ADVERTISEMENT

Oliver Luck hired by B12.

Well he needs to be careful with that, he was brought in to assist conference...working a side deal with a school, presumably to exit to ACC would put him in hot water...
All phone calls. No emails....if he's smart.

All phone calls. No emails....if he's smart.

Perfect....no one has ever thought of that before, and no lawyer would ever, ever ask if there were phone calls or face to face meetings during a deposition.

You realize that working to assist wvu out of B12 would be counter-active to his employment, and would be a sure-fire way to get legally farked.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Perfect....no one has ever thought of that before, and no lawyer would ever, ever ask if there were phone calls or face to face meetings during a deposition.

You realize that working to assist wvu out of B12 would be counter-active to his employment, and would be a sure-fire way to get legally farked.

Normally yes, but it's the poorest kept secret in CFB that WVU is engaging the ACC hard. All a phone record says is that a a call took place. "I make lots of phone calls. I would largely be guessing at whatever was said that long ago." usually snuffs that shit out. Especially since most trials over things like this will be years after said call.

Can you recall a random phone call from 3 years ago? The courts can't prove you did either, unless you were recorded, which is always possible I guess. In addition , no one would ever do business with that person again...ever (assuming they have any money left after you sue them for recording you without permission if you call from your private residence).

WVUs actions prior to Luck coming on is pretty much impenetrable legal armor. No one will prove his presence made a tangible difference in the outcome.

Plus helping WVU doesn't have to harm the B12. If he can find a home for all the members of the B12, he essentially did his job. Essentially the B12 is a construct created to serve the member schools. He can serve both purposes. If anything, he can justify helping WVU by saying the B12 wants to join the PAC 12 which would actually be protecting some teams while intentionally harming WVU by moving them further from their fan base or potentially abandoning them altogether. In that instance, WVU has every bit a right to be protected as any other B12 team.

Normally yes, but it's the poorest kept secret in CFB that WVU is engaging the ACC hard. All a phone record says is that a a call took place. "I make lots of phone calls. I would largely be guessing at whatever was said that long ago." usually snuffs that shit out. Especially since most trials over things like this will be years after said call.

Can you recall a random phone call from 3 years ago? The courts can't prove you did either, unless you were recorded, which is always possible I guess. In addition , no one would ever do business with that person again...ever (assuming they have any money left after you sue them for recording you without permission if you call from your private residence).

WVUs actions prior to Luck coming on is pretty much impenetrable legal armor. No one will prove his presence made a tangible difference in the outcome.

Plus helping WVU doesn't have to harm the B12. If he can find a home for all the members of the B12, he essentially did his job. Essentially the B12 is a construct created to serve the member schools. He can serve both purposes. If anything, he can justify helping WVU by saying the B12 wants to join the PAC 12 which would actually be protecting some teams while intentionally harming WVU by moving them further from their fan base or potentially abandoning them altogether. In that instance, WVU has every bit a right to be protected as any other B12 team.
Um

I don't know about any of that
- as you challenge an possible
conflicts of interests, btwn Oliver interests, West Virginia interests, b12 interests.

You are shoveling allot here.

Sounds like very wishful thinking and maybe very unrealistic.

I'll sleep on your comments
and rethink you positions.

But on 1st blush, maybe naive summary.

Last edited:
No its the remaining Big 12 teams that need to get to work. The sec and espn want Oklahoma and Texas in the sec sooner rather than later. The remaining 8 can cut a deal for a better television contract by letting them go early. Either way you look at it you can't win. You will not replace the value of those two teams.
If the SEC and ESPN want those schools sooner then I guess you or your bosses better approach the BIG 12 with a knock em out of the ballpark contract and also offer up cash to CBS to buy the SEC rights they own through 2025.

Last edited:
If the SEC and ESPN want those schools sooner then I guess you or your bosses better approach the BIG 12 witj a kno k em out of the ballpark contract and also offer up cash to CBS to buy the SEC rights they own through 2025.

Think CBS is NOT an SEC partner
anymore - but we'll know soon.

Um

I don't know about any of that as you challenge an possible
conflicts of interests, btwn Oliver, West Virginia, b12 interests.

You are shoveling allot here.

Sounds like very wishful thinking and maybe very unrealistic.

I'll sleep on your comments and rethink you positions.
But on 1st blush, maybe naive.

Sleep away. WVU is a geographical outlier and the B12 is actively considering an option that screws us over in a major way. Luck is as beholden to our interest as any other B12 team. WVU having in depth conversations with the ACC well ahead of his hiring (likely going back several years) also creates a massive legal hill, which is "Would this outcome have been any different if Luck wasn't involved?"

There would be a ream of files that would create a great defense for Luck. How would you prove Luck somehow spread the Red Sea as opposed to the likely dozen or so 20# boxes of files showing years of WVU/ACC communication?

Are you threatening Oliver Luck- who I believe HAS a law degree?

Yes their contract with the SEC doesnt end until 2025 ish unless ESPN buys it out.

Thanks.

I just checked CBS is NOT broadcasting SEC this weekend -
Is NOT broadcasting SEC, Saturday.

ABC has;
Bama at Miami 330pm
&
ABC has Georgia vs Clemson 730pm.

ABC owns ESPN.

CBS bid not win the broadcasting rights to the SEC, Anymore.

Last edited:
Sleep away. WVU is a geographical outlier and the B12 is actively considering an option that screws us over in a major way. Luck is as beholden to our interest as any other B12 team. WVU having in depth conversations with the ACC well ahead of his hiring (likely going back several years) also creates a massive legal hill, which is "Would this outcome have been any different if Luck wasn't involved?"

There would be a ream of files that would create a great defense for Luck. How would you prove Luck somehow spread the Red Sea as opposed to the likely dozen or so 20# boxes of files showing years of WVU/ACC communication?

Maybe, maybe not about acc conversations.

But there is a flaw in your conclusions-
Acc has never invited West Virginia to join now
(nor in the past).

May I clarify,
ACC has NEVER invited West Virginia to join, the acc.

Last edited:
Thanks.

I just checked CBS is NOT broadcasting SEC this weekend -
Is NOT broadcasting SEC, Saturday.

ABC has;
Bama at Miami 330pm
&
ABC has Georgia vs Clemson 730pm.

ABC owns ESPN.

CBS bid not win the broadcasting rights to the SEC, Anymore.
First, the TV contract between CBS and ESPN has NOT expired. it expires in summer 2024.

And, while CBS (airs just 15 SEC games per season btw) won't carry SEC games this week upcoming or the week after, starting Sept. 18th they are carrying SEC games-starting with Alabama @ Florida on Sept. 18th @ 3:30 eastern

Maybe, maybe not about acc conversations.

But there is a flaw in your conclusions-
Acc has never invited West Virginia to join now
(nor in the past).

May I clarify,
ACC has NEVER invited West Virginia to join, the acc.

I'm aware. However the circumstances are vastly different now. The ACC is now the hunted (thus the "Alliance") AND their "academics" excuse (pushed by the Carolina schools) is largely bullshit in light of letting in Louisville (which also ran incredibly dirty football and basketball programs).

Also Clemson runs the ACC now and they are WVU friendly due to Clements being President there. Clemson was nothing compared to Duke and UNC in 2011.

Your incredibly flimsy legal "argument" is essentially comparing apples to hyenas. Lots of non-Oliver Luck reasons to bring WVU on (near impossible burden of proof to overcome). Let's put it this way, if Luck singlehandedly (as you and Darth suggest) saves WVU from certain disaster, can you think of any plane of reality where WVU doesn't outright comp him for his trouble? What would the B12 sue Luck for (and reasonably get)? Maybe a couple million dollars?!? That is chicken feed in this game right now. Gee would be laughing while signing a check for 10x that if Luck could pull it off.

I'll tell you what though kid. If we end up in the ACC and someone, ANYONE successfully sues Ollie for conflict of interest I'll get you and Darth a snow cone...any flavor.....since I'm a softie. You won't even have to share.

I'm aware. However the circumstances are vastly different now. The ACC is now the hunted (thus the "Alliance") AND their "academics" excuse (pushed by the Carolina schools) is largely bullshit in light of letting in Louisville (which also ran incredibly dirty football and basketball programs).

Also Clemson runs the ACC now and they are WVU friendly due to Clements being President there. Clemson was nothing compared to Duke and UNC in 2011.

Your incredibly flimsy legal "argument" is essentially comparing apples to hyenas. Lots of non-Oliver Luck reasons to bring WVU on (near impossible burden of proof to overcome). Let's put it this way, if Luck singlehandedly (as you and Darth suggest) saves WVU from certain disaster, can you think of any plane of reality where WVU doesn't outright comp him for his trouble? What would the B12 sue Luck for (and reasonably get)? Maybe a couple million dollars?!? That is chicken feed in this game right now. Gee would be laughing while signing a check for 10x that if Luck could pull it off.

I'll tell you what though kid. If we end up in the ACC and someone, ANYONE successfully sues Ollie for conflict of interest I'll get you and Darth a snow cone...any flavor.....since I'm a softie. You won't even have to share.

This isn't complicated. An employee cant circumvent and sabotage their own employer.

If Luck had the opportunity to assist WVU with the ACC, he wouldn't have taken the B12 role...

Actually Louisville 's academic ranking is much better than wvu's. In fact wvu at 241 has the worst of any P5 school.

Dude, you have no clue what you are talking about...stop making yourself look dumb.

Your ideas and opinions on this issue are stupid, there is no other way to say it.

First, the TV contract between CBS and ESPN has NOT expired. it expires in summer 2024.

And, while CBS (airs just 15 SEC games per season btw) won't carry SEC games this week upcoming or the week after, starting Sept. 18th they are carrying SEC games-starting with Alabama @ Florida on Sept. 18th @ 3:30 eastern

Not what I heard...

We'll know more, soon but certainly CBS is NOT broadcasting college football
, 1st week.

Not what I heard...

, 1st week.

I thought I read going forward, not sure when, that ESPN purchased the 3:30 SEC game...and the amount they paid for it was enormous.

Not what I heard...

, 1st week.
You heard wrong.

Check out the full CBS college football slate below:

DATE TIME (ET) GAME
Saturday, Sept. 11 3:30 p.m. Air Force at Navy
Saturday, Sept. 18 3:30 p.m. Alabama at Florida
Saturday, Sept. 25 12 p.m. Boise State at Utah State
Saturday Sept. 25 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Saturday, Oct. 2 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Saturday, Oct. 9 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game TBD
Saturday Oct. 9 8 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Saturday, Oct. 16 12 p.m. SEC on CBS Game TBD
Saturday, Oct. 16 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Saturday, Oct. 23 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Saturday, Oct. 30 3:30 p.m. Georgia vs. Florida
Saturday, Nov. 6 11:30 a.m. Army vs. Air Force
Saturday, Nov. 6 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Saturday, Nov. 13 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Saturday, Nov. 20 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Friday, Nov. 26 12 p.m. Boise State at San Diego State
Friday, Nov. 26 3:30 p.m. Missouri at Arkansas
Saturday, Nov. 27 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Saturday, Dec. 4 4 p.m. SEC Championship Game
Saturday, Dec. 11 3 p.m. Army vs. Navy
Friday, Dec. 31 12:30 p.m. Tony The Tiger Sun Bowl

Appreciated...

I was under the impression that ESPN/ABC acquired the TV rights to SEC football.

Curious why CBS is not broadcasting, 1st weekend, this year.

I've heard
as such a few times on TV.

We'll see soon, i guess.

The games listed above for this week were both road games for the SEC teams and the host schools/conference TV rights would go to the host team.

You heard wrong.

Check out the full CBS college football slate below:

DATE TIME (ET) GAME
Saturday, Sept. 11 3:30 p.m. Air Force at Navy
Saturday, Sept. 18 3:30 p.m. Alabama at Florida
Saturday, Sept. 25 12 p.m. Boise State at Utah State
Saturday Sept. 25 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Saturday, Oct. 2 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Saturday, Oct. 9 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game TBD
Saturday Oct. 9 8 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Saturday, Oct. 16 12 p.m. SEC on CBS Game TBD
Saturday, Oct. 16 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Saturday, Oct. 23 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Saturday, Oct. 30 3:30 p.m. Georgia vs. Florida
Saturday, Nov. 6 11:30 a.m. Army vs. Air Force
Saturday, Nov. 6 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Saturday, Nov. 13 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Saturday, Nov. 20 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Friday, Nov. 26 12 p.m. Boise State at San Diego State
Friday, Nov. 26 3:30 p.m. Missouri at Arkansas
Saturday, Nov. 27 3:30 p.m. SEC on CBS Game of the Week
Saturday, Dec. 4 4 p.m. SEC Championship Game
Saturday, Dec. 11 3 p.m. Army vs. Navy
Friday, Dec. 31 12:30 p.m. Tony The Tiger Sun Bowl

The contract is over soon and ESPN got rights to that game...paid absurd $$$

Appreciated...

I was under the impression that ESPN/ABC acquired the TV rights to SEC football.

I've heard

We'll see soon, i guess.

Maybe they are putting that game on the SEC network?

If the SEC and ESPN want those schools sooner then I guess you or your bosses better approach the BIG 12 with a knock em out of the ballpark contract and also offer up cash to CBS to buy the SEC rights they own through 2025.
The cbs contract ends in 2023 and don't count on Texas and Oklahoma being around until 2025. I wouldn't be surprised if there gone after this season.

Pay the $80 million each and leave.

Pretty simple.

THEY
signed the rights fee.

pay up and leave

Saw the SEC Network schedule,
this weekend

Louisiana Monroe at Kentucky 12 noon

Central Michigan at Mizzou, 330pm

Florida Atlantic at Florida, 730pm

Not a ratings grabber for SEC.

Um,
not an attractive 1st weekend
for SEC Network.

Pay the $80 million each and leave.

Pretty simple.

THEY
signed the rights fee.

pay up and leave
This is not how these things work. They aren't going to simply pay the full amount demanded and leave. They will negotiate the number down somewhat and exit much sooner than 2025.

This is not how these things work. They aren't going to simply pay the full amount demanded and leave. They will negotiate the number down somewhat and exit much sooner than 2025.

Not if you're assuming the rest of the b12 is STUPID, West Virginia included.

Only here on this Rivals Msg Board - would reward Texas & Oklahoma for leaving, with limited damages
to Texas Oklahoma.

You all are possibly underestimating
all the residential damages that are occurring to the remaining b12 - remaining 8.

Texas & Oklahoma could pay more than $80 million each, And leave.

Sorry, but your negotiating skills is mostly predicated on EMOTION, exclusively.

Appreciated...

I've heard

We'll see soon, i guess.
I think they just pick certain games--usually lower level OOC games the first weekend or so, so they are probably waiting til bigger games come up.

Sorry, but your negotiating skills is mostly predicated on EMOTION, exclusively.
You're deflecting. I have no dog in this hunt, and wouldn't mind seeing Oklahoma and Texas pay through the nose, but they won't pay the full $80 million. If you care to make an emotional wager, then name your price. Negotiating clearly isn't something that you do for a living.

I don't think they will negotiate anything down in this case --they've violated the clearly stated by laws of the conference and the GORs are not negotiable. The commissioner said they are looking for a way to get out without paying, but the existing membership isn't going to help them as they are being harmed long term if not permanently by the back stabbing.

Reactions: mofo
You're deflecting. I have no dog in this hunt, and wouldn't mind seeing Oklahoma and Texas pay through the nose, but they won't pay the full $80 million. If you care to make an emotional wager, then name your price. Negotiating clearly isn't something that you do for a living.

Look - Oklahoma Texas
signed the b12 license agreement, and b12 membership agreement.

In my mind,
Oklahoma Texas owes more than $160 million from residential damages.

Emotional decisions
do not pay the rent.

Oklahoma and Texas both stated they will honor the Agreement

No way b12 will release Texas Oklahoma, no matter the options stated here.

Pay Up and Leave.

Naive

I don't think they will negotiate anything down in this case --they've violated the clearly stated by laws of the conference and the GORs are not negotiable. The commissioner said they are looking for a way to get out without paying, but the existing membership isn't going to help them as they are being harmed long term if not permanently by the back stabbing.
Care to wager? It will be in the best interest of the remaining eight to accept a settlement for less than the full amount, as they can split the money now, THEN add more teams or exit the conference themselves.

Not if you're assuming the rest of the b12 is STUPID, West Virginia included.

Only here on this Rivals Msg Board - would reward Texas & Oklahoma for leaving, with limited damages
to Texas Oklahoma.

You all are possibly underestimating
all the residential damages that are occurring to the remaining b12 - remaining 8.

Texas & Oklahoma could pay more than $80 million each, And leave.

Two things...

1. Residential damage would mean damage to a house. The word you are looking for is residual.
2. Skills is should be skills are since skills refers to more than one skill.

In conclusion...stop trying to sound intelligent...it just shows your ignorance.

• Haha
Reactions: KingCoal
Two things...

1. Residential damage would mean damage to a house. The word you are looking for is residual.
2. Skills is should be skills are since skills refers to more than one skill.

In conclusion...stop trying to sound intelligent...it just shows your ignorance.

Um
the payments are only
$ 20 million per remaining b12 members EACH.

$20 MILLION each seems to be a very
Low number, no matter how you attempt "to frame" the legal headaches associated.

Only $20 million each compared to the projected earnings of the old b12, is very small.

No way b12 releases Oklahoma Texas.

I assume we are moving into the insulting phase of this debate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT