ADVERTISEMENT

Partcipation bowls for all!

Are they all created equal in your mind? Were WVU's 3 BCS bowl games on the same level as WVU's last 2 bowl games for you? Would you be equally excited to watch 10-2 SEC team play an 11-2 ACC runner up as watching a 7-5 Big 10 play a 6-6 PAC-12 team? For many of us a game like the 2007 Fiesta bowl, while not the NC championship game, was much more exciting than watching a shoot out against some 6-6 Arizona State squad.
Just Keaton talking out of both sides of his ass.

There are times when I think he actually forgets what point he is trying to make along the way.

Just Keaton talking out of both sides of his ass.

There are times when I think he actually forgets what point he is trying to make along the way.

Not sure why y’all are talking about the BCS.......A now extinct system. We are in the present and that is the playoffs

Get in the Playoffs or play a meaningless bowl game

But the fact remains that if WVU is 5-7 or 6-6 and there’s a chance I can watch WVU football one more time.... then I’m pumped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil
Not sure why y’all are talking about the BCS.......A now extinct system. We are in the present and that is the playoffs

Get in the Playoffs or play a meaningless bowl game

But the fact remains that if WVU is 5-7 or 6-6 and there’s a chance I can watch WVU football one more time.... then I’m pumped.

Equally pumped for a 6-6 WVU squad vs 6-6 Utah in some December 20ish bowl and a 10-2 WVU squad vs say a 10-2 Ohio State in a New Year's day non playoff bowl? Wins are equal in stature?

Reactions: countryroads89
Y’all look for reasons to be piss babies....

An extra game is an extra game

And once the season ends, no one remembers a season that was 7-6 any more or less than a 10-3 or 9-4 season.

If it makes money, it should happen for one reason.... football is a REVENUE sport

And once the season ends, no one remembers a season that was 7-6 any more or less than a 10-3 or 9-4 season

And that is exactly why WVU doesn't get any better than middle of the pack. I hope you were just kidding. If not, your bulb is getting really dull. lol

Cannot believe that the NCAA is about to increase the number of bowl games to 43! There are already teams with 6-6 or losing records getting the extra game....with virtually no attendance. And now, the brilliant minds at the NCAA are adding three more? Of course there will be those who laud the season's results and a birth in a no nothing bowl as proof of the strength of the program. Playing in a bowl game is fast becoming an embarrassment instead of an accomplishment.

This idiotic move by the NCAA will increase the total number of postseason games to 43, including the Playoff National Championship. So now 65% of the teams in the P5 will end up in a bowl no matter how they do in the regular season.

But you got to be excited since one of the new games will be in Chicago, outside, in December!!

They make money off television advertisements, not attendance. I’m guessing if they are adding three more bowl games, they will make more money off those three games.

Secondly, if you ever actually played football, you would know, as a student athlete, if you went 6-6, or hell, even 5-7, you would be excited about getting to play another game and getting more practice time to potentially improve for next year.

Y’all look for reasons to be piss babies....

An extra game is an extra game

And once the season ends, no one remembers a season that was 7-6 any more or less than a 10-3 or 9-4 season.

If it makes money, it should happen for one reason.... football is a REVENUE sport

My questions are based upon your previous comment in how you cant understand how some football fans are not in favor of extra bowl games. My point is if you aren't equally pumped for all WVU bowl games, then I think you can understand how some fans are not excited for extra lower tier bowls that pit below average teams against one another. As to your previous comment about why bring up BCS bowls, I bring them up because by your logic that all bowls not the playoff are the same then all bowls not the MNC game before the playoff were the same. I some how doubt you felt the same about the quality of the team/game between the Continental Tire bowl and the Sugar bowl.

Last edited:
And that is exactly why WVU doesn't get any better than middle of the pack. I hope you were just kidding. If not, your bulb is getting really dull. lol

This is a real life post, lol

“The team ain’t got better cause dem fans don’t cherish the 9 win seasons!”

Trying to argue that because fans enjoy average seasons just as much as above average ones is causing some kind of negative impact on the actual program is really ****ing stupid

Last edited:
Trying to argue that because fans enjoy average seasons just as much as above average ones is causing some kind of negative impact on the actual program is really ****ing stupid

Glad to notice that I got your attention. BTW: how do you define above average seasons? I mean, with DH, we all understand average lol. You are too much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT