ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD Mountaineer Football - WVU vs Albany

I hope this is like a 55-7 type game. With their lone score coming late in the game.

Last edited:
These types of games are pointless. Wish we didn't play them. Would rather play Alabama and get crushed than play this game and win.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
That's why you're not the AD. 😅 Seriously though you have to do it. You can't get your team through a season without some easier games.
Playing against tougher teams makes your team tougher. Plus, there's excitement every week. The NFL doesn't schedule any games against the UFL or any other lower tier teams. Note that the BIG and SEC are adding the best teams to their conferences. People want to see big games every week, not stat padding.

Playing against tougher teams makes your team tougher. Plus, there's excitement every week. The NFL doesn't schedule any games against the UFL or any other lower tier teams. Note that the BIG and SEC are adding the best teams to their conferences. People want to see big games every week, not stat padding.
No, it doesn't make your team tougher if you're getting the shit beat out of you every week. The NFL comparison isn't valid at all because they have one job and that's to play football and they have dozens of trainers, doctors, etc. working with them every day.

I can't believe you even mentioned the SEC in this conversation, I'll let others explain that if you don't know what I'm referring to.

The bottom line EVERY school does this and there's a reason for it.

Reactions: WESTBGVA
No, it doesn't make your team tougher if you're getting the shit beat out of you every week. The NFL comparison isn't valid at all because they have one job and that's to play football and they have dozens of trainers, doctors, etc. working with them every day.

I can't believe you even mentioned the SEC in this conversation, I'll let others explain that if you don't know what I'm referring to.

The bottom line EVERY school does this and there's a reason for it.
Yes, it does. Iron sharpens iron. Are you suggesting that a team that plays the best opponents all season is going to be less tough than a team that plays patsies all season? They would curb stomp the team that played patsies all season long. College football is basically turning into the NFL. The SEC definitely belongs in the conversation as they just added OU and UT, not low quality programs to beat on. I'm not arguing that ever program doesn't schedule cupcakes. I know they do. But there's no good reason for it. It's disrespectful for the fans to pay all that money to watch meaningless stat padding and injuries happen regardless of the opponent. It's a rough sport. ADs need to man up.

• Haha
Reactions: Vernon
GW559eDW4AARxPh

Well Neal said this defense was gonna be different. Well hes correct they are definitely different.

Doesn't matter how much we win by it's not making me feel any better.

If we win.

Our DB's may not be good, but they love to run that mouth a lot. I don't think there's been a play where they haven't been yapping at Albany WR's. I would too if I were that good I guess. :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT