ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Democrat: Scalise being shot was funny

WVPATX

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
New Civility: Nebraska Democrat Doubles Down on Saying Republicans Getting Shot "Was Funny"

Katie Pavlich

|
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 11:15 AM
Omaha-World Herald:

A Nebraska Democratic Party official has refused calls to resign her volunteer position after calling reactions to this week’s shooting of a high-ranking Republican member of Congress “so funny” on social media.Chelsey Gentry-Tipton of Omaha said in statement that she will not resign as chairwoman of the party’s Black Caucus, saying her post was taken out of context by party officials.The Nebraska party’s leadership asked Gentry-Tipton to step down Wednesday, several hours after she wrote, in a Facebook thread about the shooting at in Alexandria, Virginia, “Watching the congressman crying on live tv abt the trauma they experienced. Y is this so funny tho?”Later, in the same thread, she stated, “The very people that push pro NRA legislation in efforts to pad their pockets with complete disregard for human life. Yeah, having a hard time feeling bad for them.”
The question now is, what does the DNC have to say about this? Will newly minted Chairman Tom Perez, who said at a recent rally that Republicans "don't give a damn about people," step in? Or will he allow her to continue in her position as a representation of the Democrat Party?

She said the shooting was "so funny." Hard to spin this one.

No, she didn't. The headline of the article just made it up and you just blindly believed the headline of the story. You don't need to spin to see that the headline doesn't match the article, all you have to do is read it.

Reactions: American Fabius
No, she didn't. The headline of the article just made it up and you just blindly believed the headline of the story. You don't need to spin to see that the headline doesn't match the article, all you have to do is read it.

“Watching the congressman crying on live tv abt the trauma they experienced. Y is this so funny tho?”

Try very hard to spin when you should just admit as the Nebraska Dems do that this is so wrong. Laughing at those being shot at is a liberal value? Laughing at those being interviewed that were taking care of those that were shot is funny?

Keep spinning. As with the anthem yesterday, you won't win this debate either.

“Watching the congressman crying on live tv abt the trauma they experienced. Y is this so funny tho?”

Try very hard to spin when you should just admit as the Nebraska Dems do that this is so wrong. Laughing at those being shot at is a liberal value? Laughing at those being interviewed that were taking care of those that were shot is funny?

Keep spinning. As with the anthem yesterday, you won't win this debate either.

What you posted is not what you titled this thread, which was "Nebraska Democrat: Scalise being shot was funny." You can pretend blue is green as much as you want but that doesn't mean blue is green.

The story is not accurate compared to the actual quote.

Please show us where she was wrong. This guy voted against a bill that attempted to keep guns out of the hands of those with mental problems.

Why did Nebraska Democrat officials condemn her sick comments?
Jane Kleeb, chairwoman of the Nebraska Democrats confirmed that she and the party’s central committee were “deeply disappointed” in the comments.
Vince Powers, former chairman of the Nebraska Democratic Party, condemned Gentry-Tipton’s original social media post, saying he found the comments to be “outrageous.”

Reactions: atlkvb
Jane Kleeb, chairwoman of the Nebraska Democrats confirmed that she and the party’s central committee were “deeply disappointed” in the comments.
Vince Powers, former chairman of the Nebraska Democratic Party, condemned Gentry-Tipton’s original social media post, saying he found the comments to be “outrageous.”

You're changing the subject. The headline is not what the article says.

Why are the Dems asking for her resignation? She laughed about the shooting.

New Civility: Nebraska Democrat Doubles Down on Saying Republicans Getting Shot "Was Funny"

Katie Pavlich

|
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 11:15 AM
Omaha-World Herald:

A Nebraska Democratic Party official has refused calls to resign her volunteer position after calling reactions to this week’s shooting of a high-ranking Republican member of Congress “so funny” on social media.Chelsey Gentry-Tipton of Omaha said in statement that she will not resign as chairwoman of the party’s Black Caucus, saying her post was taken out of context by party officials.The Nebraska party’s leadership asked Gentry-Tipton to step down Wednesday, several hours after she wrote, in a Facebook thread about the shooting at in Alexandria, Virginia, “Watching the congressman crying on live tv abt the trauma they experienced. Y is this so funny tho?”Later, in the same thread, she stated, “The very people that push pro NRA legislation in efforts to pad their pockets with complete disregard for human life. Yeah, having a hard time feeling bad for them.”
The question now is, what does the DNC have to say about this? Will newly minted Chairman Tom Perez, who said at a recent rally that Republicans "don't give a damn about people," step in? Or will he allow her to continue in her position as a representation of the Democrat Party?

Seriously now. She did not say the shooting was funny. She said the Republican reaction to the shooting was funny, as in strange. Poor choice of words on her part. Even realizing what she actually said, she still picked a poor topic to get into in this situation. But, in all fairness, in the article she did not say the shooting itself was funny. There is plenty to criticize in politics and journalism without needing to misstate what someone said. Unfounded sensationalism by either CNN or message board artists is not helpful to moving the country, or worthwhile discourse, forward.

Op will do anything to protect libs. Even when they are condemned by their own party. Perhaps this means he is even further left than the current Dem party which is very far left or he agrees with the laughter.

The story is not accurate compared to the actual quote.

Please show us where she was wrong. This guy voted against a bill that attempted to keep guns out of the hands of those with mental problems.
Yep...they should pull him out of the intensive care unit and "string him up". You know damn well that the bill he voted against was about MUCH more than keeping guns out of the hands of those with mental problems.

Seriously now. She did not say the shooting was funny. She said the Republican reaction to the shooting was funny, as in strange. Poor choice of words on her part. Even realizing what she actually said, she still picked a poor topic to get into in this situation. But, in all fairness, in the article she did not say the shooting itself was funny. There is plenty to criticize in politics and journalism without needing to misstate what someone said. Unfounded sensationalism by either CNN or message board artists is not helpful to moving the country, or worthwhile discourse, forward.

She was talking about the shooting, come on. She was laughing at those that described the shooting. Even Dems recognize this is bad.

Yep...they should pull him out of the intensive care unit and "string him up". You know damn well that the bill he voted against was about MUCH more that keeping guns out of the hands of those with mental problems.

And much more complicated, which is why that poster is having a hard time understanding it.

He can't help himself from posting false story subject lines. It's pretty ironic really since all he does is complain about the media being misleading when he does the same bullshit with about every thread that he posts. Patx has zero credibility due to this kind of crap but it's fun to watch him try to tap dance out of it. smh

Op will do anything to protect libs. Even when they are condemned by their own party. Perhaps this means he is even further left than the current Dem party which is very far left or he agrees with the laughter.

Baloney. I have challenged liberal politicians and policies plenty of times on this board. I have probably engaged in more FAIR AND THOUGHTFUL criticism of liberals than you have. You engage in nonstop criticism of liberals but there is little substance or thought behind it. You are EXACTLY like the far left nuts that do nothing except blindly bash the right.

Reactions: Boomboom521

I read it, and you're wrong Op2. Those remarks were totally uncalled for given the circumstances.

Baloney. I have challenged liberal politicians and policies plenty of times on this board. I have probably engaged in more FAIR AND THOUGHTFUL criticism of liberals than you have. You engage in nonstop criticism of liberals but there is little substance or thought behind it. You are EXACTLY like the far left nuts that do nothing except blindly bash the right.

You are a far left lib. Embrace it. It will set you free.

You're changing the subject too.

You've defended the comments citing differences without distinctions. Why did the Dems ask her to resign if what she said was benign?

You're changing the subject. The headline is not what the article says.
Her quote: "Y is this so funny tho?”
Who else that you know of characterized the attempted assassination of the congressman as "so funny"?

You're changing the subject too.

OK Op2, translate what she meant by this remark?

"“The very people that push pro NRA legislation in efforts to pad their pockets with complete disregard for human life. Yeah, having a hard time feeling bad for them"

Explain what she was having a "hard time" feeling sorry about?

Maybe I missed it?

OK Op2, translate what she meant by this remark?

"“The very people that push pro NRA legislation in efforts to pad their pockets with complete disregard for human life. Yeah, having a hard time feeling bad for them"

Explain what she was having a "hard time" feeling sorry about?

Maybe I missed it?

The headline of the article and the title of this post does not say that.

Who else that you know of characterized the attempted assassination of the congressman as "so funny"?

Was she watching the attempted assassination of the Congressman when she said that? The headline does not say what the article says.

Her quote: "Yeah, having a hard time feeling bad for them.”
Sounds like the hateful nut felt the shooting was justified.

The headline of the article and the title of this post does not say that.

OK, but I read the article which quoted the politico and I'm responding to what she's quoted as saying and in my opinion it was not only stupid, but grossly disrespectful toward the trauma those folks were dealing with.

They had been shot by a guy trying to kill them all and she thinks it was "funny"?

You're wrong Op2.

I respect you when you argue passionately for you what you think is correct, but you can't argue this as such.

OK, but I read the article which quoted the politico and I'm responding to what she's quoted as saying and in my opinion it was not only stupid, but grossly disrespectful toward the trauma those folks were dealing with.

They had been shot by a guy trying to kill them all and she thinks it was "funny"?

You're wrong Op2.

I respect you when you argue passionately for you what you think is correct, but you can't argue this as such.

You don't even know what the argument is about. The headline of the article and the title of this post are different than the content of the article. My whole point is that people are misrepresenting what the article says.

It's a big difference. Words have meaning and you're caught in yet another lie. smh

LOL. Another lie. She thought the assassination attempt was funny. Can't get around that. Is this an accurate expression of liberal values? Did you think it funny?

Why are the Dems asking for her resignation?

You don't even know what the argument is about. The headline of the article and the title of this post are different than the content of the article. My whole point is that people are misrepresenting what the article says.

OK, I'm agreeing with you on that just for the sake of argument here.

You still haven't explained to me what she found so "funny" about the attempted assassination of one of her colleagues?

He wasn't laughing about it.

Im just two days @moe has defended pedophiles and someone who suggested the shooting was funny. Sad

Let's see. 4 GOP people shot. Two in critical condition. Assassin wanted to kill as many Republicans as he could. Those interviewed and discussing the assassination attempt were obviously talking about Scalise and the others shot. She thought it funny.

Do you find it funny as well?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT