ADVERTISEMENT

Our time will come after TCU game

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
It’s easy to see why WVU is not ranked in the top 25 … yet.

Close game against #13 Virginia Tech cannot be dissed.

But two victories came against teams with NO wins against Power-5 or even Group of 5 teams.

The Kansas game won’t help either. The Jayhawks have lost TWO games to Mid-American Conference teams (Group of 5) while winning against a school that is neither Power 5 nor Group of 5.

TCU and Texas Tech follow the Kansas game.

TCU beat Jackson State, 63-0; Arkansas, 28-7; and SMU, 56-36. If Grier, Simms, Stills and Crawford can easily beat the Horny Frogs, then the top 25 ranking will follow.

Texas Tech beat Eastern Washington, 26-10; and Arizona State, 52-45. Not as impressive as TCU beating Arkansas, but better by far than East Carolina and Delaware State.

#13 Virginia Tech is 3-0.

Won 31-24 over West Virginia.

Won 27-0 over Delaware.

Won 64-17 over East Carolina.

East Carolina is 0-3.

Lost 34-14 to James Madison.

Lost 56-20 to West Virginia.

Lost 64-17 to Virginia Tech.

Delaware State is 0-3, has a 14-game losing streak and has lost 24 out of its last 25 games.

Lost 22-3 to Delaware.

Lost 28-15 to Hampton.

Lost 59-17 to West Virginia, which had its starters out of uniform and in street clothes before the game ended.

Kansas is 1-2.

Beat Southeast Missouri, 38-16.

Lost to Central Michigan, 45-27.

Lost to Ohio University, 42-30.

M angy special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 31-24

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20

U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16

N apalm Kansas

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Iowa State

E rectile dysfunction Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

If WVU wins out from here they will be in top 6 and very well positioned for the 4th playoff slot. It they don't then what difference does being ranked 23rd today make. Patience!
I agree 1,000%. That's why I said, our time will come later. If you win they will invite you. If you're Ohio State and you lose, they'll invite you anyway. Life isn't fair; neither is the selection committee.

M angy special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia
Tech, 31-24

N apalm Kansas

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E rectile dysfunction Iowa State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

I agree 1,000%. That's why I said, our time will come later. If you win they will invite you. If you're Ohio State and you lose, they'll invite you anyway. Life isn't fair; neither is the selection committee.

Tech, 31-24

N apalm Kansas

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

True but the ticket, as Penn State found out, is not to loose twice.

I'm going to disagree, Cuyahoga (respectfully of course). I think we crack both polls this week.....probably 23-25. What say you?

I'm going to disagree, Cuyahoga (respectfully of course). I think we crack both polls this week.....probably 23-25. What say you?
I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I don't think whipping Kansas will do any more than trampling East Carolina and Delaware State. Regardless, the TCU and Texas Tech games will solidify favorable national opinion about the Mountaineers if Grier, Simms, Stills and Crawford and Tony Gibson's defensive skills can be as brilliant as I think they can be.

N apalm Kansas

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

I agree with dbolt4wvu. It's not really that beating Kansas that will put us in the Top 25. I think we would have been there this last week, if a couple of things did not happen, i.e. Miss State destroying LSU or Utah putting up some points (50+) on San Jose. Something will probably happen this weekend (or next) in the lower part of the top 25, which will put us in. Maybe Arizona will knock off the Utes - maybe Air Force will beat San Diego State - heck maybe Temple will hand the Bulls their first loss - odd things happen, it is college football after all.

Reactions: dbolt4wvu
I agree with dbolt4wvu. It's not really that beating Kansas that will put us in the Top 25. I think we would have been there this last week, if a couple of things did not happen, i.e. Miss State destroying LSU or Utah putting up some points (50+) on San Jose. Something will probably happen this weekend (or next) in the lower part of the top 25, which will put us in. Maybe Arizona will knock off the Utes - maybe Air Force will beat San Diego State - heck maybe Temple will hand the Bulls their first loss - odd things happen, it is college football after all.
Maybe, maybe not. But if WVU keeps rolling through TCU and Texas Tech then the Mountaineers will climb in the ratings, that's for sure. We can only hope.

I do believe. I do!

Tech, 31-24

N apalm Kansas

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Which, not to derail the thread but, Cuyahoga, did you come over here after the scout board essentially closed?

Oh okay. I wasn't sure. I used to see you over there. I came back here after everything. I think we actually know each other. I might be thinking of someone else though. Were you ever on twitter?

Last edited:
Oh okay. I wasn't sure. I used to see you over there. I came back here after everything. I think we actually know each other. I might be thinking of someone else though. Were you ever on twitter?
There was a James DeBolt at Monongah High who used to clean my clock in our stick of chewing gums bets over football and basketball games. Since you are dbolt4wvu and I am jo4wvu, could it be the same DeBolt who whipped my butt during our high school betting days?

N apalm Kansas

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

I'm afraid not. The reason I ask about twitter is because I had a follower that I was pretty good friends with that lived in Ohio and used to be a sports writer.

I'm afraid not. The reason I ask about twitter is because I had a follower that I was pretty good friends with that lived in Ohio and used to be a sports writer.
Well, I live in Ohio and I used to be a sportswriter but, since you aren't James DeBolt, I don't have to worry about you beating me up because I didn't pay up on all the sticks of chewing gum I lost.

Tech, 31-24

N apalm Kansas

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

I was right for a change. Think I'll just relish this feeling for a little....it might be a long while before I have it again. :p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT