ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD NCAA Tournament: Round of 32: No. 5 WVU vs. No. 13 Marshall

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Tip-off is set for 9:40 p.m. West Virginia is 33-11 all-time against Marshall and has won nine of the last ten. None obviously as big as this with a chance to advance to the Sweet 16.

Have at it.

WVSports.com and the WVU Fan Store are teaming up to offer you a chance to win free WVU gear for doing nothing more than participating in our game threads for WVU football and basketball games.

For the remainder of the basketball season when you post in our game thread you will be entered into a drawing for one of two $10 gift cards to the WVU Fan Store (http://westvirginia.rivalsfanstore.com/).

Several hours before each game we will start a game thread and again all you have to do is share your thoughts on the game. All we ask is that you actually give some thought to your post rather than simply going with a one or two word post in an effort to be in the drawing. Also there may be a few surprise items added along the way.

Within 24 hours following each game we will pick two winners randomly and you will be emailed your gift certificate code. While we obviously encourage you to use the card to buy Mountaineer gear you are welcome to use it to buy anything offered, which includes pro sports apparel and fan items.

A tournament question that I felt didn't really deserve its own thread.

But I notice TV coverage today says second round. I thought a few years ago the NCAA considered the play-in games as the first round.

Did they change that back and I missed it? Are we playing Marshall in the third round or second round?

A tournament question that I felt didn't really deserve its own thread.

But I notice TV coverage today says second round. I thought a few years ago the NCAA considered the play-in games as the first round.

Did they change that back and I missed it? Are we playing Marshall in the third round or second round?

Yes, I think they rebranded the “first round” as the “first four” and renamed all of the previous rounds what they were before the play in games.

Marshall is certainly capable, we have consistently folded against hot shooting teams and our pressure tends to leave the 3 ball open. If Marshall is hot they will compete and possibly win. If we play like we did against Murray we should be golden barring a massive explosion from 3 for the Herd. Marshall is only 7 deep so they are a very good matchup in terms of our wear them down pressure style, however the Herd did just win a conference tournament to earn their bid with 3 consecutive wins in as many days so I wouldn’t bank on them to lose their legs in the 2nd half.

My take is we should throw Carter on Elmore and break even worst case scenario and look to win every other matchup.

Sags did travel on that one play, but the very next play the Marshall guy travels the exact same way before the kick out 3 and no whistle.

...wi-fi spotty here.....c'mon boys!...cinch that bag around their heads & kick 'em in the river!....FINISH THIS!.....

How is the WVU fan turnout there in such a far corner?

Very good. Lot's of Mountaineers fans here. More than Marshall. San Diego is a military town and lot's of West Virginians serve. I think most of them showed up tonight. Great game [WVU].

Reactions: LHANDSDC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT