ADVERTISEMENT

Pens March

That young lady belting out the anthems was rather attractive!....Matt Murray only a few hours from home I imagine wants to have a good game tonight...keep this joint quiet! Let's go!!!

Attractive......Not sure if she was legal but I thought she was damn hot! One of the finest anthem singers I have seen an a while. Not sure why after all these years that Sid goes so ice cold at times, but darn he should have buried that feed from Sheary and sheary should have buried one from Sid. Thank God Murray finished rather strong. He was a mess in the early part of the game. Not sure what Sully had to say to Bonino but I wish he would say it to Hagelin too.

Reactions: torontoeers
Attractive......Not sure if she was legal but I thought she was damn hot! One of the finest anthem singers I have seen an a while. Not sure why after all these years that Sid goes so ice cold at times, but darn he should have buried that feed from Sheary and sheary should have buried one from Sid. Thank God Murray finished rather strong. He was a mess in the early part of the game. Not sure what Sully had to say to Bonino but I wish he would say it to Hagelin too.
Geno seemed right fired up after dropping gloves! I would say do it more often but he really can't throw em and I DON'T want him hurt lol...

Why is it that tonight seems far more like McDavid vs. Geno rather than Sid ??

Speaking of Geno, he's seemingly gained a ton of respect around the League for dropping the gloves the other night with Blake Wheeler (and then offensively pulverizing his team as an end game). From what I can tell, even Wheeler likes Geno now.....pretty cool. And I think Wheeler......who was publicly pretty pissed at Geno after the first game.....should be commended for making positive comments after what ended up being a fairly devastating loss for his team.

Meanwhile, I see Sestito has gotten 4 games for the Enstrom hit. I finally saw the replay, and there's little question he catapulted Enstrom into the boards unnecessarily. That said, I was surprised to be hearing NHLN Radio analysts yesterday calling Enstrom out for (in essence) purposely putting himself in position to actually get catapulted. No question Enstrom knew what was coming......and those analysts were saying he (as the hit-ee) should accept some responsibility for his actions leading to the hit.

Anyway, I found myself thinking about the Shane Doan hit on Kris Letang in Arizona a couple years ago, when he was accused by anti-Pens Nation of doing (more or less) the exact same thing as Enstrom. From what I can recall, Doan didn't even draw a hearing on that hit; of course, he's a little higher on hockey's evolutionary scale than Sestito.

At the end of the day, Sestito is obviously an easy target for the League, so it's really no shock they threw the book at him. I just wish he'd have saved that shot for somebody like Tom Wilson or Boone Jenner; neither of whom, of course, would ever turn their backs on an approaching defender (Sestito or otherwise) in that manner.

Just saw the results fellas( out at my buddies 55th...great night)...and...well...2 fer 2 no matter how it was achieved? I assume we will take it! Let's go 3 of 3 tomorrow!!!

Lately, I seem to miss the Pens best play (1st period last night) while my actual view time seems depressingly limited to the times where the opposition has found their skating legs (as well as their goaltending).

Thankfully, Flower was strong in a game where the Pens were outshot 42-30, and positively embarrassed 34-11 in the faceoff circle. But in their defense, these Oilers have admittedly made new Rogers a very tough place to play (and to win at as a visitor). Making things that much more difficult is the extent to which the Oil obviously get gunned up to support McDavid.....who really doesn't need the extra help.....in his matchup with Sid.

Kessel's OT game winner WAS an impressive laser bolt, made more important (and perhaps surprising) due to his lack of effectiveness during regulation time.

Solid win last night against perhaps THE best Ryan Miller who has ever stepped into a cage against the Guins. Canucks are some distance from the better half of the League, but they were well positioned for the upset with the Pens coming in off the tough game in Edmonton (which even the HNIC people acknowledged).

Not sure I'd have wanted to play anyone any better with so many injuries; of course, the Canucks were missing some key guys as well. BTW, if you hadn't heard, Hagelin is out for a month with an LBI. But Murray......as seemingly happens much of time......wasn't victimized by a bad goal, which helped a bunch. Heading to Calgary to play the hottest team in the business tomorrow; of course, the Pens OWE the Flames after their recent win in Pittsburgh.

BTW, did you happen to notice the Pens are now only ONE point out 1st place in the Metro after the Craps third straight loss (and their own 5th straight win) ?? Add to that the Blow Jackets loss after giving up 5 straight goals to Buffalo (after taking a 3-0 lead) and last night couldn't have gone much better for the Black & Gold. Meanwhile, the week's schedules thru next Sunday:

Craps - - at Anaheim, Minnesota home, at Nashville, at Tampa
CBJ - - at Philly, Florida home, at NYI, at NJD
Pens - - at Calgary, at Philly, NJD home, Florida home

Reactions: Euell
Glad the Pens earned a point to tie the Craps and stay ahead of the Blow Jax; but it's always rough to lose in a shootout, particularly when you don't score even once.

If you didn't see it, dial up the highlights and watch Hainsey get undressed by Gaudreau.......a play he won't want to re-live., and one for which any critics of his deal will point to as a reason NOT to have given up the #2 pick. Also if you didn't see it, Streit took a shot to the midsection and left the game injured. I believe he spent some time in the hospital in Calgary, though he returned home with the team.

But it could be yet another time-lost injury to the Pens defense......

Last edited:
Glad the Pens earned a point to tie the Craps and stay ahead of the Blow Jax; but it's always rough to lose in a shootout, particularly when you don't score even once.

If you didn't see it, dial up the highlights and watch Hainsey get undressed by Gaudreau.......a play he won't want to re-live., and one for which any critics of his deal will point to as a reason NOT to have given up the #2 pick. Also if you didn't see it, Streit took a shot to the midsection and left the game injured. I believe he spent some time in the hospital in Calgary, though he returned home with the team.

But it could be yet another time-lost injury to the Pens defense......
Been so busy the last few days I haven't had a chance to see ANY of this trip since the Peg :angry:....so thanks for the updates! From what I hear Tkachuk was a serious thorn in Sid's side last night? That is the type of player he is of course, plays on the edge, a hard player to play against it seems. Regarding the shot Streit took...as far as I know, at this point the Pens are getting awful thin in terms of the ability to call up from WB/S , one more allowed I think? Yikes...I wont admonish them too much for calling up Sestito with what proved to be a pretty big dustup out on the Prairie, but I will admonish Sestito for his dumbass hit earning the suspension.
Need to hang in here and keep whomever they can healthy down this stretch, cause as we know it only goes up from here intensity wise come April...the better the seed the better I'm gonna feel that's for certain...Get this win in Philly...

Sounds like nothing new this morning as yet on Streit; presumably, HCMS will comment later this morning. Not that my opinion counts for anything, but I'd be surprised if he plays tonight.

Meanwhile, DK reporting that GMJR said yesterday that Letang is improving, but there's still no word on his return to action. Still makes you wonder how an injury originally described as day-to-day is now at 10 games and counting.

My own guess is that he'll continue to be treated with kid gloves, and that we won't see him this month. Which means the team will be happy to get him back for the last week of the season (where they play 5 games in 8 days) in advance of the playoffs.

Flyers are 4-5-1 (with 3 losses in a row) after their collapse the other night against the Blojax; so even a weakened Pens team should find a way to win tonight. I'd guess Murray will get the start, and let's all hope Sid and Geno don't get speared by Gudas and/or Manning and end up in the hospital.

Been so busy the last few days I haven't had a chance to see ANY of this trip since the Peg :angry:....so thanks for the updates! From what I hear Tkachuk was a serious thorn in Sid's side last night? That is the type of player he is of course, plays on the edge, a hard player to play against it seems. Regarding the shot Streit took...as far as I know, at this point the Pens are getting awful thin in terms of the ability to call up from WB/S , one more allowed I think? Yikes...I wont admonish them too much for calling up Sestito with what proved to be a pretty big dustup out on the Prairie, but I will admonish Sestito for his dumbass hit earning the suspension.
Need to hang in here and keep whomever they can healthy down this stretch, cause as we know it only goes up from here intensity wise come April...the better the seed the better I'm gonna feel that's for certain...Get this win in Philly...

Thinking back to the Phil Bourque era where he originally was a defenseman turned forward but could step to the blue-line if needed, is there any current Pen that is capable of playing defense in a pinch?

Thinking back to the Phil Bourque era where he originally was a defenseman turned forward but could step to the blue-line if needed, is there any current Pen that is capable of playing defense in a pinch?

Just a wild ass guess, but I find myself thinking the most likely candidate for something like that would be someone with at least a bit of size who can really skate (like Matt Cullen.....at least if he was dressed). Plus, he'd bring a veteran's moxie to a very difficult situation.

Aside MC, my other wild ass guesses would be Kuhnhackl (though I don't know if he's viewed to be any kind of exceptional skater) or a blood-and-guts guy like Hornqvist (also, if he was dressed). You also might put a great skating Conor Sheary back there; but he's probably just too small to be trying to defend.

Oh god....I forgot it's Wednesday...NBC :cry:....am I the only one here who prefers the local Root crew by leaps and bounds over this ? Yes...its Pierre as you know that drives me apoplectic, however I would also like a grand total of zero words outta Milbury's fat yapper...
Let's go...just get the W!

Just a wild ass guess, but I find myself thinking the most likely candidate for something like that would be someone with at least a bit of size who can really skate (like Matt Cullen.....at least if he was dressed). Plus, he'd bring a veteran's moxie to a very difficult situation.

Aside MC, my other wild ass guesses would be Kuhnhackl (though I don't know if he's viewed to be any kind of exceptional skater) or a blood-and-guts guy like Hornqvist (also, if he was dressed). You also might put a great skating Conor Sheary back there; but he's probably just too small to be trying to defend.
I tend to agree with you CM re: Kuhnhackl...effective enough at a 2 way game. Perhaps the best option? Not sure if he's ever played a lick of D however...Cullen at least has a good deal of experience, and yeah maybe he could handle the load?

And enough with this behind the back fancy passes when nobody is there! What 3 or 4 of them on that pp? Only to have their bacon saved by Murray on the point blank right after. Cmon fellas, smarten up!

Reactions: COOL MAN
And enough with this behind the back fancy passes when nobody is there! What 3 or 4 of them on that pp? Only to have their bacon saved by Murray on the point blank right after. Cmon fellas, smarten up!

Yeah, I too have seen enough of the blind back passes for an entire week (or month) after that period.

I thought they started off reasonably well, but lost the momentum altogether after the two penalty kills.....which ended up jolting the Cryers, especially in the last 5 minutes where they had much the better of the play. Murray did make a couple nice saves, but none were bigger than that sprawler in the last minute (which he played absolutely perfectly).

It would be nice if they actually tested Mason spmetime in the 2nd.......meanwhile t, Pierre is obviously off tonight in favor of Brian Boucher. I'm very surprised he's missing a Pens-Flyers game.....maybe it's weather/travel related.

Regardless, I know that alone has brightened your evening !!!! :cool2:

Yeah, I too have seen enough of the blind back passes for an entire week (or month) after that period.

I thought they started off reasonably well, but lost the momentum altogether after the two penalty kills.....which ended up jolting the Cryers, especially in the last 5 minutes where they had much the better of the play. Murray did make a couple nice saves, but none were bigger than that sprawler in the last minute (which he played absolutely perfectly).

It would be nice if they actually tested Mason spmetime in the 2nd.......meanwhile t, Pierre is obviously off tonight in favor of Brian Boucher. I'm very surprised he's missing a Pens-Flyers game.....maybe it's weather/travel related.

Regardless, I know that alone has brightened your evening !!!! :cool2:
Has it ever! Lol...and no Milbury either? What did I do to deserve this? I don't mind McKenzie in doses...agreed, test Mason please, he is obviously entirely beatable...

Neutral zone turnover from an ill advised 'pass' by Cole and there we go...Settle down fellas...it is not the D suffering on these power plays imo...it is the F'n forwards! Given the opportunity and can't gain the zone worth a shit. Are they asleep? Cause they look it...

0-2, and getting worse as the game continues. Making nothing happen at all......fortunately, nobody in the League is better at giving away leads than the Cryers. But I haven't seen even a remotest glimmer of light thus far from the Guins; might need to score on a lucky bounce.

Sid, Geno, and Kessel all AWOL thus far......just PO's me they're giving the Cryers life.

0-2, and getting worse as the game continues. Making nothing happen at all......fortunately, nobody in the League is better at giving away leads than the Cryers. But I haven't seen even a remotest glimmer of light thus far from the Guins; might need to score on a lucky bounce.

Sid, Geno, and Kessel all AWOL thus far......just PO's me they're giving the Cryers life.
Yep...and Sully is right...you seen ANY action down low? I haven't!

They haven't gotten any pucks to the net......they keep shooting it wide when they get chances. I honestly think this game can turn around pretty quickly if they can find a way to score (well, before the Cryers make it 3-0).

Disgusting 40 minutes.....Flyers look like the team challenging for the Division lead, and Pens like the team playing out the string. I can deal with losing; I can't deal with a total lack of competitiveness.

It's almost like all the injuries finally caught up with them tonight......which doesn't explain why Sid, Geno, and Kessel never left the lockerroom.

Sundquist alone on Mason......and basically doesn't even take a shot.

Schultz deserved an assist on that Jerroo goal after that beautiful giveaway to Bellemare.....

File that one with the other uber-stinkers from earlier this year against Minnesota, Washington, and Columbus

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT