ADVERTISEMENT

Pens -- DEC 2021

I'm going to come out and say it. this team is better without 71. period.
Is anyone who's followed this team for any length of time really surprised about that ?? Still can't figure out what Fenway will do with him in the off-season......

Anyone surprised the League actually had the guts to suspend Rat for 6 games ?? Most of the Eddie Shore/old-time-hockey media seemed to think the whole thing was much ado about nothing.; you know, the "it may have been stoopid, but this IS Marchand we're talking about, after all".....

Meanwhile, I'm still wondering what those same yahoos would be saying if, say, someone like ZAR did the same thing to, say, Tuukka Rask......

Goin' downhill rapidly......don't know what they can do to turn things around other than hope/pray the current roster starts "playing better". I mean, who's attractive-enough trade bait on this team right now to help them bring in the kind of help they need ??

Wondering if this slide is finally signaling to Management that the recent.....though getting farther in the rearview mirror by the day......winning streak really was a mirage, and this team really isn't remotely as good as everyone hoped. Still a fair amount of season to go, but still.....

I mean, how long could this team really count on Evan Rodrigues (and to a lesser extent, Marcus Pettersson) to play like all-stars.....for Jarry (who's hardly the reason for the slide) to play like he's Marty Brodeur reincarnated in his prime ......and for guys like Danton Heinen and Brock McGinn to keep producing every night like Top 6 forwards ?? Of course, that's all before the abortions that Casey DeSmith, Johhny Marino, ZAR......and of course, KK..... have become. Hell, even Carter seems to have people wondering all of a sudden why he was extended.

All I know personally is that i want no part of this team sacrificing their #1 or #2 draft choices in order to help them win (maybe) one playoff round. Happily, that's not Hexy's m.o; and without Mario calling the lead shots anymore, I doubt he'll make a short-term decision at the risk of compromising the reason he got hired in the first place

Goin' downhill rapidly......don't know what they can do to turn things around other than hope/pray the current roster starts "playing better". I mean, who's attractive-enough trade bait on this team right now to help them bring in the kind of help they need ??

Wondering if this slide is finally signaling to Management that the recent.....though getting farther in the rearview mirror by the day......winning streak really was a mirage, and this team really isn't remotely as good as everyone hoped. Still a fair amount of season to go, but still.....

I mean, how long could this team really count on Evan Rodrigues (and to a lesser extent, Marcus Pettersson) to play like all-stars.....for Jarry (who's hardly the reason for the slide) to play like he's Marty Brodeur reincarnated in his prime ......and for guys like Danton Heinen and Brock McGinn to keep producing every night like Top 6 forwards ?? Of course, that's all before the abortions that Casey DeSmith, Johhny Marino, ZAR......and of course, KK..... have become. Hell, even Carter seems to have people wondering all of a sudden why he was extended.

All I know personally is that i want no part of this team sacrificing their #1 or #2 draft choices in order to help them win (maybe) one playoff round. Happily, that's not Hexy's m.o; and without Mario calling the lead shots anymore, I doubt he'll make a short-term decision at the risk of compromising the reason he got hired in the first place

just a slump right now.

I'm more concerned about the lack of structure than individual players.

this team will bring that "a" game back. guaranteed.

If you didn't realize this......and I didn't....DeSmith is 5-0-1 in his last 6 starts.

Good time for him to start coming around given their schedule in March; 14 games (with 3 back-to-backers) including at TBL, A/H vs CAR, FLA, VGK, at STL, at NSH, H/A vs NYR, and at MIN

If you didn't realize this......and I didn't....DeSmith is 5-0-1 in his last 6 starts.

Good time for him to start coming around given their schedule in March; 14 games (with 3 back-to-backers) including at TBL, A/H vs CAR, FLA, VGK, at STL, at NSH, H/A vs NYR, and at MIN
huge games this month. its almost time to start talking playoff matchups.

double m wrote an article today about how this team seems stale and needs a big trade...

is there a hockey trade available? idk unless you've already talked to geno about an extension. otherwise they don't have much to trade but zucker.

maybe po joeseph. nothing else but picks.

Reactions: COOL MAN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT