ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Coaches probably moving on

I would be shocked if “the Product” ever get a P5 HC job. He’s had 3. Other than Lou Holtz who has had 5 (NC State, Arkansas, Minnesota, Notre Dame, and SC), I can not think of anyone who has had more than 3 in modern time frame. Plus he’s been Fired at Michigan and Zona so his stock is low. You only have so many opportunities.

I would be shocked if “the Product” ever get a P5 HC job. He’s had 3. Other than Lou Holtz who has had 5 (NC State, Arkansas, Minnesota, Notre Dame, and SC), I can not think of anyone who has had more than 3 in modern time frame. Plus he’s been Fired at Michigan and Zona so his stock is low. You only have so many opportunities.

3 - Kiffin, RR, Saban, Spurrier, Leach

Can't think of anyone with more.

I wouldnt be surprised if Todd Graham got a 3rd job.

3 - Kiffin, RR, Saban, Spurrier, Leach

Can't think of anyone with more.

I wouldnt be surprised if Todd Graham got a 3rd job.
Kiffin was TN, USC (fired on the runway), and now at Ole Miss
The Dick- WVU, Michigan (fired for the worst records ever there), Zona (not that successful despite Casteel being there and Fired for that and the executive assistant problems)
Saban- MI State (successful) , LSU (National Title), & now Bama (they say F$&@ The Bear we got the Saban and he’s got 5 NCs).
Leach - TX Tech (tool shed problems with an SMU offspring), WA State (average to mixed success and never beat WA), and now at MISS State

Todd Graham shouldn’t get another job. He’s a bad guy.

Urb was at Utah, FL (2 NCs), & Ohio State (1 NC). He will probably go school #4 if it’s right cause of the itch, but he’s never been FIRED for performance.

I don’t know how a guy gets a 4th job if he was fired at #2 & #3 and no National title

Kiffin was TN, USC (fired on the runway), and now at Ole Miss
The Dick- WVU, Michigan (fired for the worst records ever there), Zona (not that successful despite Casteel being there and Fired for that and the executive assistant problems)
Saban- MI State (successful) , LSU (National Title), & now Bama (they say F$&@ The Bear we got the Saban and he’s got 5 NCs).
Leach - TX Tech (tool shed problems with an SMU offspring), WA State (average to mixed success and never beat WA), and now at MISS State

Todd Graham shouldn’t get another job. He’s a bad guy.

Urb was at Utah, FL (2 NCs), & Ohio State (1 NC). He will probably go school #4 if it’s right cause of the itch, but he’s never been FIRED for performance.

I don’t know how a guy gets a 4th job if he was fired at #2 & #3 and no National title

Ty Willingham also has 3, and Les Miles...who you mentioned.

If Franklin gets fired at PSU, I think he gets another shot at a 3rd job...

I think Meyer wants ND, and is waiting for it to open up. USC/Texas are leverage...although money talks. Ever since Meyer left Ohio St, I've been waiting for Brian Kelly to find himself in the middle of a scandal.

Reactions: 3xWVUenginEER
I think Urb probably is waiting for ND and using TX/USC. I don’t Texas is even the best job in Texas. A&M is SEC and Jimbo is doing what he did at FSU. I think he will beat Saban Next year IF Saban doesn’t win it all this season and retire (he is 69).

I think Urb probably is waiting for ND and using TX/USC. I don’t Texas is even the best job in Texas. A&M is SEC and Jimbo is doing what he did at FSU. I think he will beat Saban Next year IF Saban doesn’t win it all this season and retire (he is 69).

Dabo to Bama...

Dabo to Bama????

In terms of Easier Conference
ACC vs SEC

In terms of beating in State Rival
SC vs Auburn

In terms of credit in the bank built up
Clemson vs Bama

In every category I think it screams to Dabo stay where you’re at. Bobby Bowden had Alabama as his dream job and early in his career at FSU he said he would have taken the BAMA job if offered. After a while he realized he made FSU a better job and his own and when BAMA was offered he turned it down.

Not to worry. South Carolina has a bevy of coaches it is considering not named Neal Brown. He hasn't been interviewed. Maybe didn't even offer to be interviewed. Neal Brown is NOT going to South Carolina. Let him concentrate on beating Iowa State and Oklahoma!

Dabo to Bama????

In terms of Easier Conference
ACC vs SEC

In terms of beating in State Rival
SC vs Auburn

In terms of credit in the bank built up
Clemson vs Bama

In every category I think it screams to Dabo stay where you’re at. Bobby Bowden had Alabama as his dream job and early in his career at FSU he said he would have taken the BAMA job if offered. After a while he realized he made FSU a better job and his own and when BAMA was offered he turned it down.

He is from Alabama, played at Alabama and began his coaching career there. Bama will open the check book. Clemson is rolling but at some point it will end, either on the field or in scandal...

Not to worry. South Carolina has a bevy of coaches it is considering not named Neal Brown. He hasn't been interviewed. Maybe didn't even offer to be interviewed. Neal Brown is NOT going to South Carolina. Let him concentrate on beating Iowa State and Oklahoma!

No one is worried about Kneel Brown leaving for SC.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
No one is worried about Kneel Brown leaving for SC.
I don't think anybody has to worry about that. SC is likely wanting to make a big splash here, and will attempt to bring in someone with a bigger name. Once Brown establishes himself, competes on the national stage, and has the program ranked highly, then it's possible he'll be someone whose name pops up during coaching searches. Right now, the only time I've seen his name being mentioned is on WVU social media sites.

I don't think anybody has to worry about that. SC is likely wanting to make a big splash here, and will attempt to bring in someone with a bigger name. Once Brown establishes himself, competes on the national stage, and has the program ranked highly, then it's possible he'll be someone whose name pops up during coaching searches. Right now, the only time I've seen his name being mentioned is on WVU social media sites.

His name was listed as 2nd go around possibility if no coach is hired and even then it's near the bottom. He would actually have to interview or even be invites to interview before moving on the list.

Vandy fired their coach so I guess that will be the next rumor started by the rumor mill.

His name was listed as 2nd go around possibility if no coach is hired and even then it's near the bottom. He would actually have to interview or even be invites to interview before moving on the list.

Vandy fired their coach so I guess that will be the next rumor started by the rumor mill.
Vanderbilt should drop football. Don't take this the wrong way, as I love me some women, but their publicity stunt the other day backfired. Did you read up on everything that took place? Even had the girl give a halftime speech to all the other players in the locker room. Anybody that has laced them up certainly wouldn't wanted to have to go through that BS. Imagine being on a winless team, down 21 to 0 at halftime, and the coach has a girl that just joined the team give a halftime speech to fire up the troops. Then she gets named SEC special teams co-player of the week for pooch kicking a ball 30 yards. Even our old asses could have done that.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Vanderbilt should drop football. Don't take this the wrong way, as I love me some women, but their publicity stunt the other day backfired. Did you read up on everything that took place? Even had the girl give a halftime speech to all the other players in the locker room. Anybody that has laced them up certainly wouldn't wanted to have to go through that BS. Imagine being on a winless team, down 21 to 0 at halftime, and the coach has a girl that just joined the team give a halftime speech to fire up the troops. Then she gets named SEC special teams co-player of the week for pooch kicking a ball 30 yards. Even our old asses could have done that.

The SEC should kick them out..that was a mockery.

Might as well start letting little kids play in the game and senior citizens.

Imagine if that shitty kick got returned she had a field of players coming full speed? Would she try to make a play to save a TD? What would happen if she got pancaked?

It was pure theater.

Last edited:

Lot of coaches waiting on the Notre Dame job. Brian Kelly doesn't show any signs of leaving anytime soon.

First 5 years
8-5
8-5
12-1 (12 wins vacated)
9-4 (9 wins vacated)
8-5

45-20 (21 wins total vacated including BCS national championship game 24-20)

of last 7 years of 11 total Brian Kelly at ND
10-3
4-8
10-3
12-1
11-2
9-0 (so far)

66-17

Dabo was on the Stallings NC team I know but at some point you realize my new home is better than the old home or I think that’s what will happen. The main reason is because whoever follows Saban won’t be Saban. How many folks followed the Bear before a NC? Saban is better than the Bear!

He is from Alabama, played at Alabama and began his coaching career there. Bama will open the check book. Clemson is rolling but at some point it will end, either on the field or in scandal...

I think if we can compete for B12 C C G 3-5 times in a decade we would have done a terrific job, and would have accomplished this with 2 different coaches over said decade. If we look at the history of the CFP, I believe the Big12 has never been higher than the 4th seed. So we would need to be one of the top 2 in regular season, with at most one loss. Win the C C G. Then most likely beat the 1 seed. I can only dream, but that is a lot of stares lining up.
Actually becoming a regular resident of the B12 first division would be a great feat.

Michigan was accused of cheating and paying players...

Was actually by the AD at Stanford who was upset that Yost left.
Accused Yost and the Michigan AD

Nothing really has changed except the people involved and who is at the top.

Fielding Yost ..... A WV native.
Also just learned that he was the interim HC at San Jose St in 1900. Did he coach both Stanford and San Jose St (then called called the California State Normal School ) at the same time?

Fielding Yost ..... A WV native.
Also just learned that he was the interim HC at San Jose St in 1900. Did he coach both Stanford and San Jose St (then called called the California State Normal School ) at the same time?

I am not 100% sure of that. I do know he coached at Stanford for a year and then moved on to Michigan.
Also do know that the Stanford AD went after the Michigan program.

All the things we hear about the top programs today people said about Yost and Michigan...
ND even accused them of not just cheating but being Anti Catholic.

Football is something that never changes except the rules...
Back then you could grab 150 of the best players and leave everyone scraps

What also hasn't changed is that the big money boosters run things

Reason why we still are seeing coaches fired. The only difference is probably the schools who fire the coaches as not all schools have the money from boosters.

As you see both of the coaches who have been fired so far are from the SEC.

Supposedly some guy name Corey Dennis is very important in the decision being made by Urban Meyer.

We will see. Don't know who he is but Meyer is really looking out for his best interest

Guess in the morning people will know if Urban is on the plane traveling to Florida.
They are staying the night in Cincinnati so the rumor is that Urban will be flying to Florida tomorrow with a few BMB from Texas.
The original flight plan had them returning back to Austin

20201202-173332.jpg

Tom Herman's biggest (former) supporter is now stalking Urban Meyer's flight itineraries. Wow, get a life.

Guess in the morning people will know if Urban is on the plane traveling to Florida.
They are staying the night in Cincinnati so the rumor is that Urban will be flying to Florida tomorrow with a few BMB from Texas.
The original flight plan had them returning back to Austin

20201202-173332.jpg

Maybe he will stop at the airport restroom to take a piss...then you can drink from the urinal.

• Haha
Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Who on here knows or cares what Meyer will do, but the delusional Texass fan base has become the proverbial pin cushion on the Fan 97.1 WBNS FM in Columbus today.

Welcome to the new B1G according to FOX.
Too many people who are making the decisions for the schools now

We will see. On Texas to decide

Gus at Auburn has to be on the hot seat too. Again Jimmy Sexton with the insane buyout keeps him employed.

The irony is if he’s fired at Auburn he’d still be a better hire than 80% of the SEC. Shoot he’d be a better hire than &5% of P5 football. He would definitely be a better than any coach hired at Tennessee since Fulmer and how many have they had since him?

I don’t see how Mr Potatoe Head keeps that gig at Knoxville cause he’s a coordinator for life.

Welcome to the new B1G according to FOX.
Too many people who are making the decisions for the schools now

We will see. On Texas to decide
Wrong. Texass would hire Meyer in a New York minute. It's up to Urbs as to whether he wants the stress of ensuring that Texass doesn't continue to fail at the highest level of college football.

Wrong. Texass would hire Meyer in a New York minute. It's up to Urbs as to whether he wants the stress of ensuring that Texass doesn't continue to fail at the highest level of college football.

This is maybe a lot of bigger than some are saying.

The people are trying to find out what is going on but doesn't take much to put it together
There are unnamed people not connected to Texas who are pushing Meyer to take the job

In my mind it is FOX

Regardless, Texas would hire Meyer, if Meyer were to decide to accept the job. Three national titles is three more than Texas has won since 2006.

Stipulations...

The person who said this was the same person who said back in April that the B1G and PAC wouldn't be playing football in September. He said he heard that from a TV executive.

Uncle Phil is involved as well.
Don't know why Phil Knight's name is being throw into this but he is one of the people supposedly pushing Meyer

Lots of bad blood between Meyer and Herman, so Meyer potentially going to Texas would enhance that.

Herman is supposedly the guy that was the nark in Columbus, or at least Urban seemed to think so.

Lots of bad blood between Meyer and Herman, so Meyer potentially going to Texas would enhance that.

Herman is supposedly the guy that was the nark in Columbus, or at least Urban seemed to think so.

That doesn't surprise me at all. You see him on the sidelines during losses and crying like a little bitch.

Texas big wigs were talking to Meyer seeing if possible and Meyer as talking of who he could hire on his staff. Keeping Ash at Texas is one he wants.

The rumors in Columbus were that Herman was Zach Smith's strip club buddy, and that Herman used his knowledge of Smith's bad behavior to screw Meyer. This makes sense because Meyer was taking blue-chip recruits out of Herman's back yard, and Herman wrongly thought that Ohio State would be unable to mine gold in Texas, without Meyer. Much to my surprise, Day is doing even better in recruiting Texas than Meyer had done.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT