ADVERTISEMENT

New Big East Proposal

JohnnyDrama388

Sophomore
Mar 23, 2015
I appreciate being in the Big 12 and enjoy playing competitive teams almost every week in football and basketball, however the geography is just too much to overcome. We need rivalries that are close in proximity. What kills me the most about the new conference alignment is how is took away all of our great ones. Pitt, VT, Louisville, Penn St, exct exct THESE ARE WHO WE SHOULD BE SHARING A CONFERENCE WITH OR AT THE VERY LEAST PLAYING ANNUALLY.

Big East North
1.) WVU
2.) Penn St
3.) Pitt
4.) Syracuse
5.) Rutgers
6.) UConn

Big East South
1.) Virginia Tech
2.) Louisville
3.) Kentucky
4.) Cincinnati
5.) East Carolina
6.) Memphis

+Georgetown and Villanova for a 14 team basketball conference.

We would have a good, competitive football conference (especially once Beamer leaves VT and Franklin turns around PSU) and a GREAT basketball conference (UK, Louisville, UConn, Syracuse, Memphis, Villanova, exct?!?!)

START A MOVEMENT TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN. WE NEED A CZAR.[/B]

This post was edited on 4/7 4:29 PM by JohnnyDrama388

This post was edited on 4/7 4:31 PM by JohnnyDrama388

groundhog-day-bill-murray-6.jpg

Nice to dream, but ...

As of now and for the foreseeable future that is all but impossible. While dreaming I recommend ditching Connecticut, Memphis, and ECU.

I love posts like this

They remind me that even as screwed up as I happen to be in this best of all worlds, I'm in significantly better condition than some.

We need a few minnows for football, thus UConn and Memphis. However, both of those schools have great bball programs so they balance out in the end.

ECU is a sleeping giant. Big fan base, fertile recruiting area, underrated stadium, ...all they need is the golden ticket to a major conference.

Originally posted by JohnnyDrama388:
We need a few minnows for football, thus UConn and Memphis. However, both of those schools have great bball programs so they balance out in the end.

ECU is a sleeping giant. Big fan base, fertile recruiting area, underrated stadium, ...all they need is the golden ticket to a major conference.
I think you should be JohnnyNUTS. It is impossible. ECU isn't a sleeping giant...just sleeping. We don't need cream puffs on the schedule. We need to get better on all FOUR sides of the ball (that would be offense, defense, special teams and coaching).

Lmao! Hilarious. I'm sure Penn State is salivating at this genius proposal to leave the most stable, highest earning Big 10 conference for a new Big East guided by the clueless and inept Providence leadership. And Kentucky would love to leave the greatest athletic conference (SEC)in America to join as well. Great idea! And ECU a sleeping giant? Lmao! By far, the post of the day. Congrats!

You would rather be in an irrelevant conference playing irrelevant teams like those?

Originally posted by ThePunish-EER:
To make it even crazier, can we add Notre Dame again in all sports except for football?
......and don't forget to grant the Irish the right of first choice in choosing any bowl game or the future conference championship game in which the Big XII Conference participates.
laugh.r191677.gif

The new pied piper of our idiot board.

That conference couldn't last 3 years before falling apart. Geography hasn't been a problem at all IMO in the B12. You are going to give up playing Texas, KSU, Oklahoma, and TCU for Rutgers, Syracuse, Pitt, and UConn - Please. Fans are not interested in old Big East Rivalries.

"geography is just too much to overcome"

Never has a more idiotic statement been uttered on this board....
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Re: I love posts like this

Originally posted by COOL MAN:
They remind me that even as screwed up as I happen to be in this best of all worlds, I'm in significantly better condition than some.
LMAO...+1! Chitown Johnny is seriously touched...WOW!

Originally posted by JohnnyDrama388:
I appreciate being in the Big 12 and enjoy playing competitive teams almost every week in football and basketball, however the geography is just too much to overcome. We need rivalries that are close in proximity. What kills me the most about the new conference alignment is how is took away all of our great ones. Pitt, VT, Louisville, Penn St, exct exct THESE ARE WHO WE SHOULD BE SHARING A CONFERENCE WITH OR AT THE VERY LEAST PLAYING ANNUALLY.

Big East North
1.) WVU
2.) Penn St
3.) Pitt
4.) Syracuse
5.) Rutgers
6.) UConn

Big East South
1.) Virginia Tech
2.) Louisville
3.) Kentucky
4.) Cincinnati
5.) East Carolina
6.) Memphis

+Georgetown and Villanova for a 14 team basketball conference.

We would have a good, competitive football conference (especially once Beamer leaves VT and Franklin turns around PSU) and a GREAT basketball conference (UK, Louisville, UConn, Syracuse, Memphis, Villanova, exct?!?!)

START A MOVEMENT TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN. WE NEED A CZAR.[/B]

This post was edited on 4/7 4:29 PM by JohnnyDrama388

This post was edited on 4/7 4:31 PM by JohnnyDrama388

Would it still be worth playing those teams if our income was cut from 25-30 million a year to 10-15 million a year ? Because that's exactly what would happen. No thanks.

Originally posted by PaintedontheSky:
Originally posted by ThePunish-EER:
To make it even crazier, can we add Notre Dame again in all sports except for football?
......and don't forget to grant the Irish the right of first choice in choosing any bowl game or the future conference championship game in which the Big XII Conference participates.
laugh.r191677.gif
as well as the right to give 6 months notice to leave when everyone else has to give 27 months.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT