ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Coaches probably moving on

The rumors in Columbus were that Herman was Zach Smith's strip club buddy, and that Herman used his knowledge of Smith's bad behavior to screw Meyer. This makes sense because Meyer was taking blue-chip recruits out of Herman's back yard, and Herman wrongly thought that Ohio State would be unable to mine gold in Texas, without Meyer. Much to my surprise, Day is doing even better in recruiting Texas than Meyer had done.
That would explain why Urban jabs at the Texas program whenever the opportunity presents itself during the Fox pregame and between game shows.

The rumors in Columbus were that Herman was Zach Smith's strip club buddy, and that Herman used his knowledge of Smith's bad behavior to screw Meyer. This makes sense because Meyer was taking blue-chip recruits out of Herman's back yard, and Herman wrongly thought that Ohio State would be unable to mine gold in Texas, without Meyer. Much to my surprise, Day is doing even better in recruiting Texas than Meyer had done.

Reason Texas is taking a bath when it comes to losing recruits from Texas. Many Texas players are also leaving for SEC since Texas A&M and Missouri joined SEC. So many teams and conferences are now cutting into that Texas pie leaving Texas with table scraps and poor coaches. With all that money you would think Texas could hire a name brand coach.

Reason Texas is taking a bath when it comes to losing recruits from Texas. Many Texas players are also leaving for SEC since Texas A&M and Missouri joined SEC. So many teams and conferences are now cutting into that Texas pie leaving Texas with table scraps and poor coaches. With all that money you would think Texas could hire a name brand coach.
Texas has the 'woke culture' down in Austin, which makes people soft. Same thing is happening in Ann Arbor, and Harbaugh is the leader of the soft 'woke culture'. Sad to watch.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
That would explain why Urban jabs at the Texas program whenever the opportunity presents itself during the Fox pregame and between game shows.
Yes, it does. The consensus was that Herman was the "deep throat," who told Brett McMurphy about Zach Smith's bad behavior. McMurphy was the reporter who broke the story, and made it his personal mission to see that Meyer get punished for having retained an alleged spousal abuser on his coaching staff.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Urban Meyer doesn't care about Ohio State as much as people think.

He is campaigning for Cincinnati to be in the CFP and not Ohio State.

Where his loyalties are is often confused

Some people around Ohio State want it to be with them but doesn't look like that is the case.

Who cares, Chris? Urban Meyer won the first CFP National Championship as the head coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes, so he'll always be appreciated by OSU fans, no matter what nonsense you post. Cincinnati is his alma mater, and his son plays baseball there, so he should support the Bearcats. Unlike you, the Marshall alum, Meyer isn't a turncoat. He also still loves Florida, even though the Gators' fan base has thrown hissy fits ever since he left Gainesville.

Yes, it does. The consensus was that Herman was the "deep throat," who told Brett McMurphy about Zach Smith's bad behavior. McMurphy was the reporter who broke the story, and made it his personal mission to see that Meyer get punished for having retained an alleged spousal abuser on his coaching staff.

In the aftermath Smith went scorched-earth and let it be known what a lowlife Herman was...honestly I thought that was the beginning of the end for him (Herman).

Herman is a sleaze...

Oh, now you've done it, Darth. The fake Texass fan will throw a tantrum very soon.

Rumor is Urban going to be wearing an orange tie tomorrow
Coming from people who work at FOX television center

Reggie Bush slammed Cincinnati's schedule, and said that playing no ranked teams would keep the Bearcats out of the CFP...and Urban didn't say a word. TVZ is a very bad troll, and an embarrassment to frauds everywhere.

the Mullet blew it vs TCU. I don’t see how he can stay there.
2-14 vs Oklahoma and his teams ain’t good. How many years do you give a guy? They had bad calls vs Texas but there’s a limit to how long even a former qb turned HBC can get!

TCU has NFL talent.
They can beat a lot of teams who are supposedly better than them.

Every team has a ceiling even if they aren't always showing it in games.

Who can recruit better than Gundy. They need more talent in there.
Not always the coach on the field.

OSU picked to battle for conference every year. Every year they choke on said prediction. This is why I bleive WVU should never finish lower than 4th and majority of the time 3rd and compete for title every so often.

It's time Neal started showing some fruits of his labor next year.

People say Gundy is a lazy recruiter
I have no idea.

They have brought some talent in there but not enough.

The issue isn't always "coaching" This may be the case at Okie Lite
Reason why Mike Holder called out Gundy a few years ago. He believes Okie Lite should recruit to a Top 20 level or af least talent wise

You do know that Meyer is the one spreading the CJ Hicks to Cincinnati rumor
You've set a new standard for being the worst troll on the Internet. Nothing you post will ever nullify Meyer's incredible accomplishments at Ohio State. Move along.

Shane Beamer got the USC job. “Wakeyleaks” didn’t hurt him there.

I don’t see why anyone hires a P5 HC with no HBC experience or even coordinator experience. I know someone will point out Dabo Sweeney but for every Dabo there’s a Gerry Faust. And if by chance he’s successful, how long before he had me to his Alma Mata VPI?

A Kevin Sumlin led Arizona team just lost 70-7 at home to their instate rival Arizona State. Yeah 70-7 at home to your rival. I think he’s lost 12 straight. How can they keep him?

Shane Beamer got the USC job. “Wakeyleaks” didn’t hurt him there.

I don’t see why anyone hires a P5 HC with no HBC experience or even coordinator experience. I know someone will point out Dabo Sweeney but for every Dabo there’s a Gerry Faust. And if by chance he’s successful, how long before he had me to his Alma Mata VPI?

Every Head Coach starts out as an assistant somewhere.

Greggy trying to talk football.

Log onto your herd account. Do a much better job trying to talk football on there

Every Head Coach starts out as an assistant somewhere.
No not always. And in those cases, how many HBCs start out at the P5 level? I think his last name (Frank’s Boy) helped him. Well that and Ray Tanner has proven he doesn’t know how to hire a HBC in football (see Musschamp).

I’m not a fan of Beamer over WakeyLeaks. Him and Galloway broke “man law” there. There’s cheating (which everyone is doing) and then there’s flat out I’m a scumbag cheater.

Last edited:
*Kevin Sumlin was Fired.
*Tom Herman told he’s not fired??????
*Dana has to feeling the HEAT. They fired Applewhite who won 9 games in his last year. Dan hasn’t won 9 games in 2 years.
*Scott Frost ain’t as good record wise as his predecessor Mike Riley who was fired after 3 seasons.

*Sgt Carder I mean Butch Jones hired at Arkansas State.

Last edited:
As for the rumors that Neal Brown is being considered as South Carolina's new coach: Sporting News doesn't even list Neal among the 9 or so candidates.

South Carolina head coaching candidates
Billy Napier, Louisiana coach
Napier is an excellent fit. He played quarterback at Furman and was an assistant at Clemson from 2006-10. His experience as an assistant under Nick Saban at Alabama makes him even more intriguing, not to mention his track record at Louisiana (25-11) the past three seasons. This year, the Ragin' Cajuns are 7-1 and ranked No. 24 in The Associated Press Top 25. He has to be considered the leading candidate for the job.

Hugh Freeze, Liberty coach
Yep, the Freeze watch is on again in the SEC. Freeze is 16-5 the past two seasons at Liberty and he has not lost his touch as a brilliant offensive mind. Freeze also had an excellent track record — on the field — at Ole Miss from 2012-16. Of course, 27 of his 39 victories were vacated by the NCAA. Freeze deserves a second chance in the SEC. Is the conference ready to provide that opportunity?

Brent Venables, Clemson defensive coordinator
Would South Carolina dare go after their biggest rival’s longtime defensive coordinator? Venables has been with the Tigers since 2012, and the 49-year-old has yet to entertain taking on a head coaching job. The Tigers have won six in a row against the Gamecocks, but this is the kind of aggressive hire that might be worth taking a chance on given how many coaching searches Venables' name might turn up in this offseason. The chances here are slim, but it would be the most entertaining hire on this list.

Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina coach
Chadwell has quickly worked his way up the coaching ladder through the Palmetto State. He started at North Greenville in Division II and Charleston Southern in the FCS, but the real breakthrough has come with Coastal Carolina this year. The Chanticleers are 7-0 in Chadwell's third season, and they have done it with an offense that averages 37.9 points per game.

Steve Sarkisian, Alabama offensive coordinator
Sarkisian has head-coaching experience at two major programs in Washington and USC, and he compiled a 46-35 record. Sarkisian has revived his career with a stint as Alabama's offensive coordinator that is not all that different from what Lane Kiffin did before him. Sarkisian could parlay that offensive creativity into a third head coaching job, and the expectations might not be quite as high as they were at his last two stops. It could work.

Will Healy, Charlotte coach
Healy is one of the under-the-radar candidates in this search. He's 9-9 the last two seasons at Charlotte, but the 49ers are still new to the FBS stage. He knows the recruiting terrain within the Carolina borders, and at 35 he would be the most youthful hire. South Carolina might not ready to take this gamble, but he's a name to watch if some of the other options take a pass.

Joe Brady, Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator
Brady's work with Joe Burrow at LSU produced one of the greatest offensive seasons of all time, but the move to the NFL after just one season in Baton Rouge suggests he might not be ready to come back to the college game. South Carolina might have to overpay to get Brady, who does not have FBS head-coaching experience. He's still a hot name, however, so he's worth a look
Someone forgot Beamer.....

Gus gone from Auburn. I guess Neal will be the new rumor.
And Mike Gundy can go 2-14 vs Oklahoma and keep his job. Yet Gus who went 3-5 vs Saban got fired?????

Gus will be a hot commodity. His issues were his instate rival is coached by the Greatest College Coach EVER and he still has to play UGA, LSU, and A&M every season. If I were an AD in the Big XII, SEC, B1G or ACC with a questionable or unproven coach at a respectable program, I’d hire him as fast as I could. There’s not a tougher division over the last 8 seasons than the SEC West. Jimmy Sexton will play this out like never before. I wouldn’t be shocked if Hugh Freeze (another Jimmy Sexton client) isn’t havIng Sexton negotiate withAuburn right now

Last edited:
Only guys with 77-38 (46-28) get fired from SEC teams. Wonder if he would be interested in an OC position.

In the SEC, if I’m Tennessee I ask his interests and if I’m Vandy I beg (no chance though)
In the Big XII, if I’m Ok State, I say WTH IS IT GONNA TAKE (and see if I can come up with it)? Because Texas is gonna fire PeeWee after next season and then you don’t have a shot.
In the ACC, if I’m VPI, I ask what Ok State did.
in the B1G, If I’m Michigan, I fire the Khakis, the second Gus says yeah I am interested. If I’m Nebraska I’m already on the phone before someone in Michigan figures it out! And Frost and his 11-20 3 year record should be Fired regardless (see Mike Riley and his record over 3 years and how he was fired).

Gua can coach. Auburn ain’t Bama in terms of $$$$$, facilities, name, brand, etc, and Tommy Tubberville got treated the same way (except he has a winning record vs BAMA). They are going to have to find someone real good to outdue what Malzagn did.

this sums up Gus Malzagn being fired

Last edited:
Hugh Freeze is supposedly the man for Auburn

This will allow Art Briles to slip in at Liberty
Liberty isn't giving two f*cks. Not even trying to clean up his name.

My financial advisor (Auburn Grad) was telling me today that he’s hearing Kevin Steele. It’s such an Auburn move.

‘Fire Gus and pay $21 million and go down the hall and hire the DC-same guy whose defense gave up 42 pts to BAMA less than 3 weeks ago.’

Btw this is the same Kevin Steele who was DC at Clemson when WVU hung 70 on them and they FIRED him after that game. The same Kevin Steele who was a disaster as a HC at Baylor.

my thought was Gene Chizik must have been unavailable for a 2nd run.

Fired

• Gus Malzahn (Auburn, 68-35 in eight seasons)
  • Lovie Smith (Illinois, 17-39, 10-33 B1G, one bowl game)
  • Kevin Sumlin (Arizona, 9-20 and ruined Khalil Tate in three seasons)
  • Will Muschamp (South Carolina—midseason—for Shane Beamer)
  • Derek Mason (Vanderbilt, 27-55 in seven seasons)
  • Steve Campbell (South Alabama Jaguars, 9-26 in three seasons)
  • Matt Viator (ULM Warhawks, 19-39 in five seasons)
Hired

• Blake Anderson (left Arkansas State for Utah State after 51-37 and 2 Sun Belt titles)
  • Butch Jones (Arkansas State Red Wolves, left Florida International Panthers)
  • Will Hall (Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles, from Willie Fritz tree)
  • Clark Lea (Vanderbilt, former Notre Dame DC and Vandy alumnus)
College Football Hiring and Firing, 2020

School Fired or Resigned Record # Years Hired
Auburn Gus Malzahn 68-35 (39-27 SEC) 8 -
Illinois Lovie Smith 17-39 (10-33 B1G) 5 -
Arizona Kevin Sumlin 9-20 (6-17 Pac-12) 3 -
South Carolina Will Muschamp 28-30 (17-22 SEC) 5* Shane Beamer (Oklahoma AHC)
Vanderbilt Derek Mason 27-55 (10-46 SEC) 7* Clark Lea (Notre Dame DC)
South Alabama Steve Campbell 9-26 3 Kane Wommack (Indiana DC)
Louisiana-Monroe Matt Viator 19-39 5 -
Utah State Gary Andersen 7-9 1.5* Blake Anderson (Arkansas State)
Southern Miss Jay Hopson, Scotty Walden 28-23 (20-12) 4 + 1 gm Will Hall (Tulane)
Arkansas State Blake Anderson (left for USU) Butch Jones (Alabama asst)

Illinois insiders are saying Bret Bielema. There are many that would not like that.

Others are thinking

Jay Norvell: Current Nevada Wolf Pack coach whose stock is up—rebuilt that program after Brian Polian ruined it, with bowl eligibility three straight years and a high-flying offense. Iowa alum with stops at Wisconsin, Iowa State, and Nebraska as well as an OC.

Some in this article have recently been fired.

Below is our ratings key. Here's how the 130 FBS coaches sorted out before the season began. There were 11 on the proverbial hot seat (rated 5 or 4) entering the season with another 12 starting to feel the heat (rated 3).

Rating What it means Coaches
5 Win or be fired 6
4 Start improving now 5
3 Pressure is mounting 12
2 All good ... for now 40
1 Safe and secure 43
0 Untouchable 24

That leads us to our updated Hot Seat Rankings. Here's how things are shaking out more than two months into the season. Take a look below.

Jim Harbaugh 5 Not to pile on but these seem to be the final for Harbaugh at Michigan. An excellent coach just hasn't lived up to expectations, some of them set by him. Every game from here on out is referendum on where Michigan and Harbaugh are headed. You know the numbers: The 1-3 record is the worst start since 1967. Harbaugh is 3-9 against Michigan State and Ohio State; 1-5 overall in the last six games; 14-11 after Nov. 1 at Michigan. If only life were one big satellite camp. Preseason rating: 3

Ed Orgeron 3 The Tigers weren't expected to repeat or even come close. Who would be after a 15-0 season? But this season has been a series of unfortunate events. The program couldn't stand the loss of all that talent and those coaches. The defense has been a sieve. Myles Brennan was hurt, then the quarterback job was opened up for competition. Defensive coordinator Bo Pelini, well, he's no Dave Aranda. So far. Then there was USA Today's bombshell regarding allegations of ignored sexual abuse by players. It's hard to remember Coach O is the reigning national coach of the year. This was going to be a down year to begin with, but this down? Maybe an assumed bounce back in 2021 shouldn't be assumed. Preseason rating: 0

Tom Herman 4 Holding steady is good news for Herman. After losses to TCU and Oklahoma, the walls were closing in. Since then, the winning streak will likely be four after this week's game against Kansas. The Longhorns (5-2) are still in contention for the Big 12 Championship Game. That's the biggest thing. As long as there is a chance Oklahoma's five-year stranglehold on the conference can be broken, Herman is safe. But if he loses once more between now and Dec. 19, all bets are off. Preseason rating: 4

I just saw on the bottom of the screen on the SEC network Tennessee is investigating improper football recruiting as is the NCAA. I guarantee they’re trying to void Mr Potato Head’s contract extension given earlier in 2020 so they can try and get Hugh Freeze from Liberty. Oh the hypocrisy there!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT