ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Neal Brown quote on spring game

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
WVU Head Football Coach Neal Brown Quote on Cancellation of Gold-Blue Spring Game

“It’s disappointing for our players and fans that the Gold-Blue Spring Game is canceled. The game is the highlight of the spring for everyone,” Coach Neal Brown said. These are very serious times, and this is the right decision. We need to do everything we can to protect our student-athletes, University, state and community. Last year’s spring game was a great day, and let’s work to bring the event back bigger and better next April.”

You can just read into his remarks that he is disappointed over cancellation

I doubt he's overly disappointed considering he is a family man first and gets to spend a lot of time with his family now.

I doubt he's overly disappointed considering he is a family man first and gets to spend a lot of time with his family now.

Family men can still care about their jobs.

This job is a big break for him and last season didnt tell us much. A major disruption isn't good for him.

Right now he is looking at a cancelled season. That could open a huge can of worms for him.

Last edited:
Family men can still care about their jobs.

This job is a big break for him and last season didnt tell us much. A major disruption isn't good for him.

Right now he is looking at a cancelled season. That could open a huge can of worms for him.
What are you talking about? EVERY coach is in the same boat. They're all frozen in time at this point. It's not like he's losing ground to anybody. Stop being so over-dramatic.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Even some family men think some of it is too much, and at least are disappointed by things

He still has a job. Still getting a huge paycheck....unlike a whole hell of a lot of Mountaineer football fans. I like the guy and love Mountaineer football but....come on now.

What are you talking about? EVERY coach is in the same boat. They're all frozen in time at this point. It's not like he's losing ground to anybody. Stop being so over-dramatic.

No. Not every coach is in the same boat.

Some coaches already have a record to fall back on and have proven themselves at this level.

Uncertainty is not a good thing. And implying he isnt actually disappointed about his season being disrupted because he has a family is ridiculous.

A cancelled season would create lots of unknowns...can players transfer, stay, ect. If there is no season, what are we even paying for? What happens to their budget? Can we recruit if theres no football? No high school football being played, how do you evaluate?

Anyone in any position of authority or leadership is concerned right now and isnt merely enjoying the time off like its a vacation.

I'm sure NB is wctually disappointed. He has spent his time here building this team and wants them to prepare and play.

Last edited:
No. Not every coach is in the same boat.

Some coaches already have a record to fall back on and have proven themselves at this level.

Uncertainty is not a good thing. And implying he isnt actually disappointed about his season being disrupted because he has a family is ridiculous.

A cancelled season would create lots of unknowns...can players transfer, stay, ect. If there is no season, what are we even paying for? What happens to their budget? Can we recruit if theres no football? No high school football being played, how do you evaluate?

Anyone in any position of authority or leadership is concerned right now and isnt merely enjoying the time off like its a vacation.

I'm sure NB is wctually disappointed. He has spent his time here building this team and wants them to prepare and play.

Lol. Stop being a loon. You think we're getting rid of Brown after 1 season and due to something outside everyone's control? He will be paid whether there's a season or not. Don't you worry about that. Nearly every one of your concerns could be projected onto every other coach. There's zero need to single Brown out as though this pandemic is going to screw him over more than anybody else. I bet you've got an doomsday bunker in your backyard filled to the brim with toilet paper, don't you?

Reactions: Rootmaster
Lol. Stop being a loon. You think we're getting rid of Brown after 1 season and due to something outside everyone's control? He will be paid whether there's a season or not. Don't you worry about that. Nearly every one of your concerns could be projected onto every other coach. There's zero need to single Brown out as though this pandemic is going to screw him over more than anybody else. I bet you've got an doomsday bunker in your backyard filled to the brim with toilet paper, don't you?

No implication he would be fired was ever made.

I was addressing your idiotic notion he didnt care about cancellations because he is a family man....that was really stupid.

The only person that singled Brown out was yourself with your silly comments.

I can tell you with almost certainty NB is worrying about the items I mentioned...

Last edited:
No implication he would be fired was ever made.

I was addressing your idiotic notion he didnt care about cancellations because he is a family man....that was really stupid.

The only person that singled Brown out was yourself with your silly comments.

I can tell you with almost certainty NB is worrying about the items I mentioned...
Except that idiotic notion wasn't even made. YOU are the one making a big deal out of how much this is personally going to affect Brown, NOT me. Now get back down in your bunker and start wiping your bunghole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT