ADVERTISEMENT

Pens -- JAN 2017

LOL! You can catch the 2nd half.
Indeed we can! Did I ever mention to you fellas how much of an asshat James Neal really is? SO HAPPY he is in another uniform and LOSING tonight....I know several who have played with him ...including my bud at this weekends tourney. His comment to his / now my teammate in Junior at a Subway one night after his first year NHL 'So do you want me to sign an autograph on your sandwich wrapper tonight?' Also drives his white Ferrari up to the golf club down the road extolling himself and his car to all the members. For the record no matter how all feel about Healy (member at same course) he disdains him greatly...says he has no filter and no personality whatsoever apparently ... FU NEAL! Eat your loss tonight! Although something tells me you dont care...rant over lol :wink:

Reactions: COOL MAN
Indeed we can! Did I ever mention to you fellas how much of an asshat James Neal really is? SO HAPPY he is in another uniform and LOSING tonight....I know several who have played with him ...including my bud at this weekends tourney. His comment to his / now my teammate in Junior at a Subway one night after his first year NHL 'So do you want me to sign an autograph on your sandwich wrapper tonight?' Also drives his white Ferrari up to the golf club down the road extolling himself and his car to all the members. For the record no matter how all feel about Healy (member at same course) he disdains him greatly...says he has no filter and no personality whatsoever apparently ... FU NEAL! Eat your loss tonight! Although something tells me you dont care...rant over lol :wink:

Oh, I remember so distinctly Neal's profile on the Penguins' "In the Room" show when they showed his teammates (Dupuis especially) making such a federal case as to how badly he was obsessed with his hair. Supposedly, Neal never (or at least seldom) washed his hair because he thought shampooing washed out the oil and therefore contributed to baldness. Apparently, that was/is a fate worse than death in his mind.

Anyway, Neal (IMO) never did much in his Pittsburgh days to dissuade the notion he was an asshole. And then came the coup de gras which jump-started his exit from Pittsburgh when he kneed Brad Marchand in the head (in that infamous Thornton vs Orpik game against the Bruins) and turned Ratface into a friggin' sympathetic figure. To this day, I'd swear to Gawd that simply wasn't possible.

Anyway, it's reasonably clear that trading for Neal has been a good deal for Nashville (though something tells me he might have been the most pissed-off guy in Nashville after the Subban trade). Happily, Horndog's role in the Cup win certainly has evened up the deal to a pretty significant extent. I don't think either team misses the guy they dealt.

Meanwhile, I was looking at the postgame stats (had to listen to the game on XM because there was no telecast in my Charleston hotel tonight). That Jason Mackey piece talked about the Pens' well-chronicled problems with faceoffs; and coming on its heels, here were the Pens faceoff stats versus Nashville:
  • Bonino -- 6 wins, 10 losses
  • Sid -- 14 wins, 18 losses
  • Fehr -- 1 win, 7 losses
  • Rowney -- 3 wins, 7 losses
What makes these stats so much more difficult to reconcile is they don't include the Pens worst faceoff guy (Geno).

Reactions: torontoeers
Oh, I remember so distinctly Neal's profile on the Penguins' "In the Room" show when they showed his teammates (Dupuis especially) making such a federal case as to how badly he was obsessed with his hair. Supposedly, Neal never (or at least seldom) washed his hair because he thought shampooing washed out the oil and therefore contributed to baldness. Apparently, that was/is a fate worse than death in his mind.

Anyway, Neal (IMO) never did much in his Pittsburgh days to dissuade the notion he was an asshole. And then came the coup de gras which jump-started his exit from Pittsburgh when he kneed Brad Marchand in the head (in that infamous Thornton vs Orpik game against the Bruins) and turned Ratface into a friggin' sympathetic figure. To this day, I'd swear to Gawd that simply wasn't possible.

Anyway, it's reasonably clear that trading for Neal has been a good deal for Nashville (though something tells me he might have been the most pissed-off guy in Nashville after the Subban trade). Happily, Horndog's role in the Cup win certainly has evened up the deal to a pretty significant extent. I don't think either team misses the guy they dealt.

Meanwhile, I was looking at the postgame stats (had to listen to the game on XM because there was no telecast in my Charleston hotel tonight). That Jason Mackey piece talked about the Pens' well-chronicled problems with faceoffs; and coming on its heels, here were the Pens faceoff stats versus Nashville:
  • Bonino -- 6 wins, 10 losses
  • Sid -- 14 wins, 18 losses
  • Fehr -- 1 win, 7 losses
  • Rowney -- 3 wins, 7 losses
What makes these stats so much more difficult to reconcile is they don't include the Pens worst faceoff guy (Geno).
WOW! Those stats are abysmal! And lmao re Neal's hair....Bwahahahaha [roll]

ADVERTISEMENT