ADVERTISEMENT

20 W's for WVU in any other Power 5 conference?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
WVU, 8th in Big 12, defeated 11 non-conference opponents.
Only ONE had a LOWER conference standing than WVU!
TWO are in first place, in the ACC and Ohio Valley! FIVE are in the top 4 in their conference, including SEC, Conference USA and Ivy League !

More proof that WVU’s record is the victim of being in the Big 12, #1 toughest conference in America!

Pitt, 1st in ACC
Morehead, 1st in Ohio Valley Conference
Navy, 2nd in Patriot League
Alabama-Birmingham, 3rd in Conference USA
Penn, 3rd in Ivy League
Auburn, 4th in SEC
Portland State, 5th in the Big Sky
Florida, 6th in SEC
Stony Brook, 7th in Colonial Athletic Conference
Buffalo, 8th in Mid-American
Mount St. Marys, 9th in Metro Atlantic

That's only 3 wins against other P5 conferences. Those 3 wins are middle of pack with Pitt (tied for first) is in worst conference in America.

TWO are in first place, in the ACC and Ohio Valley! FIVE are in the top 4 in their conference, including SEC, Conference USA and Ivy League !

More proof that WVU’s record is the victim of being in the Big 12, #1 toughest conference in America!

Pitt, 1st in ACC
Penn, 3rd in Ivy League
Auburn, 4th in SEC
Florida, 6th in SEC
Think you would be about the same with this current Big Ten schedule as you are in the Big 12. 5-10, maybe 6-9

@ Minnesota - W
Maryland - Tossup
Penn State - W
@ Michigan State - L
@ Iowa - L
Northwestern - Tossup
@ Maryland - L
Minnesota - W
Purdue - L
@ Penn State - L
@ Northwestern - L
Ohio State - W
Nebraska - W
Indiana - L
@ Wisconsin - L

Think you would be about the same with this current Big Ten schedule as you are in the Big 12. 5-10, maybe 6-9

@ Minnesota - W
Maryland - Tossup
Penn State - W
@ Michigan State - L
@ Iowa - L
Northwestern - Tossup
@ Maryland - L
Minnesota - W
Purdue - L
@ Penn State - L
@ Northwestern - L
Ohio State - W
Nebraska - W
Indiana - L
@ Wisconsin - L
This isn't a Michigan or Big 10 board....no one cares....can you go find a Michigan board? I mean you aren't even a WVU fan yet you hang out here...why?

Pitt, 1st in ACC
Penn, 3rd in Ivy League
Auburn, 4th in SEC
Florida, 6thLO

@ Minnesota - W
Maryland - Tossup
Penn State - W
@ Michigan State - L
@ Iowa - L
Northwestern - Tossup
@ Maryland - L
Minnesota - W
Purdue - L
@ Penn State - L
@ Northwestern - L
Ohio State - W
Nebraska - W
Indiana - L
@ Wisconsin - L

Pitt, 1st in ACC
Penn, 3rd in Ivy League
Auburn, 4th in SEC
Florida, 6th in SEC
WV is no "victim."

The university chose membership into the B12, if I remember correctly.

Are you a "victim" of this board? Certainly not. You have chosen to be here, to post your comments, and receive feedback, good or bad. It's all part of the "game."

Now, based on the record, WV has not been a so-called winner and powerhouse in the conference, much to our chagrin. As Mountaineer fans, we have enjoyed some great moments of rejoicing, shouting, jubilation. We have also had our down moments, too. Witness these two latest basketball team efforts.

Are we victims. No. We are fans. We win and we lose, but we're not victims. We roll with the punches.

We want to be big boys. We want to play with the best. The B12, according to most college basketball experts, is the best basketball group in the land this year. We're up against tough competition. Almost all of us like the company we're in. But, we do like to win and we do want WV to improve in that department.

Would your so-called victimization tag be removed if we were at the top of the B12 heap? It wouldn't exist, right?

WV is no "victim."

Are you a "victim" of this board? Certainly not. You have chosen to be here, to post your comments, and receive feedback, good or bad. It's all part of the "game."

Now, based on the record, WV has not been a so-called winner and powerhouse in the conference, much to our chagrin. As Mountaineer fans, we have enjoyed some great moments of rejoicing, shouting, jubilation. We have also had our down moments, too. Witness these two latest basketball team efforts.

Are we victims. No. We are fans. We win and we lose, but we're not victims. We roll with the punches.

We want to be big boys. We want to play with the best. The B12, according to most college basketball experts, is the best basketball group in the land this year. We're up against tough competition. Almost all of us like the company we're in. But, we do like to win and we do want WV to improve in that department.

Would your so-called victimization tag be removed if we were at the top of the B12 heap? It wouldn't exist, right?
GOOD RESPONSE. AND CIVIL. I LIKE THAT.

BUT MY POINT ALWAY HAS BEEN THAT 5TH TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE COUNTRY IS A MAJOR REASON FOR WVU'S SEASON RECORD. I'M SURE YOU DON'T DISPUTE THAT. AS HUGGINS SAID AGAIN AT HIS LAST PRESS CONFERENCE WVU AGAIN AND AGAIN HAS BEEN A FEW MISSED FREE THROWS OF FG SHOTS AWAY FROM WINNING GAMES ... AGAINST TOP 25 TEAMS.

AGAIN, I SAY, THE BIG 12 GAUNTLET IS GREAT PREP FOR MARCH MADNESS.

AS A SILVER LINING GUY I THINK IT'S POSSIBLE WVU MAY ADVANCE FARTHER IN MARCH MADNESS THAT MANY ON THIS FORUM THINK. PARTICULARLY IF IT IS A 1ST ROUND IF 12 SEED AGAINST THE 5 SEED. AFTER ALL, THE 12 HAS BEATEN THE 5 THIRTY ONE TIMES SO FAR. WHY NOT UPSET BY WVU AS A 12 AGAINST THE 5?

I REFUSE TO NOT BE AN OPTIMIST! JOIN ME?

This isn't a Michigan or Big 10 board....no one cares....can you go find a Michigan board? I mean you aren't even a WVU fan yet you hang out here...why?

Dear petulant child:

fu middle finger GIF

Believe me. You have no stalkers. Do the forum a favor, and beat it.
How do you explain you knowing the date of my convo with Vern? I know you won't be back to answer....

Can't you find a Michigan board? No one wants you here.

Since you can't mount your 450 pound wife, you probably know all about beating it.

Do the other conferences allow us to play less road games?

YES! BECAUSE BIG 12 REQUIRES 18 CONFERENCE GAMES FOR EVERY TEAM THAT ONLY LEAVES A DOZEN OR SO NON-CONFERENCE GAMES. IN OTHER CONFERENCES YOU CAN PLAY MORE RINKY-DINKY TEAMS AND BUILD UP A FAKE W-L RECORD. THAT'S WHY BIG 12 HAS SIX (6!!!) TEAMS IN TOP 25 EVEN THOUGH THEY COLLECTIVELY LOST 38 (!!!) GAMES. BECAUSE 30 (!!!) OF THOSE LOSSES WERE IN THE BIG 12, ONLY 8 IN NON-CONFERENCE GAMES WITH THE REST OF AMERICA! AWESOME BUT GREAT PREP FOR MARCH MADNESS WHERE BIG 12 COULD HAVE EVERY TEAM IN THE ELITE EIGHT, OR AT LEAST A MAJORITY OF THE ELITE EIGHT BRACKET SPOTS!

WV is no "victim."

WV has not been a so-called winner and powerhouse in the conference

Let the numbers provide a response to that:

25-10 in 2014-15 Big 12 4th at 11-7
26-9 in 2015-16 Big 12 2nd at 13-5
28-9 in 2016—17 Big 12 2nd at 12-6
26-21 in 2017-18 Big 12 2nd at 11-7
21-10 in 2019-20 Big 12 3rd at 9-9
19-10 in 2020-21 Big 12 3rd at 11-6
6 OF 9 SEASONS IS “THE BULK OF HUGGINS' BIG 12 CAREER” 2ND THRICE, 3RD TWICE, 4th ONCE.

FIVE 20-victories or more seasons. And you call that "not a so-called winner"?

6 OF 9 SEASONS IS “THE BULK OF HUGGINS' BIG 12 CAREER” 2ND THRICE, 3RD TWICE, 4th ONCE.

In THE CONFERENCE!!! Got it? Let’s not forget the win padding…the patsies. Take those away, then tell me about it with
some intelligence contained in your answer. Don’t forget, in THE CONFERENCE. Has WV been a knockout in the B12?

Reactions: Rootmaster
YES! BECAUSE BIG 12 REQUIRES 18 CONFERENCE GAMES FOR EVERY TEAM THAT ONLY LEAVES A DOZEN OR SO NON-CONFERENCE GAMES. IN OTHER CONFERENCES YOU CAN PLAY MORE RINKY-DINKY TEAMS AND BUILD UP A FAKE W-L RECORD. THAT'S WHY BIG 12 HAS SIX (6!!!) TEAMS IN TOP 25 EVEN THOUGH THEY COLLECTIVELY LOST 38 (!!!) GAMES. BECAUSE 30 (!!!) OF THOSE LOSSES WERE IN THE BIG 12, ONLY 8 IN NON-CONFERENCE GAMES WITH THE REST OF AMERICA! AWESOME BUT GREAT PREP FOR MARCH MADNESS WHERE BIG 12 COULD HAVE EVERY TEAM IN THE ELITE EIGHT, OR AT LEAST A MAJORITY OF THE ELITE EIGHT BRACKET SPOTS!
And you don't think Big 12 - 2 teams don't pad their won/loss record by loading up on rinky-dinky teams (see wvu).

In THE CONFERENCE!!! Got it? Let’s not forget the win padding…the patsies. Take those away, then tell me about it with
some intelligence contained in your answer. Don’t forget, in THE CONFERENCE. Has WV been a knockout in the B12?
They've had as many good moments as they have bad moments. Will it improve after Huggins leaves. Won't know until he does. Bob Huggins has beaten more ranked teams while coaching WVU than any coach before him.

Far from padding with patsies this year.

They've had as many good moments as they have bad moments. Will it improve after Huggins leaves. Won't know until he does. Bob Huggins has beaten more ranked teams while coaching WVU than any coach before him.

Far from padding with patsies this year.
21-3 in last two seasons prior to conference play says otherwise.

Reactions: tarponeer2003
Reminder of Huggins in Big 12:

6 OF 9 SEASONS IS “THE BULK OF HIS BIG 12 CAREER” 2ND THRICE, 3RD TWICE, 4th ONCE.

Reminder of Huggins in Big 12:

6 OF 9 SEASONS IS “THE BULK OF HIS BIG 12 CAREER” 2ND THRICE, 3RD TWICE, 4th ONCE.
Nice edit . Leave out all the negative stats. You are just like the Liar in Chief Slobbering Joe! Btw...wow didn't realize that the Mountaineers played 47 games in the 2017-18 season!!!! Must have as tiring as it has been knowing who you really are.

What was that record I saw posted…WV’s record over past five years in B12 competition? 32 wins, 53 losses. Impressive? Not, and totally unacceptable.

Bobby’s coaching health is in decline and has been really sliding these past two seasons.

Too, as someone else posted, that 32-53 B12 record comes it at a lowly 37%. I’m depressed.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Its a "what have you done for me lately" business, and Huggins has done very little of late. With Chris Beard available and likely on the cheap, our AD needs to move on that now and put Huggins out to pasture. This is the perfect season to do it, he can go out on a "high note" with either an NCAA bid or 1-3 NIT home games. His last objectively successful season saw the whole team run for the transfer portal and Euroball following a weak tournament appearance. Its over for him as a high level coach, if he wants to keep going he can pursue a midmajor job, he would probably like the politics of dealing with players at a CUSA program better at this stage of his career anyway.

Its a "what have you done for me lately" business, and Huggins has done very little of late. With Chris Beard available and likely on the cheap, our AD needs to move on that now and put Huggins out to pasture. This is the perfect season to do it, he can go out on a "high note" with either an NCAA bid or 1-3 NIT home games. His last objectively successful season saw the whole team run for the transfer portal and Euroball following a weak tournament appearance. Its over for him as a high level coach, if he wants to keep going he can pursue a midmajor job, he would probably like the politics of dealing with players at a CUSA program better at this stage of his career anyway.
Huggins will not be fired. He will more likely retire within the next 2 years.

Huggins will not be fired. He will more likely retire within the next 2 years.
You're probably right, and thats also why our AD has been stuck in the mud for 5 years now. If the new AD is anything other than a puppet he would force some kind of change.

You're probably right, and thats also why our AD has been stuck in the mud for 5 years now. If the new AD is anything other than a puppet he would force some kind of change.
Money talks. Huggins has big time support outside the University. Huggins raises big bucks for the University. I wish he would step down as well but it will be his choice when it happens.

Money talks. Huggins has big time support outside the University. Huggins raises big bucks for the University. I wish he would step down as well but it will be his choice when it happens.
Winning brings in bigger bucks

Huggs just needs better Jimmie’s and joes bottom line recruit better players. Stop taking projects and get some legit players. The portal is our friend start recruiting it. Spend money.

Huggs just needs better Jimmie’s and joes bottom line recruit better players. Stop taking projects and get some legit players. The portal is our friend start recruiting it. Spend money.
Just because they're in the portal doesn't mean they're coming here. People act like WVU doesn't even talk to them. You can recruit them until your blue in the face but if better offers come they are gone. If WVU is recruiting them then other schools will come looking. People act like it's so easy.

Or does it say conference is tougher?

Let me know what teams don't play any cupcakes?
Your post says that since the conference is tough then games in conference are the yardstick. WVU under Huggs has not measured up well on that yardstick. I, for one, am tired of giving our coaches a pass for producing less than mediocre results.

Reactions: tarponeer2003

YOU WANT A WIFE-BEATER FOR OUR COACH? I'M NOT THAT DESPERATE!

YOU WANT A WIFE-BEATER FOR OUR COACH? I'M NOT THAT DESPERATE!
Wife beater? Don't think a ring was on her finger, John.

We're not desperate for a coach. We don't have to go to a desperation extent, but don't you think Chris Beard will come out of this entire situation a better man, a better human being?

A man of his ability, with a talent for structuring young men in a disciplined game, producing winners probably in the game of life, too. Look at the second chancers who permeate our society. Chris Beard deserves a second chance, and if WV can (and does have that opportunity), man, I am all for it.

He can beat all he wants in these hills. Not women, but basketball opponents in the B12. I think he would love a crack at Texas. Personally, I would love it, too.

Last edited:
How do you explain you knowing the date of my convo with Vern? I know you won't be back to answer....

Can't you find a Michigan board? No one wants you here.

Since you can't mount your 450 pound wife, you probably know all about beating it.
back to answer your questions. . .

there's a search function available to users on this site. search vernon delivers ass-beating, and 9-20-22 pops up.

yes, there's multiple Michigan boards, three decent ones, although I'm a subscriber to 247.

my wife is 5' 2", weighs 116 lbs.

now answer my question you avoided from yesterday, which was, do you even know what your problem is?

Last edited:
I'm praying he steps down at the end of year or is forced to.
I remember when you were one of the bigger defender of Huggins. What's changed? Genuine question. You always seemed to be one of his biggest supporters on here.

I remember when you were one of the bigger defender of Huggins. What's changed? Genuine question. You always seemed to be one of his biggest supporters on here.
You can be a fan of a coach and also understand their time is done.

Love Huggins, he will be synonymous with WVU hoops forever, but he’s old and out of touch with today’s player. He’s not the worst coach out there as our teams are somewhat competitive, but with what we have invested in him, the program, and at a pivotal juncture of college sports where we are either going to adapt or die, Huggins just isn’t it anymore.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT