your parking is prepaid. That is unless, as you've already surmised, you may end up having a few pops that night.

But no matter how you slice it (or where you're spending the night), south Florida in mid-December is a pretty nice proposition. Regarding that night to which I referenced above, I was staying in Plantation; essentially the next town over from Sunrise.

FYI, there's a monster Outlet Mall (Sawgrass Mills) which is adjacent (across the boulevard) to the BB&T Center. If your wife (or you) likes that kind of thing, she'd probably enjoy traipsing around that place for a couple hours in advance of the game.

I haven't been there. I went to their old barn that was in downtown Miami back in the mid 90s. That was pretty nondescript. I have two college friends in West Palm area that always want me to come down. Someday I'll get there. Have you been the Bell Centre in Montreal?
I have! Great venue for a game and great city to wander about in. Habs vs Sabres a few years back, was in the uppers and had a great view of the action below. Tix were not as ridiculous aftermarket as Toronto prices bit still up there.... although it was a Saturday night ....Habs fans? Slightly more self righteous than Leaves ones (neither have won a damned thing in eons so this always perplexes me), but I would venture they are true 'hockey' fans as opposed to the folk around here (meaning in the GTA proper, I am north of there by an hour or so in Port Perry), who are Leaves fans ONLY lmao...they could give 2 shits about the minor league teams etc...sad really. Thus I would wager the folks outside Toronto up here and in Montreal/Quebec are far more knowledgeable of the sport on the whole...

The following is a post I made in late August; doesn't really tell you much about BB&T or Sunrise, but......

I saw the Ducks vs Panthers in Sunrise 3 years ago (I think) this coming November. It was an unusual experience; daytime temps were in the high 80s F during the day, and the BB&T Center was MAYBE half full that night.

I think Tim Thomas was in goal that night for Florida, and I'm pretty sure new Laffs savior Freddy Anderson started (as a rookie) for Anaheim. I seem to recall the Ducks were up 2-0 after the 1st, but the Panthers came all the way back to win 4-3 in what ended up being a pretty decent game.

Tickets at the time were cheap.......maybe $12US for a seat in the Upper EZ.....and I grabbed a Panthers T-shirt shot from one of those gatling guns during a break in the action. The thing I disliked the most was parking; $20US (or maybe $25) in the arena lot with no practical alternative in the area. Nothing like paying twice as much to park as it was to get a seat.

Obviously, things are fairly different in Sunrise these days; but who knows what their crowds will be like before Christmas. I find myself wondering if ownership will be jacking up Panthers ticket prices significantly for 2016/17. Of course, by Toronto standards, I suspect even new pricing will be pretty reasonable (if not downright cheap).

But if the Pens are in town that night, I'd expect a pretty decent contingent of black and gold in the crowd

BB&T is a perfectly fine building for hockey; hardly brand new anymore, but probably comparable to most everyplace else of its general vintage in the League these days.

I myself consider Sunrise to be a bit of a haul from Miami Beach to rely on Uber. For that reason, I'd personally recommend you drive there, especially if your parking is prepaid. That is unless, as you've already surmised, you may end up having a few pops that night.

But no matter how you slice it (or where you're spending the night), south Florida in mid-December is a pretty nice proposition. Regarding that night to which I referenced above, I was staying in Plantation; essentially the next town over from Sunrise.

FYI, there's a monster Outlet Mall (Sawgrass Mills) which is adjacent (across the boulevard) to the BB&T Center. If your wife (or you) likes that kind of thing, she'd probably enjoy traipsing around that place for a couple hours in advance of the game.[/QUOTE]
As I mention your post to the lovely wife 'apparently across from the.....'....she finished it!' GIANT MALL!'....Yikes lol....I will capitulate this time again it seems...she loves the game and her Pens almost as much as yours truly, yet is still allowing Ole torontoeers a night at the rink on our 12th anniversary ! Yeah...she's a peach for sure! :smiley:

I saw OM make reference to a December thread which I couldn't see; that could only mean it was started by 82, because I've got him on permanent Ignore.

With that being the case, I will not post on that thread......I have no interest in his dumbass tweets to begin with, which I'd just as soon he take over to the OT Board to his jackboot pals (most of whom I also have on Ignore).

Meanwhile, I'll be starting my own DEC thread, and I'll be posting there this month. If you have a need to inform me that I don't know what I'm talking about, that'll be the best place to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT