ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD Official Game Thread -- WVU vs. Texas Tech

Happy with the win but we really got vanilla in the second half on offense. Will missed a few easy throws.
There were some drops. I think we were concentrating on running clock and the offense lost sync. That resulted in leaving the defense on the field too much. Had a few stupid penalties too. This was almost last year's Texas Tech game in reverse, when they had an 18 point lead in the 3rd, and they went flat and lost to us 46-35.

And we were a luck pick 6 away from squandering a 25 point 2nd half lead. Squeaking by should against a 3rd string freshman shouldn't make you puff your chest out. It should concern you.

Why is it luck? Why is it not a player being well coached to be in the right place and making a good play?

Never take your foot offen the happy pedal. Coaches should understand that your continue to run what made you successful in the first place. Warez
THey did and TTU adapted to what we were trying to do. ALso, the change in QBs threw the defense for a bit of a loop. You game plan or a pocket passer and then have to adjust on the fly to a new scheme.

Just keep digging! LOL!

I don't get it. It wasn't like we beat a top 25 team on the road in a hard fraught battle. Their mistakes and WVU's execution gave the Mountaineers a comfortable lead. In a game of 2 relatively evenly matched teams, a 35-10 half time score should result in the leading team cruising to a victory. So the fact that it was close says despite Tech playing better, WVU also played much worse than expected for the entire 2nd half. That is reflected in the penalties, dropped passes, missed blocking assignments. I'm glad we won, but anyone can see that WVU made a lot of mistakes and played pretty sloppy for over 1 half of football. That is not going to cut it when the meat of the schedule comes up. Same thing happened against KSU, just the Wildcats had a much worse offense than TTU. Hence, I don't get why people get so defensive and feel they have to attack other fans that say WVU has not played a solid game from start to finish all year. Or that WVU did not play like the 12th best team in the country today. Or that if WVU truly wants to compete for a league title, playing below potential needs to be few and far between rather than 1/3 - 1/2 of every game.

Never take your foot offen the happy pedal. Coaches should understand that your continue to run what made you successful in the first place. Warez
Agreed 100% boss...wherein the hell you been lately anyway? ....re: today....it's a W for the good guys...I will take it anyday! Although they had me nervous for a bit...let's destroy Kansas...

Long whiffed on a shoulder tackle on the 4th down play. Terrible. WRAP UP
They are scared to hit quarterback!!! Looked like he was gonna run out of bounds so we pull back. These new rules have defenses scared to be aggressive in certain situations.

Reactions: torontoeers
Agreed 100% boss...wherein the hell you been lately anyway? ....re: today....it's a W for the good guys...I will take it anyday! Although they had me nervous for a bit...let's destroy Kansas...

Toronto, how you been brother?

Isnt this pickle harvest season?

Toronto, how you been brother?

Isnt this pickle harvest season?
I'm here brother! Livin large! And watching this battle of pedophiles vs wife abusers?!? Things are good? Trying to get something organized for a stopover in your neck of the woods for 3 diff't game wknds in late Oct/Nov yet nary a Pens or Sabres game to be found to tie it all in over the 3-4 days for Baylor, TCU, or Sooners...strange!

TorontoEERs...........ole son................Warez is always lurking just around the corner. You are doing a good job and that is why I have been lying low. Send Holgs three buckets of red hot pickles just prior to the Kansas game. Send Airport two buckets. Airport is outta werk and needs something to pick him up. Warez

Reactions: torontoeers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT