ADVERTISEMENT

Pens - - NOV 2016

So, it's the (Las) Vegas Golden Knights; not that anyone cares, I'm honestly not bananas about the name.

If they HAD to go that identity route.....which was rumored from the get go......I myself MUCH preferred BLACK KNIGHTS. However, I guess they received some pushback on that choice; possibly directly from the basic source of the identity, West Point, as well as some locals. But I also think adding Golden to the name is meaningless; NOBODY will call them anything else but Knights.

As for the logo, I think it's kind of meh, too.....

Nash undresses Murray on the Malkin-caused (who else) PP.......1-0 NYC. And now, Rusty hits the post.

Not very good signs thus far.

Why is it that Sid.....after SO many deflections over the years.....continues to force that cross-ice pass through the defensively collapsed slot on the PP ?? For a center who likes to shoot (and successfully) as much as he does, it never fails to puzzle me.

Reactions: torontoeers
I'm not sure I have seen as pathetic a PP as this 3 minute one in some time...face off loses, whomever the hell it was on the backend rifling it up the ice at the start, Kessel trying to deke out every Ranger on the ice or Sid's stupid no look backhand 'pass'...wake the hell up you jackasses !

Reactions: COOL MAN
Rangers are the MUCH better team thus far; Pens just don't seem to have much of a clue how to blunt the Rangers speed and their play in their own end. I will say I'm absolutely convinced they REALLY miss Hornqvist and Kunitz.

Hope you're feeling better, t.......unfortunately, this game will make you sicker.

Why is it that Sid.....after SO many deflections over the years.....continues to force that cross-ice pass through the defensively collapsed slot on the PP ?? For a center who likes to shoot (and successfully) as much as he does, it never fails to puzzle me.
CM...Who the hell is the stiff on the right during the intermission....any idea ? I didn't catch his name as i caught the last half of it... Is his schtick supposed to be funny or uplifting ? Man alive...just gimmie the lowdown lol...

Rangers are the MUCH better team thus far; Pens just don't seem to have much of a clue how to blunt the Rangers speed and their play in their own end. I will say I'm absolutely convinced they REALLY miss Hornqvist and Kunitz.

Hope you're feeling better, t.......unfortunately, this game will make you sicker.
And bit better today ...and thanks for asking...head still stuffed and likely will be awhile...
Wilson!!!!

Nice feed from Kessel, but Wilson shows some pretty nice hands on the goal.

CM...Who the hell is the stiff on the right during the intermission....any idea ? I didn't catch his name as i caught the last half of it... Is his schtick supposed to be funny or uplifting ? Man alive...just gimmie the lowdown lol...

Steve Valiquette; old NYR scrub goaltender. If he thinks the major was a bad call, fine.......but his "analysis" was borderline silly. Even Trautweg thought it was goofy.

Whoa, serious deflection by Sid; hope they can keep up this elevated play.

Friggin' Grabner KILLS the Penguins.....just like Tomas Fleischmann and Tobias Rieder (and Travis Hamonic).

Steve Valiquette; old NYR scrub goaltender. If he thinks the major was a bad call, fine.......but his "analysis" was borderline silly. Even Trautweg thought it was goofy.

Whoa, serious deflection by Sid; hope they can keep up this elevated play.
Wow! Valiqutte ! serious throwback for me there lol...

I gotta admit that's a hilarious episode when Phil's buddy Tanger is laughing under his breath at the TO . ..'You GASSED out there pal?' lol...

BOOM! And they chase 'the King' from between the pipes!!! :cool2:

Where in the hell is Euell.......he needs to be in on this :cool2:

Will be interested to hear Valiquette's take on this period; he'll just say the Rangers decided NOT to come out for the 2nd, I suppose.

Been awhile since the Pens last looked like the Champs; nice to see them back again, even if only for one period.

Will be interested to hear Valiquette's take on this period; he'll just say the Rangers decided NOT to come out for the 2nd, I suppose.
WTF??? In a position Pittsburgh has been vulnerable for years? Has he ever seen MAF in his life? Lmao...get this stiff off the air! Nothing on your own teams druthers at the other end? Priceless

WTF??? In a position Pittsburgh has been vulnerable for years? Has he ever seen MAF in his life? Lmao...get this stiff off the air! Nothing on your own teams druthers at the other end? Priceless

Valiquette simply continues the now-common tradition that the only TRULY acceptable opinion in hockey media is that 1) Crosby sucks, or 2) Penguins suck. Oh, and 3) Fleury sucks. Of course, the ONLY thing he talked about were those three scoring chances the Rangers had.....while never saying a single syllable about the 5 goal blitz his team encountered at the other end of the uce.

Meanwhile, it's pretty clear the Pens grasp of King Henrik's mind (or else, what's in his jock) remains fairly vise-like. Pens (I think) play the Rangers twice more this season; will be curious to see if Raanta ends up getting the start in BOTH of them......

Last edited:
Valiquette simply continues the now-common tradition that the only TRULY acceptable opinion in hockey media is that 1) Crosby sucks, or 2) Penguins suck. Oh, and 3) Fleury sucks. Of course, the ONLY thing he talked about were those three scoring chances the Rangers had.....while never saying a single syllable about the 5 goal blitz his team encountered at the other end of the uce.

Meanwhile, it's pretty clear the Pens grasp of King Henrik's mind (or else, what's in his jock) remains fairly vise-like. Pens (I think) play the Rangers twice more this season; will be curious to see if Raanta ends up getting the start in BOTH of them......
Gobble Gobble to you and all the rest of the Pens /EERS fans today! Enjoy...makes me wish we didn't plan ours so damned early up here lol...

After last night's 2nd period blitz of the NYR.....and today's steam-rolling of the Illini......I'm in the best mood tonight that I've been in awhile.

Flower pouting in his crease after giving up a goal at 0:40 of the first period. Errey says he's 2-6 lifetime in Minnesota, so it's not like he's any kind of guarantee against the Wild.

Thought I might be better off watching this rather than the awful (thus far) Mountaineer game.....guess not.

Letang's brain fart turnover his own end leading to Coyle's second of the period might very well have sealed his team's fate before the end of the 1st.

Pens defense completely non-existent in its own end, and Flower leaves the ice after the second in tears (at least judging from Errey's comments). Not much of an effort thus far......the 16 SOG in the 2nd period not withstanding.....coming off the feel-good performance in NY.

Still not sure why Sullivan thought it SO important to save Murray for tomorrow night versus the Devils with largely NO confidence that Flower would play well TODAY.

After last night's 2nd period blitz of the NYR.....and today's steam-rolling of the Illini......I'm in the best mood tonight that I've been in awhile.

I honestly wouldn't have expected that feeling to have turned around SO completely in less than 24 hours...... [sick]

I honestly wouldn't have expected that feeling to have turned around SO completely in less than 24 hours...... [sick]
Well it sounds like my efforts to get home from work to see the last half of this one were completely misguided....and who knew that a flat (after one helluva bs work week) on one damned busy 401 at rush hour would in some respect save me from what I understand was a barf worthy performance from our boys....silver lining in everything lol.

That bad eh CM? Yikes....

Well it sounds like my efforts to get home from work to see the last half of this one were completely misguided....and who knew that a flat (after one helluva bs work week) on one damned busy 401 at rush hour would in some respect save me from what I understand was a barf worthy performance from our boys....silver lining in everything lol.

That bad eh CM? Yikes....

Flats will ruin your damned day.....Friday rush hour, especially......kinda like the 1st half of the Mountaineers game, or the 2nd period of the Pens game. Really, today was about as depressing as it could get (well, maybe with the exception of last Saturday).

About the ONLY promising characteristic of the basketball game was our first ever REAL indication of what Esa Ahmad might deliver to this program. He may not be a UK, Dook, or Louisville-quality elite thoroughbred athlete; but he looked active, has pretty nice size, and showed some aggressiveness on both ends of the floor. Today was also an indicator what might happen if we're forced to rely TOO much on Nathan Adrian as a crunch time go-to guy.

As for the Pens, it was a sickening performance if you pay attention to anything other than SOG. As you can tell from my earlier posts, Fleury did nothing to earn back is old job......and the defense (led by Letang, who played like he had no interest being there) had as shitty a game as they've had all season.

I have been flipping between football and this game...am I wrong in suggesting every minute I have seen on the ice has been a colossal bore? ....Hey...I suppose it's the Devils so what the hell...

Murray not looking very good in his own right tonight.....
And that stellar save by Kincaid on Sid may be the one to look back on at game end...wow.

Side note...when myself and the boys went bar hoping Southside Burgh on Sunday afternoon, the wives went shopping down the street...I asked her (nicely ) to pick me up a MM T shirt to her response 'like you need another one?!?'...I admit I do already have a Hags and Mario one , amongst my jerseys lol...anyway when we got back I dropped in at the neighbour's room where the girls were hangin out and saw a Pens Gear bag, instantly snatched it up, to the screams of NO!!! but too late...Christmas gift ruined apparently . ...bad man torontoeers . ...you very bad man! Doh! ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT