ADVERTISEMENT

Pens - - JAN 2018

Is Cole that much in the dog house?

Nobody seems to understand exactly what the story is with Cole, other than that it seems fairly clear to me that HCMS can't stand him anymore......I mean, even more than he can't stand Ryan Reaves.

Going to be very interesting to see what kind of FA contract he signs this summer. Won't surprise me at all to see him end up elsewhere in the Division; like New Jersey.

Non-Pens issue for a moment; did anyone hear that our good pal from the Blojax, Brandon Dubinsky, has been sent home by the team to see a doctor.....that he's reportedly dealing with some kind of personal issue(s)......and that his career might be in jeopardy ??

Non-Pens issue for a moment; did anyone hear that our good pal from the Blojax, Brandon Dubinsky, has been sent home by the team to see a doctor.....that he's reportedly dealing with some kind of personal issue(s)......and that his career might be in jeopardy ??

happened in vegas. probably got caught doing blow. meh.

big night in the division with everyone in action right before the break. with a win the pens can jump both the devils and flyers who are facing the predators and lightning respectively tonight.

Reactions: DocEER
preds and bolts each up 1 to 0.

could the pens be in second place at the all star break?

waking up tied with columbus for 2nd place at the all star break isn't too bad. especially considering the terrible start. going to be a fun ride the rest of the way.

rutherford in the media this morning talking about getting their third line center... mark letestu. jebus, talk about underwhelming.

I see where they reassigned JSD. I thought he played well in his 4 game stint in the league.

I believe I read the move was thought to have been driven by the ASG break; the team evidently wanted him to keep playing rather than sit for several days (plus he doesn't have to clear any kind of waivers at this point).

AMENDED 1/29/18 320PM EST -- AS OF THIS MORNING, JSD HAS BEEN RECALLED TO PITTSBURGH

Last edited:
If you were wondering, four teams in the League have three players among the Top 30 scorers:
  • Pens (Kessel #T3, Crosby #9, and Malkin #14)
  • PHL (Giroux #T5, Voracek #T7, and Courturier #T19)
  • NYI (Tavares #T5, Bailey #T11, and Barzal #T15)
  • DAL (Radulov #T22, Klingberg #24, and Benn #25). Not that anyone asked, but I thought Radulov was going to be a huge bust in Dallas.
Meanwhile, the Craps have only one in the Top 30 (Ovechkin #13) while two of the top three teams in the League right now.....TBL (Kucherov #1 and Stamkos #T3) and BOS (Marchand #18 and Pasternak #T28)...each only have two, while VGK only has Marchessault (#T29).

craps on friday and devils on saturday. hopefully the pens can keep it going.

Regarding ex-Penguins, I just read that Columbus acquired Jeff Zatkoff last week from LA for future considerations......which can't be much, since I don't think he's played a single game thus far this season. He was immediately assigned to AHL Cleveland, supposedly to take the place of injured (also ex-Pens) goalie Brad Thiessen.

I admit I was surprised GMJR didn't take a look at JT after the Niemi experiment crashed, and particularly after he traded for Michael Leighton.

I believe I read the move was thought to have been driven by the ASG break; the team evidently wanted him to keep playing rather than sit for several days (plus he doesn't have to clear any kind of waivers at this point).

AMENDED 1/29/18 320PM EST -- AS OF THIS MORNING, JSD HAS BEEN RECALLED TO PITTSBURGH

they recalled him.

Rusty Razor with a beautiful move in front of the net. 1-0 good guys.

Dirty play on Crosby. Wish we had Reaves there for protection.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT