ADVERTISEMENT

Pens -- FEB 2018

I think there will be another expansion draft in a few years.

And the smart money is......for now, at least.....it'll mirror the format of the Vegas draft.

Will be interesting to see if the League stands for it.....at least it'll give the Pens an opportunity to unload Hornqvist :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: Irwineer2
Who said that lol? You (and I ) had no idea cause it didn't happen! He grew up in the W with (I think) Saskatoon?
Gary Green was at one point the coach/GM of the Petes...back in the day.

I think it was Marc Savard who made the comment about Mike Green being a Pete; guess he's never gotten back his memory after Matt Cooke did that number on his skull (and I'm not joking about that). Maybe he was confusing Gary Green with Mike Green.

Reactions: torontoeers
I think it was Marc Savard who made the comment about Mike Green being a Pete; guess he's never gotten back his memory after Matt Cooke did that number on his skull (and I'm not joking about that). Maybe he was confusing Gary Green with Mike Green.
Oh I'd definitely excuse him for that...man he must of spent a few years in a dark room...

And the smart money is......for now, at least.....it'll mirror the format of the Vegas draft.

Will be interesting to see if the League stands for it.....at least it'll give the Pens an opportunity to unload Hornqvist :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Imo they've gotta bring in 2 this time , it is at least one way to make it fair. I realize these franchise fees are high but McPhee (and I give him cred for what he has done) had ZERO competition in terms of another team to go up against let alone the fact the players allowed protected were less per team so far as I remember?

To change the subject for a moment.....while the Cryers (with one game still in hand) are tied with the Pens for 2nd place a point behind the Craps, the Pens currently lead the Metro in the ROW columm (Pens 36, Craps 35, Cryers 33.....plus NJD 32, Blojax 31), meaning they hold the tie-breaker over everyone. Of course, with 20 games to play, that's obviously subject to change.

This week's schedule:
  • PIT -- NJD, at BOS, NYI
  • WAS -- at CBJ (tonight), OTT, TOR
  • PHL -- at MTL (tonight), CAR, at TBL
  • NJD -- at PIT, at FLA, at CAR
  • COL -- WAS (tonight), at LAK, at ANA
Must get points on BOTH those home games, and preferably on the road too...

Bolts, Bolts , BOLTS!!! McDonaugh is better than Bobby Orr, Paul Coffey and Raymond Bourque combined! The Lightning have to be the definitive Cup favourites now! Leaves, Leaves , Leaves!!! Plekanic is the penultimate giant killer! That game last night was the best two teams in the league! We're all VERY SORRY now for giving them Kapanen!!!

*NEWSFLASH*
Have you freakin MORONS , anywhere outside The Burgh been paying attention for the last two f'n years?!? Somebody give me some duct tape to shut their mouths, toothpicks to force their eyelids open or lastly a hammer to smash their fingers!!! Holy shit man....the majority of the hockey world and it's fans are completely obtuse!!!
Rant over....for now....

EDIT: to help me and maybe some of you cool the jets for a minute...I think it was MacLean I heard at noon today (not sure my head was spinning so fast from Bolt, Bruin, Leaf love)...'Tampa? You guys are hilarious sometimes. Did anyone here bother to notice The Stanley Cup Champions now have the best #1 Centre , the best #2 Centre and the best #3 Centre in the league? I don't care who Tampa has on the backend or if Plekanic can shut down Sid! When you play the Penguins you are gonna spend even more time in your own end as of today! Solid as a rock up the middle with great wings! Gimmie a break'....there! A voice of reason! Still shaking my head however. Unreal.

Last edited:
anyone see the replay of the desmith save on the 2 on 1? looked like it hit his blocker then the shaft of the stick above the blocker before going over the top of the bar. if it didn't hit the shaft it was going in.

Big one tonight boys!

DeSmith tonight! Hope he takes over the backup goalie spot.
I like em both...DeSmith seems a bit more athletic to me and Jarry more of a blocker. I'd love to see both competeing for the spot, but not playing too much...need the big guy back obviously and pronto imo. I continue to worry about MM health...this time a puck to the melon? Geez man...apparently Olli felt pretty bad about the shot but what are ya gonna do ? Go extra light on the guy? Nope, needs to stay sharp. Just one of those things...arrgggh....

Reactions: DocEER
double m will be fine.

I fvcking love it when people doubt him. he always shuts em up.

I DO NOT DOUBT HIM, ...let's make that clear. If that is where you were going not sure...I do worry bout him staying healthy, which now that we have no Flower is justified I believe....

wasn't going there at all. but have heard lots of other fluery fellators carrying on this season.

edit: I'm not calling you a fluery fellator either.

Four point game puts the Devils right back in the discussion for top 3 in the Metro, while the Pens......excited just the other day about being in 1st place.......are all of a sudden just a game out of the Wild Card.

Hate to say it, but the Devils deserved the win; seemed pretty clear to me they thought they could outskate the Pens, and (IMO) they proved it. Meanwhile, the Kincaid kid continues to have the Pens' number (though I didn't think they had many Grade A chances)........as for DeSmith, I thought he looked failry good all things considered (but was awful on the game losing goal).

Amazing how quickly things have soured (at least, comparatively speaking).....

Just wondering; what are everyone's personal expectations for Brassard ??

Just wondering; what are everyone's personal expectations for Brassard ??

I'm excited to see how things look when he settles in and is comfortable. btw how bad was sharey on the wing with them last night. he couldn't keep the puck on his stick...

On another note, did you read dk today? talked about how they are going to roll the top 3 lines hard... could be on to something.

just as the nhl adapts to the pens, they change the game again...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT