ADVERTISEMENT

Negative Expansion News

I agree, but not sure what the ACC payout is like compared to the Big 12. Maybe topdecktiger(I assume he is a Clemson guy) can give us those TV break outs?

Payouts this year favor Big12 over ACC. I think the main issues are future security and WVU stuck playing in places far from traditional partners.

Reactions: AllEers6 and 5150
First of all, I haven't "admitted" anything. If you would have paid attention, you would have noticed this statement I made two days ago:

I clearly referenced the Virginia situation. The previous post was not the first time I referenced the Virginia situation, so you are factually incorrect.

Now, let me get to your one legitimate point. You asked if the process is so rational, then why is West Virginia flying to the Midwest for games? Well, that's because the process is only conference-by-conference. For example, the SEC did not get permission from the Big Ten to expand. The SEC did not ask the Big Ten if there would be any problem taking Texas A&M and Missouri. The SEC did not ask if West Virginia or South Florida would be inconvenienced by SEC expansion. The SEC simply identified the most valuable teams for its conference, and took those teams. They don't care what happens to teams not in their conference.

Each conference acts in its own self interest. There isn't some larger entity that controls expansion so the process is orderly for all of college football. Each conference simply takes the teams that give it the most value. The SEC felt Texas A&M and Missouri were the most valuable, so they took those teams. The Big Ten felt Rutgers and Maryland were the most valuable, so they took those teams. The Pac 12 felt Utah and Colorado were the most valuable, so they took those teams. The ACC felt Pittsburgh and Syracuse were the most valuable, so they took those teams. It's literally no more complicated than that.

You have this idea that there is some overarching governing body that controls which schools go into which conference. It simply doesn't work that way. Each conference is autonomous, and decided what would be in its own self-interest. They don't worry about accommodating schools that aren't in their league.

The rest of your post was simply a pure emotional response. It wasn't rational or logical. You keep getting mad at the ACC, but as I pointed out, the SEC would also be a good fit for West Virginia, but the SEC didn't take West Virginia either. The fact that neither conference took West Virginia shows that it wasn't just the ACC being "stuck up." It shows that the two closest conferences simply felt they could get more money by taking other teams. Lashing out emotionally isn't going to solve anything for you. It certainly won't help you analyze the situation logically.

This post is a perfect example of how the ACC people look down on West Virginia fans. They don't respect our opinions and when we do have an opinion they just always say, "your wrong." Gives us the feeling of "just go sit in the corner and shut up because we are smarter then you". This is how BC and Syracuse fans have always treated us along with the ACC fans. This is why I hope we never get an offer from the ACC.

Btw, you know the world is crazy when a Clemson fan starts talking down to you because from an academic stand point WVU is better.

This post is a perfect example of how the ACC people look down on West Virginia fans. They don't respect our opinions and when we do have an opinion they just always say, "your wrong." Gives us the feeling of "just go sit in the corner and shut up because we are smarter then you". This is how BC and Syracuse fans have always treated us along with the ACC fans. This is why I hope we never get an offer from the ACC.

Btw, you know the world is crazy when a Clemson fan starts talking down to you because from an academic stand point WVU is better.

The funny thing is, I have two Clemson and two NC State grads who work for me. I had another firm in Virginia who approached us to team up with them and some other firms to go after some lab work with VDOT. Seven of the eight firms were owned by WVU grads. So let them look down on us as we sign their pay checks.

Reactions: AllEers6 and 5150
The funny thing is, I have two Clemson and two NC State grads who work for me. I had another firm in Virginia who approached us to team up with them and some other firms to go after some lab work with VDOT. Seven of the eight firms were owned by WVU grads. So let them look down on us as we sign their pay checks.
Maybe topdecktiger can go to work of you? lol

Opinion and fact are two different things. You can't get mad at someone disputing your opinion when the facts show otherwise.

Your just talking down to people! Go back to the ACC boards!

No, I'm not talking down to people. The other poster was saying things that are factually incorrect, and I could demonstrate that with evidence. Disputing claims that have no factual basis is not talking down to anyone.

No, I'm not talking down to people. The other poster was saying things that are factually incorrect, and I could demonstrate that with evidence. Disputing claims that have no factual basis is not talking down to anyone.

Well Clemson Tiger Boy, some of the things he was saying was right. We all lived those days and it was a very nervous time for us here because we were very much unsure if we would still be playing at an elite level. So, you can come on here and tell us what you think, but we actually lived this stuff. We were all stuck to message boards like this one trying to figure out our future because we felt like it was in question.

My one big memory was where we all were waiting on the big meeting where the big East was going to offer Miami a big chunk if money to stay, and they just showed up gave a speech and basically left before we could give them our offer.

Last edited:
Well Clemson Tiger Boy, some of the things he was saying was right. We all lived those days and it was a very nervous time for us here because we were very much unsure if we would still be playing at an elite level. So, you can come on here and tell us what you think, but we actually lived this stuff. We were all stuck to message boards like this one trying to figure out our future because we felt like it was in question.

My one big memory was where we all were waiting on the big meeting where the big East was going to offer Miami a big chunk if money to stay, and they just showed up gave a speech and basically left before we could give them our offer.

No, he wasn't right. You being nervous about what was happening doesn't mean what he said was factually correct. It can be proven to the contrary.

No, he wasn't right. You being nervous about what was happening doesn't mean what he said was factually correct. It can be proven to the contrary.

Im telling you I was nervous as well! I lived that crap, we didn't know for sure if we were still going to compete at a high level. I was on this message board looking for any positive news.

So, stop looking down at us! Stop telling us how we should or should not feel about things. We lived it!!

Im telling you I was nervous as well! I lived that crap, we didn't know for sure if we were still going to compete at a high level. I was on this message board looking for any positive news.

So, stop looking down at us! Stop telling us how we should or should not feel about things. We lived it!!

I'm not telling you how you should feel about things. How you feel doesn't change the facts.

Let me give you one example. The other poster claims that the Big East had to sue to remain in the BCS. Well, that is simply NOT TRUE. That is 100% false, and it can be easily proven. The lawsuit was against the ACC and the departing school for damages. I linked to an article describing the settlement of the case. This assertion that the Big East had to sue to remain in the BCS is simply false.

You can't just make up something that isn't true just because of how you feel.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
No. I have a no asshole rule. I just won't hire them.

I find it almost impossible to believe you own or manage anything. I don't want to come off to harshly but I seriously question your intellect and maturity. I mean you rarely engage in substance. You just go thread-to-thread looking for trouble. You literally are a troll on your own home board.

I've made my call.......I don't believe you!!!

LOL. Good stuff! You're officially my favorite poster!!!

I'm not telling you how you should feel about things. How you feel doesn't change the facts.

Let me give you one example. The other poster claims that the Big East had to sue to remain in the BCS. Well, that is simply NOT TRUE. That is 100% false, and it can be easily proven. The lawsuit was against the ACC and the departing school for damages. I linked to an article describing the settlement of the case. This assertion that the Big East had to sue to remain in the BCS is simply false.

You can't just make up something that isn't true just because of how you feel.

I think he's messin!!! God help him if he isn't.

topdecktiger just give it up you won't win any points on this board.

Only on a WVU board would 183 be better than 66

According to US News University Rankings

Clemson - #66 (tie) in National Universities
WVU - #183 (tie) in National Universities

Yep. Clemson is a better school! I have a good friend that runs a plant in SC and he said the Clemson Engineer grads were not the brightest bulbs in the room.

Last edited:
Yep. Clemson is a better school! I have a good friend that runs a plant in SC and he said the Clemson Engineer grads were not the brightest bulbs in the room.
They have improve a lot of the years since I graduated. The Va. Tech grads are the ones that are not very good. All theory with no common sense. I also have a Cal. Poly and U Texas grad working for me.

Good grief...this is boring, tiresome and child like. This thread has now become the poster child for juvenile responses. If you have to gauge how far you p..., then go PM and just stop. lol

Last edited:
topdecktiger just give it up you won't win any points on this board.

Only on a WVU board would 183 be better than 66

According to US News University Rankings

Clemson - #66 (tie) in National Universities
WVU - #183 (tie) in National Universities

Can't wait to read the spin on this one.

Not exactly accurate. ESPN pays the Big 12, so anything affecting ESPN affects the Big 12 as well. Also, ESPN isn't losing money. They still make a profit. It's just not as big a profit as they were making 5 or 10 years ago.

How's this for accuracy?

ESPN is losing millions of subscribers and viewers that add up to billions of dollars a year in losses and is on the hook for tens of billions of dollars in sports rights costs in the years ahead.

Every single day this year ESPN has lost roughly 10,000 cable and satellite subscribers.

Per Nielsen’s most recent estimates ESPN now has 87,859,000 cable and satellite subscribers. That’s a loss of over 13 million cable and satellite subscribers in the past several years, costing ESPN in the neighborhood of $1.3 billion dollars per year.

Check it out for yourself at

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-profit-plummets-as-network-turns-left-020817/

How's this for accuracy?

ESPN is losing millions of subscribers and viewers that add up to billions of dollars a year in losses and is on the hook for tens of billions of dollars in sports rights costs in the years ahead.

Every single day this year ESPN has lost roughly 10,000 cable and satellite subscribers.

Per Nielsen’s most recent estimates ESPN now has 87,859,000 cable and satellite subscribers. That’s a loss of over 13 million cable and satellite subscribers in the past several years, costing ESPN in the neighborhood of $1.3 billion dollars per year.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-profit-plummets-as-network-turns-left-020817/

Seems like you did your reaseach so I believe you're probably accurate. All good. With that said ESPN made $5 billion last year. They keep 80% of their profits while partner HG gets 20%. $4 Billion not bad.

How's this for accuracy?

It still doesn't have anything to do with the issue at hand. Your previous post said that ESPN was in more trouble than the Big12. The problem is, ESPN pays half of the Big 12's TV contract. If ESPN gets hurt, that affects the Big 12 also, not just ESPN. The other issue is that Fox, who holds the other half of Big 12's TV contract, is also losing subscribers. You don't seem to grasp the scope of cord cutting, and think it's only limited to ESPN. It's going to affect all the TV networks, and all the conferences as a result.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT