ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio St.

79eer

All-Conference
Gold Member
Oct 4, 2008
Pittsburgh
just wondering what people thought of Ohio St. being selected for last year's playoffs ..........

I can't even remember that far back. I don't think I had a strong opinion.

My guess is I was upset the season was bout over and for me Sports was dead to me til they kicked off college football again.

just wondering what people thought of Ohio St. being selected for last year's playoffs ..........

Clemson 31 - Ahia State 0 pretty much sums up how deserving Ahia State was of getting awarded a playoff spot.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
I wish WVU was playing Ohio State this year. Grier, Grimm, Stills, Crawford would wipe up Mountaineer Field with the Buckeyes but the national playoff committee still would put Ohio State in the 4-team playoffs. Is Putin running the national playoff committee, too, along with running Donald Trump?

Who was supposed to get the invite over them, 2 loss OU? 2 loss PSU? Both OSU and UW were run off the field, doesn't mean anyone else would've done any better

Who was supposed to get the invite over them, 2 loss OU? 2 loss PSU? Both OSU and UW were run off the field, doesn't mean anyone else would've done any better[/QUOTE

I would start with the 5 P5 champs in making my selections. Certainly not with a 3rd place team in ANY conference. Hell, they wouldn't pick either co-champ from the Big 12, but they picked the 3rd place Big 10 team. Absolutely incredible. The rankings were flawed to begin with, putting Ohio State that high up. The committee bows to royalty regardless of whether they even win their own conference. No team should be selected that can't win its own conference or even play in its conference title game. Ludicroous!

M iscueing special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 31-24

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20

U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16

N ot sharp but beat Kansas, 56-34

T rip up TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E rectile dysfunction Iowa State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

CFE - they had 1 loss, no one else had less than 2. If PSU wanted to be there so bad they shouldnt have lost to a crap Pitt team (sounds familiar). Complain all you want but when its P5 teams with comparable strengths of schedules, the team that lost less wins.

It didnt matter anyway, the best two teams in the country played and we got a great game. Arguing over 4th place is ridiculous.

CFE - they had 1 loss, no one else had less than 2. If PSU wanted to be there so bad they shouldnt have lost to a crap Pitt team (sounds familiar). Complain all you want but when its P5 teams with comparable strengths of schedules, the team that lost less wins.

It didnt matter anyway, the best two teams in the country played and we got a great game. Arguing over 4th place is ridiculous.

Even if WVU gets the 4th spot while finishing 3rd in the Big 12?

Hell, why have conference title game then? Silly me. For the extra money.

M iscuing special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to
Virginia Tech, 31-24

T rip up TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Reactions: Phil
Even if WVU gets the 4th spot while finishing 3rd in the Big 12?

Hell, why have conference title game then? Silly me. For the extra money.

M iscuing special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to
Virginia Tech, 31-24

T rip up TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

3rd in the Big XII with 1 loss when there are no other 1 loss P5 teams would mean we deserve a spot.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
I wish WVU was playing Ohio State this year. Grier, Grimm, Stills, Crawford would wipe up Mountaineer Field with the Buckeyes but the national playoff committee still would put Ohio State in the 4-team playoffs. Is Putin running the national playoff committee, too, along with running Donald Trump?

Ohio State would probably hang 70 on this defense. We let KANSAS score 35.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT