ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 atop the heap again. Big 10, SEC suck!

Lol really that’s your take? It’s their Catholicism and locations? Gonzaga is an annual top seed and has broken through to two Final Fours since 2017, they have done an excellent job thinking outside the box and tapping into overseas recruiting to keep up with schools with much more resources. There are so many crap Catholic basketball schools in this country, if it was that simple to tap into Catholic school recruiting, they would all do it. As for UConn, if what they have done is so easy then why does every other NYC area (and New England for that manner) school suck? Let’s also keep in mind that there was speculation the rich and mighty UConn was flirting with having to shut down athletics because of how far in the red they were, primarily due to football.

You’re picking random reasons and running with it because you’re a defeatist. There is no defined reason we can’t be a basketball power, there are now countless different ways to build a competitive roster because of the new transfer rules and NIL, just because the obvious “we’ll just outpay everyone” avenue isn’t available to us like it would be to a Kentucky or some SEC programs, does not mean our program cannot thrive.

WVU has recently been ranked 20th in terms of licensing sales, over schools like Kansas and Clemson.

WVU as a large school has over 200k alumni.

WVU has recently ranked 29th in MBB attendance with a very small immediate market to sell tickets to and mediocre results.

WVU’s location is basically western PA, being about 15 minutes from the border, with manageable drives to Pittsburgh, DC, Baltimore, Harrisburg, and Cleveland from campus if you’re gonna call Storrs, CT “the NYC area”. Pittsburgh under Dixon had a regular season run that we are more than capable of emulating.

New arena, new marketing, new basketball coach. That should be the springboard for a new era of WVU athletics. Turn the football program into KU football and throw a parade whenever it wins a g

You're a total fool. Uconn has a ton of grads working on wall street. The southwestern part of Connecticut is a bedroom community for NYC. Most of the schools in New England concentrate on academics and not athletics the best universitates in the country and the world are there. Gonzaga is good but not elite and they are able to retain coach's something Wvu can't do. Wvu doesn't have wealthy donors like Miami that are willing to shell out big bucks for players to come here. Elite coach's will only use this place as a steppingstone on the way up. Elite recruits won't come here get a clue fool.

You're a total fool. Uconn has a ton of grads working on wall street. The southwestern part of Connecticut is a bedroom community for NYC. Most of the schools in New England concentrate on academics and not athletics the best universitates in the country and the world are there. Gonzaga is good but not elite and they are able to retain coach's something Wvu can't do. Wvu doesn't have wealthy donors like Miami that are willing to shell out big bucks for players to come here. Elite coach's will only use this place as a steppingstone on the way up. Elite recruits won't come here get a clue fool.

Lol UConn is a Wall Street school now? And not just any Wall Street school, the only “NYC area” school that has alumni on Wall Street that cares about sports? As someone who lives near NYC, that’s a ridiculous take, but not surprised you have invented another reason to support your self hating agenda. They have about 40k more alumni with a per capita alumni income of about $10k higher than WVU, not taking into consideration the amount of alumni that live in WV and therefore have a much lower cost of living. These are all crap numbers compared to a school like Rutgers who has twice the amount of alumni and earning more per graduate than UConn and still sucks at sports and the NIL game, but that doesn’t support your agenda. The real reason UConn has had a resurgence is they stopped bowing to the football alter and put their eggs back into the Men’s Basketball basket, which is something we are more than capable of doing.

I guess Huggins being here for 15 years doesn’t mean anything. Yea he’s a little over the hill now but he delivered for us in his prime. We can find another good coach and get them to stay.

Last edited:
Lol UConn is a Wall Street school now? And not just any Wall Street school, the only “NYC area” school that has alumni on Wall Street that cares about sports? As someone who lives near NYC, that’s a ridiculous take, but not surprised you have invented another reason to support your self hating agenda. They have about 40k more alumni with a per capita alumni income of about $10k higher than WVU, not taking into consideration the amount of alumni that live in WV and therefore have a much lower cost of living. These are all crap numbers compared to a school like Rutgers who has twice the amount of alumni and earning more per graduate than UConn and still sucks at sports and the NIL game, but that doesn’t support your agenda. The real reason UConn has had a resurgence is they stopped bowing to the football alter and put their eggs back into the Men’s Basketball basket, which is something we are more than capable of doing.

I guess Huggins being here for 15 years doesn’t mean anything. Yea he’s a little over the hill now but he delivered for us in his prime. We can find another good coach and get them to stay.
Your idea is an interesting one, but pounding it into the ground on a message board isn't going to increase the possibility that your idea will become a reality. I don't expect the biggest donors and decision-makers in Morgantown to walk away from football to make your dream a reality. Do you?

Reactions: xWVU2010x
Your idea is an interesting one, but pounding it into the ground on a message board isn't going to increase the possibility that your idea will become a reality. I don't expect the biggest donors and decision-makers in Morgantown to walk away from football to make your dream a reality. Do you?

It’s fine to disagree, just don’t make shit up to support your argument. Guy is making it seem like we’re Robert Morris and UConn is Texas because of their NYC suburb alumni…

we have never been elite in basketball either and nothing suggests we can
“…NEVER….”???
I beg to differ with you. I believe we were quite elite in the mid 50’s to mid 60’s. The Hundley, West, Thorne, Fritz era was quite special and had us considered with those now considered the “ blue-bloods”. Our coaching tailed off drastically with Sonny Moran, ‘Bucky’, & Jody Gardner. Clawed back a little with Gale but never, IMO, regained what we had with Schaus.

Guess how many times the coliseum has been filled to capacity? Never.
I guess I must have imagined all of those games where you couldn’t get in when I was a student if you didn’t arrive early enough, combined with “sold” and “out” being advertised by the school for big games against ranked opponents.

I guess I must have imagined all of those games where you couldn’t get in when I was a student if you didn’t arrive early enough, combined with “sold” and “out” being advertised by the school for big games against ranked opponents.
Student allocation is different from seats for general public.

Sold out doesn't mean attended. Nice try. You can always find at least one empty seat at a basketball game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT