ADVERTISEMENT

Negative Expansion News

IMHO, UT and OU think of themselves as big dogs and control the B12. Big dogs usually don't like to bruise their egos by becoming also rans in other conferences. I think they stay where they their mega egos can survive...B12.

Big dogs won't to run and fight with other big dogs. You actually described a bully running roughshod over lesser programs. The egos will actually drive the Big 12 over a cliff if Conference doesn't entice a couple PAC 12 teams to come over.

Indisputable fact: ESPN is in much deeper trouble than the Big 12.
Finebaum, too, if ESPN keeps jettisoning on-air talent to stop the $$$ bloodletting.

Dumb dumb....... ESPN made $4 billion fiscal year over year. So China announces econ growth is 7% and markets go down because they aren't at 12%. ESPN is China dumb dumb.

I am frustrated as well that Texas and Oklahoma make Big 12 policy. However, if we were in the ACC, we'd be saying the same thing with UNC and Duke running the show...or in the Big 10 where Ohio State and Michigan dictate policy.

None of this is new to WVU. When we were independent, Penn State dictated to its eastern football partners. And in the Big East, first Miami, then later Notre Dame and the Catholic schools dictated to us. Then when we agreed to bond as a unit with Pitt and Syracuse, they undercut us to go to the ACC.

My point is that wherever we go, we will need the help of other schools who are in a position to wield power. Oliver Luck had a keen understanding of this situation.

You proved to me you know nothing about the ACC! Literally nothing. You also proved to me you know nothing about Pitt and Cuse leaving Big East. Literally nothing.

I have never posted anything positive or negative about Holgorsen and yet I am his disciple? I do believe his first name is Dana not Fluffer. Have you ever done anything other than post negative stuff about WVU, its staff and the B12? Unlike you I went to WVU and obtained a degree, and am a fan of their sports teams. I am right that you meet the definition of a troll. As for OU, nothing is going to happen for a while. If OU wants to leave and does, the sun will still rise the next day. If the B12 breaks up, WVU will be fine. Worry about what you can control, not what you can't. As for thought process, perhaps that is a subject that you are not qualified to discuss.
I got my degree from wvu in 79. We really know you got yours in Huntington. I have given much credit to Huggins and mazey 2 people that actually earn their paychecks.The big 12 is a joke and the only one's who don't know it are the homer trolls like yourself.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
You lost your mojo buds! I posted many things told to me but not all. I stated all along that Texas and/or Oklahoma were not interested in extending GOR. And that they had no interest in expansion. Of course I was attacked by low grade tools like you. Now I heard something last week from the same contacts that is a problem for Texas and the Big 12. So the LHN is officially a total bust and bleeding money from ESPN like a guy with his leg cut off by a chainsaw. What was once thought to be a contractual nightmare for ESPN locking them in til the 30s is not totally the case. Now ESPN is looking at being on the hook through 26-28. Presto! No GOR extension a year or two ago.

So while you play low grade site tough guy I provide stuff that I can share occasionally. The objective guys that have read my posts know I state what I hear when I can post it. Go back a read my posts on expansion. I called it and it wasn't an accident things went down with outcomes like I posted. Very close contact with a FOX exec, ESPN exec and a NYC partner of a Soorts Marketing firm. Why does that intimidate you? All you do is soil threads like a 12 year old.
Nice fantasy world you live in Greg. Since you believe in your fantasy, shouldn't we all. Thanks for the laughs Pitt boy.

Reactions: jmitch61
Big dogs won't to run and fight with other big dogs. You actually described a bully running roughshod over lesser programs. The egos will actually drive the Big 12 over a cliff if Conference doesn't entice a couple PAC 12 teams to come over.
My response was in regard to UT and/or OU leaving the B12. The B12 prospering or surviving is another matter. However, the B12 enticing other teams from other power 5 conferences is IMHO a pipe dream.

My response was in regard to UT and/or OU leaving the B12. The B12 prospering or surviving is another matter. However, the B12 enticing other teams from other power 5 conferences is IMHO a pipe dream.

Ok fair. Also I wasn't saying Big12 will get a couple of PAC12 teams and all is good. I'm saying they need to or the Big12 is in real danger.

Nice fantasy world you live in Greg. Since you believe in your fantasy, shouldn't we all. Thanks for the laughs Pitt boy.

You are very disappointing and have embarrassed yourself for the entire site to see. You have no friends here because you offer literally no value to this site. Have a good day son.

You are very disappointing and have embarrassed yourself for the entire site to see. You have no friends here because you offer literally no value to this site. Have a good day son.
Despite having a thousand less posts, I have way more likes than you. So who has a friend issue? Of coarse the opinion of a Pitt fan of me means nothing. And Greg you have a nice day also.

Reactions: Brookecountyeer
Despite having a thousand less posts, I have way more likes than you. So who has a friend issue? Of coarse the opinion of a Pitt fan of me means nothing. And Greg you have a nice day also.

I said friends slow poke. I didn't say likes. By the way I have thousands of likes on my HB. Here's the kicker. I'm not a homer so I post what I believe, know or hear from contacts. That creates conflict there because there are homer tools like you or worse haters which you obviously aren't. I don't play geek HB cop and tough guy on HB like you do. That's why it's so hilarious trolling a tool like you.

You're the zit that won't go away.

I said friends slow poke. I didn't say likes. By the way I have thousands of likes on my HB. Here's the kicker. I'm not a FAN so I post what I believe, I know nothing about or hear from contacts. That creates conflict there because there are homer tools like you or worse haters which you obviously aren't. I don't play geek HB cop and tough guy on HB like you do. That's why it's so hilarious trolling a tool like you.

You're the zit that won't go away.
I actually am a fan of WVU sports. If that makes me a homer in your eyes, I wont loss sleep over it. Not sure how one is a tough guy on a anonymous message board. But if I have hurt your delicate feelings by pointing out you are a Pitt fan, I am sorry. I would be embarrassed to if I were a Pitt fan.

I actually am a fan of WVU sports. If that makes me a homer in your eyes, I wont loss sleep over it. Not sure how one is a tough guy on a anonymous message board. But if I have hurt your delicate feelings by pointing out you are a Pitt fan, I am sorry. I would be embarrassed to if I were a Pitt fan.

That's a little better. Why do you follow me around and call me names.

Plus you change post to make yourself feel better. Truly low grade talent.

LOL. You are making Greg's point for him. Check your dictionary.
Thanks Root, not sure how I will live with myself misspelling a word. Of course this validates Greg's point that the B12 and everyone in it sucks and is the worst thing that has happened to WVU. It is not like we have nationally ranked teams in men's and women's basketball, football and soccer. Maybe one day our athletic programs will be on par with Pitt. One can only hope.

Last edited:
Thanks Root, not sure how I will live with myself misspelling a word. Of course this validates Greg's point that the B12 and everyone in it sucks and is the worst thing that has happened to WVU. It is not like we have nationally ranked teams in men's and women's basketball, football and soccer. Maybe one day our athletic programs will be on par with Pitt. One can only hope.

Not everyone. 5 or 6 programs are very good to solid. You literally make shitt up about posts that aren't even true. You really are a loser.

The only thing that matters is football and basketball ya beta bitchhh

I got my degree from wvu in 79. We really know you got yours in Huntington. I have given much credit to Huggins and mazey 2 people that actually earn their paychecks.The big 12 is a joke and the only one's who don't know it are the homer trolls like yourself.
Through all of the jibberwash in this thread and many others you have 'contributed' to, I know one thing quite clearly...you are definitely the biggest douche know nothing flamer I have seen in some time...no idea on how you still exist here....congrats for hangin in there Spookmeister! You go girl!

Reactions: hbeacheer
Through all of the jibberwash in this thread and many others you have 'contributed' to, I know one thing quite clearly...you are definitely the biggest douche know nothing flamer I have seen in some time...no idea on how you still exist here....congrats for hangin in there Spookmeister! You go girl!

Why so hostile about an obvious perspective that most non Big12 homers agree with?

Last edited:
Reactions: Spookycat2002

Typical light weight Big 12 homer response. You add nothing like always. Why don't you tell us the national perception of the Big 12? Oh yeah I forgot you're in Canada so what would you know to begin with. The big 12 is the biggest joke of the power 5 and everyone wants out whether or not they admit it or not. Its become so bad that even writers in the Mac spend their time writing articles about Oklahoma to the mac. Pretty outrageous but hey its the Big 12 right?

http://www.hustlebelt.com/2017/5/12...-12-and-joining-the-mac-could-it-happen-texas

Oklahoma to the mac. Has a nice ring to it. Surprised this hasn't turned into a thread.

Sadly the Big12 is so pathetic from a leadership standpoint anything is possible. I can see Oklahoma playing at Toledo on a September Friday night! That place would be rocking. Sure beats going to
Ames, Iowa or anywhere in Kansas. Wonder if they could get Oklahoma State in the MAC with them.

Reactions: Spookycat2002
Until 2025 any expansion talk is just that "talk". The only information out there right now is opinions. Which are mostly based on rumors and out of context facts/statements.

Although it can be somewhat interesting debating the expansion topic during the off season. It's starting to become boring and about played out. IMO

Well the Big12 sucks in football and underachieves in hoops. I give this conference no better than 50/50 surviving past this current contract.

Sadly the Big12 is so pathetic from a leadership standpoint anything is possible. I can see Oklahoma playing at Toledo on a September Friday night! That place would be rocking. Sure beats going to
Ames, Iowa or anywhere in Kansas. Wonder if they could get Oklahoma State in the MAC with them.
You are trying to hard Greg. Reread your post out loud and hear your stupidity first hand. Trolling is all you know. Sad.

Reactions: hbeacheer
You are trying to hard Greg. Reread your post out loud and hear your stupidity first hand. Trolling is all you know. Sad.

It's true man! The Big12 is the ugly red-headed step child. No hack on WVU! WVU had no choice but to join the Texas/Oklahoma play pen. But just because WVU is in the Big12 doesn't mean people should lie to themselves like you Big12 homers do. You are stubborn and dumb. But I like chatting with you.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
It's true man! The Big12 is the ugly red-headed step child. No hack on WVU! WVU had no choice but to join the Texas/Oklahoma play pen. But just because WVU is in the Big12 doesn't mean people should lie to themselves like you Big12 homers do. You are stubborn and dumb. But I like chatting with you.
I am dumb? Oklahoma to the MAC. That is the dumbest thing I have read on this board. That is saying something with these Penn State deniers on here.

Reactions: GoWVU
I am dumb? Oklahoma to the MAC. That is the dumbest thing I have read on this board. That is saying something with these Penn State deniers on here.

Dude the thread was referring to an article that talked about that possibility. Plus don't be so sensitive! Come on man lighten up!!!

Dude the thread was referring to an article that talked about that possibility. Plus don't be so sensitive! Come on man lighten up!!!
I am sensitive? No, just pointing out how ridiculous you are for spouting that a top 10 team will be playing in the MAC. It really is funny that anyone would post this type of total stupidity. Are you that desperate to troll this site that you have to embarrass yourself like this? I kind of feel sorry for you.

I am sensitive? No, just pointing out how ridiculous you are for spouting that a top 10 team will be playing in the MAC. It really is funny that anyone would post this type of total stupidity. Are you that desperate to troll this site that you have to embarrass yourself like this? I kind of feel sorry for you.

Don't feel sorry for me. Living the dream. Been out of my parent's basement for well over a year. MAC hahahaha. Man you get rustled easily. I haven't trolled anything except your ridiculous personality as a Big12 homer and a couple of disgusting Penn State cultist trying to bring their Peddy stain here.

Don't feel sorry for me. Living the dream. Been out of my parent's basement for well over a year. MAC hahahaha. Man you get rustled easily. I haven't trolled anything except your ridiculous personality as a Big12 homer and a couple of disgusting Penn State cultist trying to bring their Peddy stain here.
Hard to believe the Penn State fans are in such denial. Remember this is an anonymous sports message board. Hard to get rustled up about anything posted on here.

Not exactly accurate. ESPN pays the Big 12, so anything affecting ESPN affects the Big 12 as well. Also, ESPN isn't losing money. They still make a profit. It's just not as big a profit as they were making 5 or 10 years ago.
ESPN is losing income fast, and everyone knows the next round of TV money could go lower in part because ESPN overpaid. ESPN has been the driving force in charge behind closed doors. Im always careful to read anti Big 12 stories from ESPN because the Big 12 continues hurt there idea of not having four 16 team conferences. Just yesterday UST Today did a story on how the Big 12's income continues to out perform the ACC by a wide margin even when they win National Titles. Note, ESPN didn't write that story. Also, not sure ESPN was really supportive of Big 12 expanding. Bottom line, some of these stories are political in nature.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT