ADVERTISEMENT

Negative Expansion News

OK would go B1G. More money and better academics. They could go with Kansas.

The hold up would be how easy they can shake OkSt. If they are forced to carry them along, then SEC it is.

Personally, I would love for the Pac 12 to take TT, UT, OU and OKSt which would free up the ACC and SEC for WVU.

C-tRTzkUAAEMGEv.jpg

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Chris Childers on SiriusXM the last two days...Finebaum's article appears right at the same time...now Louisiana Tech is taking swipes...yep...five minutes have passed, which once again means it's open season to pile on the Big 12.

Someone please tell me how this part of it is any different than those halcyon Big East days of yore? If only we had added Houston, I'm sure none of this would've happened and everything would be solved! [laughing]

Likely would never happen, but I would love to see WVU and Pitt being added to the B1G. Geographically, makes sense, and WVU would have lots of old rivalries - Penn State, Maryland, Pitt, and Rutgers, and possibly adding a couple of new ones in Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State.

OK would go B1G. More money and better academics. They could go with Kansas.

The hold up would be how easy they can shake OkSt. If they are forced to carry them along, then SEC it is.

Personally, I would love for the Pac 12 to take TT, UT, OU and OKSt which would free up the ACC and SEC for WVU.
You better hope that it doesn't happen. I bird in the hand is worth an ACC in the bush.

IMHO, UT and OU think of themselves as big dogs and control the B12. Big dogs usually don't like to bruise their egos by becoming also rans in other conferences. I think they stay where they their mega egos can survive...B12.

I think we would fit better in the AAC. Contenders for the championship every other year and chance to knock off a big boy in the bowl game.

I heard a rumor that the ACC and Big 12 were going to merge.

Must be true....just gotta be... ...might as well refer to it as a fact.

Finebaum admits he reports this from rumors on internet. If Texas stays then Big 12 or Big Texas will survive. If Texas leaves, the remaining teams will search for spots in AAC and MWC..
Are these rumors? Of course, Im sure oklahoma wishes they were in some other conference. Im sure the same could be said for the majority of the big 12 schools including wvu. None of these schools would ever admit it in public.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Indisputable fact: ESPN is in much deeper trouble than the Big 12.
Finebaum, too, if ESPN keeps jettisoning on-air talent to stop the $$$ bloodletting.

Indisputable fact: ESPN is in much deeper trouble than the Big 12.
Finebaum, too, if ESPN keeps jettisoning on-air talent to stop the $$$ bloodletting.

Not exactly accurate. ESPN pays the Big 12, so anything affecting ESPN affects the Big 12 as well. Also, ESPN isn't losing money. They still make a profit. It's just not as big a profit as they were making 5 or 10 years ago.

Are these rumors? Of course, Im sure oklahoma wishes they were in some other conference. Im sure the same could be said for the majority of the big 12 schools including wvu. None of these schools would ever admit it in public.
I don't think that is accurate, I think most schools in the Big12 are fairly happy there. I think it has been Boren's plan all along to get out and WVU is just too odd a fit geographically. I think what most teams in the Big12 want is stability, traditional ravilries, national success and MONEY. They are tired of the threats and bullying from Texas and Oklahoma. If those two schools had ever acted together for the good of the conference, we wouldn't be having these discussions, WVU would be in the AAC, and Colorado and Nebraska would have never left, maybe Missouri either. Too bad they can't seem to get it together, we have a lot in common with most of the schools in the conference. Still though, all we have really are rumors and opinions.

Your assumption is that the ACC would break from long held disposition to not have WVU in the club...and that the SEC won't feel whole until the Mountaineers come a calling. Don't hold your breath. lol

Hey now...I am not rooting for the ACC thing. Having options would be nice. Obviously the ACC had seconds thoughts when we signed with the B12. The football programs there have more of a say now than even a few years ago. Football championships trumps tobacco road now. By 10 years from now, the power in the ACC will be even more tilted towards football.

The SEC was very close to taking us a few years ago. Contracts will be dwindling. Adding saps for TV rights (cough.....Maryland/Rutgers....cough) will be thing of the past. The SEC will need to look for competitive programs again if they want to keep their cut of what will be a rapidly shrinking pie.

You'd have our vote to dissolve the grant of rights as long as you help us backchannel to the SEC while you go elsewhere. Let's get on the same page and make sure teams of value actually land on their feet and make a deal.

PAC 12 West (16)
UT
TT
KSU
TCU

Big 10 (16)
OU
KU

SEC (16)
WVU
OSU

Baylor and ISU can take a hike.

Last edited:

OU in another conference = Nebraska.as the "we thought we were better" team.

Likely would never happen, but I would love to see WVU and Pitt being added to the B1G. Geographically, makes sense, and WVU would have lots of old rivalries - Penn State, Maryland, Pitt, and Rutgers, and possibly adding a couple of new ones in Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State.

Not realistic herd. No acc team is going anywhere for a very long time. They are actually buyers not sellers. I'd rather see the same out force the acc to add wvu. You make a good argument logistically but the contracts are in place. And I know for a inside fact that the university feels the ACC is literally a perfect fit.

Not realistic herd. No acc team is going anywhere for a very long time. They are actually buyers not sellers. I'd rather see the same out force the acc to add wvu. You make a good argument logistically but the contracts are in place. And I know for a inside fact that the university feels the ACC is literally a perfect fit.
Thanks for the laughs this morning.

Shittt! You made it back from New Zealand :(
Of course why I was suffering in New Zealand, you were getting all the insider info from the Network execs and WVU Administration. You really are funny Greg. Does anybody on the Pitt board take you seriously?

I don't think that is accurate, I think most schools in the Big12 are fairly happy there. I think it has been Boren's plan all along to get out and WVU is just too odd a fit geographically. I think what most teams in the Big12 want is stability, traditional ravilries, national success and MONEY. They are tired of the threats and bullying from Texas and Oklahoma. If those two schools had ever acted together for the good of the conference, we wouldn't be having these discussions, WVU would be in the AAC, and Colorado and Nebraska would have never left, maybe Missouri either. Too bad they can't seem to get it together, we have a lot in common with most of the schools in the conference. Still though, all we have really are rumors and opinions.
I am frustrated as well that Texas and Oklahoma make Big 12 policy. However, if we were in the ACC, we'd be saying the same thing with UNC and Duke running the show...or in the Big 10 where Ohio State and Michigan dictate policy.

None of this is new to WVU. When we were independent, Penn State dictated to its eastern football partners. And in the Big East, first Miami, then later Notre Dame and the Catholic schools dictated to us. Then when we agreed to bond as a unit with Pitt and Syracuse, they undercut us to go to the ACC.

My point is that wherever we go, we will need the help of other schools who are in a position to wield power. Oliver Luck had a keen understanding of this situation.

I think we would fit better in the AAC. Contenders for the championship every other year and chance to knock off a big boy in the bowl game.
The problem is we probably would not get the quality of talent we now recruit as B12 member

I am frustrated as well that Texas and Oklahoma make Big 12 policy. However, if we were in the ACC, we'd be saying the same thing with UNC and Duke running the show...or in the Big 10 where Ohio State and Michigan dictate policy.

None of this is new to WVU. When we were independent, Penn State dictated to its eastern football partners. And in the Big East, first Miami, then later Notre Dame and the Catholic schools dictated to us. Then when we agreed to bond as a unit with Pitt and Syracuse, they undercut us to go to the ACC.

My point is that wherever we go, we will need the help of other schools who are in a position to wield power. Oliver Luck had a keen understanding of this situation.
I would be fine with hegemony, or dictates but Oklahoma threatening to leave every six months or so just doesn't happen at the top of other conferences. I think the other top conference schools do whatever benefits them, but the other conferences appear to grow stronger, rather than weaker.

Of course why I was suffering in New Zealand, you were getting all the insider info from the Network execs and WVU Administration. You really are funny Greg. Does anybody on the Pitt board take you seriously?

You are right about my contacts. That's why the things I post about the conferences and contracts are right on every time. Why does that make you hostile?

Of course, your dumbass would find this. Why don't you find another school to root for? Maybe in a "stronger" conference.
Hey Dumbass why don't you post under your real handle. We all know you're punisheer. Someone was wondering what happened to you the other day. Get a life loser.

Hey Dumbass why don't you post under your real handle. We all know you're punisheer. Someone was wondering what happened to you the other day. Get a life loser.
Maybe you need a life. We all know you're Hank. Now go back to ruling the MMB. Loser lol

You are right about my contacts. That's why the things I post about the conferences and contracts are right on every time. Why does that make you hostile?
Hostile? And you have yet to be right on anything.
Big 12 Homer and Fluffer Holgorsen disciple Still5-Ovstarheels. What exactly have you ever been right about? Why don't you give us your opinion on Finebaum's statement that Oklahoma wants out of the Big 12 or that the Big 12 won't exist a few years from now. I know that answering these questions would require thought process which is something you have failed to demonstrate to this point.

Big 12 Homer and Fluffer Holgorsen disciple Still5-Ovstarheels. What exactly have you ever been right about? Why don't you give us your opinion on Finebaum's statement that Oklahoma wants out of the Big 12 or that the Big 12 won't exist a few years from now. I know that answering these questions would require thought process which is something you have failed to demonstrate to this point.
I have never posted anything positive or negative about Holgorsen and yet I am his disciple? I do believe his first name is Dana not Fluffer. Have you ever done anything other than post negative stuff about WVU, its staff and the B12? Unlike you I went to WVU and obtained a degree, and am a fan of their sports teams. I am right that you meet the definition of a troll. As for OU, nothing is going to happen for a while. If OU wants to leave and does, the sun will still rise the next day. If the B12 breaks up, WVU will be fine. Worry about what you can control, not what you can't. As for thought process, perhaps that is a subject that you are not qualified to discuss.

Hostile? And you have yet to be right on anything.

You lost your mojo buds! I posted many things told to me but not all. I stated all along that Texas and/or Oklahoma were not interested in extending GOR. And that they had no interest in expansion. Of course I was attacked by low grade tools like you. Now I heard something last week from the same contacts that is a problem for Texas and the Big 12. So the LHN is officially a total bust and bleeding money from ESPN like a guy with his leg cut off by a chainsaw. What was once thought to be a contractual nightmare for ESPN locking them in til the 30s is not totally the case. Now ESPN is looking at being on the hook through 26-28. Presto! No GOR extension a year or two ago.

So while you play low grade site tough guy I provide stuff that I can share occasionally. The objective guys that have read my posts know I state what I hear when I can post it. Go back a read my posts on expansion. I called it and it wasn't an accident things went down with outcomes like I posted. Very close contact with a FOX exec, ESPN exec and a NYC partner of a Soorts Marketing firm. Why does that intimidate you? All you do is soil threads like a 12 year old.

Reactions: Spookycat2002
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT