ADVERTISEMENT

Pens - - DEC 2018

I'm going to bed.
Before you do...just another night at Irwin's house...:wink:
45CC852300000578-5028513-image-a-2_1509273184030.jpg

Reactions: Irwineer2
Finally, joining you knuckleheads from Lansing MI with no TV....so it's Lange and 2-Niner for me just in time for the Avs SHG. They're saying none of the three Avs goals were DeSmith's fault; in fact, they think he's playing an excellent game.

Agree or disagree ??

Reactions: torontoeers
Finally, joining you knuckleheads from Lansing MI with no TV....so it's Lange and 2-Niner for me just in time for the Avs SHG. They're saying none of the three Avs goals were DeSmith's fault; in fact, they think he's playing an excellent game.

Agree or disagree ??
Agree 100%...Lansing eh? This seems to be one of your regular stops no? At least not too far from home...you drive in this scenario or fly? What's it bout 4-5 hrs drive? As I type Horny misses on the breakaway...arrghh...

Agree or disagree ??
And after a rather dreadful stretch there quite a few chances with nothing to show. As per DeSmith, he's done all that can be asked for the most part of late...and it is beyond affirmative that MM ain't getting his job back anytime soon...
Could this be a good thing in the sense that if Murray applies himself and takes it as he SHOULD, that we have a possibilty of a Flower/Murray type scenario here? They both compete tooth and nail for the cage? This is the ideal scenario that I think we all want! I just hope (know) the Newf Dogs comfort poor Matty....:wink:

Reactions: COOL MAN
Agree 100%...Lansing eh? This seems to be one of your regular stops no? At least not too far from home...you drive in this scenario or fly? What's it bout 4-5 hrs drive? As I type Horny misses on the breakaway...arrghh...

Had to pick up an associate at DTW before arriving here; in one direct trip, it's about 300 miles (< 5 hours) from home, which I always drive. FWIW, no potential for a nonstop flight to LAN out of either CVG or DAY, and it's not worth the additional expense (and comparative hassle) of flying to DTW and renting a car anyway.

I have a good customer north of Lansing who I see every 4-6 weeks, which will be coming to an end......we just learned last week of a major re-org of our business, and I'm going to be transitioning to a new assignment which is national in scope. So, I'm going to start using airports again whether or not I like it.

And after a rather dreadful stretch there quite a few chances with nothing to show. As per DeSmith, he's done all that can be asked for the most part of late...and it is beyond affirmative that MM ain't getting his job back anytime soon...
Could this be a good thing in the sense that if Murray applies himself and takes it as he SHOULD, that we have a possibilty of a Flower/Murray type scenario here? They both compete tooth and nail for the cage? This is the ideal scenario that I think we all want! I just hope (know) the Newf Dogs comfort poor Matty....:wink:

Not saying your assessment on the current derby between CDM and MM is incorrect, but it honestly won't surprise me if Murray is back in the cage as soon as he's deemed to be physically ready to play. Of course, that may be a lousy decision......

The fastest hat trick in Pens history....you earned it Horndog!!! Man he got a fire lit under him after being taken out before the first goal on what shoulda been a penalty. Damn!!!

Petterson did look pretty good tonight in 13 mins after flyin back and forth across the US...and lord knows we needed some D.
Casey with a solid outing, Horndog with a helluva effort....when are we gonna see an effort like this vs the hottest team in the league against a METRO FOE???
In saying this...how you guys feel about Jack back there on D? I think he's looked pretty good all told , especially with the big freakout sessions we all saw from the Facebook and Twitter coaches when he was signed....
Metro game on Thurs eve vs Isles WIN IT. I'll likely see bout half of it as I'll be off to Antigua Fri AM for our 13th anniversary trip...doing some diving, beaching, and yes...a bit of drinking. I'll be checkin in with you guys for a week to hear how damn well we are doing!!!

also sprong scores on his second shift with the ducks

I hate what this franchise has been doing to younger players.

huge game tonight boys, where you at?
I've had it on as the wife bitches about getting HERSELF ready for vacation, seeing as I've managed all else smh...

But...are they gettin it? Dare I say they are starting to get it now? Bottom 6 chippin in finally, top guns are WORKING. D looks pretty good, goaltending not really tested but solid....hmmmm?
This a Metro team we playin too?!? Wow...

Reactions: Irwineer2
I've had it on as the wife bitches about getting HERSELF ready for vacation, seeing as I've managed all else smh...

But...are they gettin it? Dare I say they are starting to get it now? Bottom 6 chippin in finally, top guns are WORKING. D looks pretty good, goaltending not really tested but solid....hmmmm?
This a Metro team we playin too?!? Wow...

Where did this jump come from? Really dominated the game minus the shortie against

Thanks to the League's dumbest (sometime) player for leaving the bench too early and causing the too-many-men penalty leading to the Sens game-winning PPG.

Thanks to the League's dumbest (sometime) player for leaving the bench too early and causing the too-many-men penalty leading to the Sens game-winning PPG.

Is has to be in to bottom 2-3 on the leagues IQ scale

At least he faced the press.....and took the heat......iin the post game; but that's the second such penalty he's taken this season. I'd be curious how many teams in the League have a single player who have drawn this call ONCE at anytime before, let alone TWICE in the same HALF season.

I was talking to my brother during the islander game and complaining about all the pretty passing plays that were working. I hate to see those low probability passes turned into goals because it feeds more of that same crap. And as expected, we see the Pens pass up (brassard and letang) great scoring chances for a high risk pass that yields nothing. I know that stuff is embedded in the DNA of the team lordy a shot from 20 feet on the slot is a pretty good scoring chance for most NHL players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT