ADVERTISEMENT

National anthem

Proud Boys. They are another one of those groups
You have to research the history of Portland. I have put some of it on here before. Tom Metzger had the PNW as some White Utopia. Moved a lot of his WAR operation from Southern California to Portland.
But two of his followers murdered an Ethiopian immigrant. Long story short it created what you see in Portland and Seattle today.
Two cities that are very much against White Nationalism and Far right wing groups.

Putting any...any...of the blame for the actions of the BurnLootMurder/Antifa mob..on this fictitious right wing myth is a total progressive deflection for their anti social attitudes and destructive behavior. The right should rise up however.

The right should rise up.[laughing]

You are part of the problem. Don't you see it. You are destroying this country with your looney toon ideas.

People that don't look like you are just as American as you.

You're filled with hate and ignorance, brother

For whatever reason you feel the need to tell everyone.
Just relax. Take a deeper look at everything. For you to have this much anger I feel like somehow you are being mislead.

Issue here is that no one has an idea of who is committing the crimes but you are quick with placing blame.

You are allowing other people to tell you what is going on and often times these people have a biased POV. Should be smarter than that. Never believe second hand information.

Another one of your profiles?

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Already have said if I was upset about something I make the needed changes.

Difficult when it seems to be everything around you but sometimes you have to stay level headed. If shit gets bad I already have picked where I am going to be. Won't be in Texas. Only places would be way too swampy.
But I have 16 years in the USMC.

As it was mentioned, in college the players aren't on the field during the anthem, but there will be political displays in other forms, I'm sure.

I stopped watching NBA and NFL years ago, not because of politics just because of interest...but the politics just affirmed my indifference.

College football is different, I still watch..but less because of real life obligations. However, this year I will intentionally not be watching, including WVU. It has become unenjoyable, I just dont see a point of participating.

The players dont really bother me, but when a coaching staff and administration start trying to be politically influential over the fans, I will just walk away.
the NFL should play it before the teams enter the field...simple solution.

Then I assume the vets who think kneeling for the anthem is distasteful and disrespectful still feel the same way.

Pretty simple, imo.
I'm a bit concerned about the Big 12 inserting itself in the middle of how individual teams handle social justice issues. It could turn into something like "let's outdo everybody else." I think nearly everyone believe that there are legitimate racial issues that needed attention in our society. And that the only way to solve these problems is by coming together. To the phrase "black lives matter" there is only one response - "of course."
My worry is that "Black Lives Matter" - the organization has among things it encourages is to take a knee during our National Anthem. To a huge majority that is NOT something that unites.
So I have a suggestion for the Mountaineers on the field. Have the team and staff kneel BEFORE the National Anthem and stand DURING the National Anthem. That way both protest and respect is recognized. I believe that such an action would be a force for unity - at a time when we need it. The Mountaineers would be showing how
both protest and respect can be accommodated. I hope those that agree with this approach would contact the football office and the Shane Lyons' office to make this suggestion.
One reason for the suggestion in that West Virginia has the highest percentage of veterans in its population than any other state. Nearly all consider taking a knee for the National Anthem to be a despicable sign of disrespect to the country in general and to veterans in particular.

I hope and pray police and others stop murdering U.S. citizens, stop being excused from legal punishment when they do stray from the law,
and all citizens of the United States can once and for all be treated the same when it comes to justice in this country.

Until then, if people need to kneel to protest oppression and the rabid killing of U.S. citizens that is going on and endlessly going unpunished, then so be it.

How could any human being be more upset about someone kneeling in protest than they are against murder, illegitimate harassment and lack of the justice system doing anything to stop it or punish those acting illegally? It boggles sane minds. Pure evil at its worst.

Hello! The issue is MURDER and criminality towards certain people and LACK OF JUSTICE FOR THAT MURDER AND CRIME--NOT KNEELING TO PROTEST IT!

Honestly what part of that do some people not comprehend?

don’t you have some anti Neal Brown shit to post? I mean we banned your alter ego Murcaca

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Nobody wanted to cancel cops 19 years ago today.

Maybe I'm wrong in what I read. But this "Defund the Police" isn't getting rid of cops, right? It's about getting rid of county/precincts and moving the funding to more community based police force, right? Again, could be totally wrong here. But pretty sure I read that correctly months ago when this started.

Maybe I'm wrong in what I read. But this "Defund the Police" isn't getting rid of cops, right? It's about getting rid of county/precincts and moving the funding to more community based police force, right? Again, could be totally wrong here. But pretty sure I read that correctly months ago when this started.

Lol...and if we defunded WVU football, what would that do to the program?

They have been very clear, they want to defund, and DISBAND police departments. The idea of replacing police with social workers to respond to dangerous situations, and crimes...its radically stupid.

For a guy who says he isnt an extremist, you sure parrot their ideas and support them lock-step. You arent fooling anyone - you are antifa.

So, let's DEFUND WVU football, afterall...how many violent and severe crimes have WVU players committed over the years?

Last edited:

Keep thinking that. And you would be wrong.

Lol...and if we defunded WVU football, what would that do to the program?

They have been very clear, they want to defund, and DISBAND police departments. The idea of replacing police with social workers to respond to dangerous situations, and crimes...its radically stupid.

For a guy who says he isnt an extremist, you sure parrot their ideas and support them lock-step. You arent fooling anyone - you are antifa.

So, let's DEFUND WVU football, afterall...how many violent and severe crimes have WVU players committed over the years?

Wait, did I say I supported it or did I say that I READ THAT? Apology accepted.

Keep thinking that. And you would be wrong.

This is what I read.....(if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong)

“Defund the police” means reallocating or redirecting funding away from the police department to other government agencies funded by the local municipality. That’s it. It’s that simple. Defund does not mean abolish policing. And, even some who say abolish, do not necessarily mean to do away with law enforcement altogether. Rather, they want to see the rotten trees of policing chopped down and fresh roots replanted anew. Camden, New Jersey, is a good example. Nearly a decade ago, Camden disbanded (abolished) its police force and dissolved the local police union. This approach seems to be what Minneapolis will do in some form, though the nuances are important.

This is what I read.....(if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong)

“Defund the police” means reallocating or redirecting funding away from the police department to other government agencies funded by the local municipality. That’s it. It’s that simple. Defund does not mean abolish policing. And, even some who say abolish, do not necessarily mean to do away with law enforcement altogether. Rather, they want to see the rotten trees of policing chopped down and fresh roots replanted anew. Camden, New Jersey, is a good example. Nearly a decade ago, Camden disbanded (abolished) its police force and dissolved the local police union. This approach seems to be what Minneapolis will do in some form, though the nuances are important.

Defund doesn't mean defund...abolish doesnt mean abolish. LOL - you'll believe anything a radical or athlete tells you.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
If you dont support it, then say you dont.

I don't.........been pretty open about it from the beginning. I support the police. My post was to say if I read what I did wrong. You jumped the gun with accusations, which is usual for you.

EDIT: But I'm also not one to throw away my entertainment like others.

I don't.........been pretty open about it from the beginning. I support the police. My post was to say if I read what I did wrong. You jumped the gun with accusations, which is usual for you.

EDIT: But I'm also not one to throw away my entertainment like others.

It's not entertaining anymore. So it seems like a pretty simple decision.

You cant support the police and support an extremist group that wants to defund them and harm them. I dont see how that could work...serious mental gymnastics there.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT