ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri write on facing WVU in upcoming season

Lots of inaccuracies in the write up. Basically says WVU has next to no chance to win against the mythical juggernaut that is Missouri Tiger Football.

https://www.rockmnation.com/platfor...-opponents-preview-west-virginia-mountaineers

I really could find anything wrong with the article; everything the writer says is true. I do not want it to be true and it may be that it will not be true, but in all honestly, it is probably what we should expect.

The writer did a good job of describing WVU path to this point. He did better than some of the stuff I have scene here by people paid to do that job. He did it in 5 paragraphs too. He does not detail Missouri, but then the article is focused on WVU. He does assert that even with all of the issues WVU is facing that WVU may very well prevail because just about any P5 team is dangerous.

I did not see him say anything about Missouri being anything much less a ,mythical juggernaut. Maybe it has been edit since you linked it.

I really could find anything wrong with the article; everything the writer says is true. I do not want it to be true and it may be that it will not be true, but in all honestly, it is probably what we should expect.

The writer did a good job of describing WVU path to this point. He did better than some of the stuff I have scene here by people paid to do that job. He did it in 5 paragraphs too. He does not detail Missouri, but then the article is focused on WVU. He does assert that even with all of the issues WVU is facing that WVU may very well prevail because just about any P5 team is dangerous.

I did not see him say anything about Missouri being anything much less a ,mythical juggernaut. Maybe it has been edit since you linked it.
You have scene people here huh? Just admit you are not a wvu fan. You are clueless.

Reactions: Airport and Phil

“You should never count on Missouri easily beating a fellow P5 team handily, but this is about as close as you can get.“

Missouri is a sad fanbase.

They are somewhat bipolar. Talk a lot of shit before the game and completely flip out after the game.

They melt faster than GregJacobs.

Joining the SEC hasn't helped them at all.
They are not as bad as some others but they will never let you forget they are in the SEC and they won two straight divisional Championships in the SEC.

FNQeZKP.jpg

“You should never count on Missouri easily beating a fellow P5 team handily, but this is about as close as you can get.“

Missouri should have that mindset. Look at WVU without looking at through our fanhood. We are in pretty bad shape. We hope we have everything going well, but we have been on a downward slide for 12 years. Neither Bill or Dana did more than not totally sink the ship. Then when even Dana could not keep the boat afloat he jumped before he could be pushed. There was not much left when Neal got here and as talented and skilled as he seems to be, he has his work cut out for him.

If the roles were reversed, WVU should expect to beat Missouri handily.

The writer did a good job of describing WVU path to this point. He did better than some of the stuff I have scene(?) here by people paid to do that job. He did it in 5 paragraphs too. He does not detail Missouri, but then the article is focused on WVU. He does assert that even with all of the issues WVU is facing that WVU may very well prevail because just about any P5 team is dangerous.

He talks like JMU is the next coming of the Chicago Bears and Mike Ditka.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
I don't pay much attention to you dave. I have been on this board in one form or another since it 1993. Most of that time you have been drunk.
Drunk huh? You are not very perceptive. There is a reason you have been all over this board and you know me and nobody knows you.

He talks like JMU is the next coming of the Chicago Bears and Mike Ditka.

I did not get that impression from his writing. JMU has consistently been good over the years and at their level, they are very good. We do not what sort of team is going to hit the field for WVU. JMU has beaten P5 teams before and it was not that long ago, that WVU opened with William and Mary at home with a final score of only 24 - 17. That season we went 4-8 and many us do not expect much more production this year.

I love the team, but we are a bad team right now. We have questions at every position, we have 4 quarterbacks, but we have no quarterbacks. In a conference where the quarterback is everything, we have nothing. We may develop one. We are just as bad at every other position. Our coach looks like a superb hire, but he could drop a bomb too. Different world he has stepped into than the one he had at Troy.

Do I hope I am wrong? Sure, but anyone not wearing Old Gold and Blue is not going to think that. Right now, JMU is the Chicago Bears until we beat them.

Reactions: Rootmaster
I did not get that impression from his writing. JMU has consistently been good over the years and at their level, they are very good. We do not what sort of team is going to hit the field for WVU. JMU has beaten P5 teams before and it was not that long ago, that WVU opened with William and Mary at home with a final score of only 24 - 17. That season we went 4-8 and many us do not expect much more production this year.

I love the team, but we are a bad team right now. We have questions at every position, we have 4 quarterbacks, but we have no quarterbacks. In a conference where the quarterback is everything, we have nothing. We may develop one. We are just as bad at every other position. Our coach looks like a superb hire, but he could drop a bomb too. Different world he has stepped into than the one he had at Troy.

Do I hope I am wrong? Sure, but anyone not wearing Old Gold and Blue is not going to think that. Right now, JMU is the Chicago Bears until we beat them.
We are bad at every position? JMU on the other hand recruits at a big 12 level.

Ps. You said I am drunk. Hahahaha

Missouri should have that mindset. Look at WVU without looking at through our fanhood. We are in pretty bad shape. We hope we have everything going well, but we have been on a downward slide for 12 years. Neither Bill or Dana did more than not totally sink the ship. Then when even Dana could not keep the boat afloat he jumped before he could be pushed. There was not much left when Neal got here and as talented and skilled as he seems to be, he has his work cut out for him.

If the roles were reversed, WVU should expect to beat Missouri handily.

I am not going to rewrite his column for you. If you could not pick out the mistakes he made and the errors he wrote concerning our personnel, then you are not informed enough for it to make any difference. You seem to be defensive about his writing. I get it; you’re a “realist.” You wouldn’t dare go all in for a team, living and dying with each success or failure. You would rather get a pat on the back from the opposition for not being one of “them.” “Them,” being a WVU-first, bleed gold and blue, Major Harris for President diehard Mountaineer.

Well then go ahead. Run on over to the Missouri board looking for validation. Go get your pat on the back for being 100% lukewarm and passionate about nothing. Stop by the Marshall board so they can tell you that you are “one of the good ones,” too, while you are at it. If you are lucky, maybe a Pitt fan will call you cool.

Me? I’ll just keep being a WVU ONLY fan. I can look through rose colored glasses all day if I want, because that’s what fans do. Fans build stadiums and facilities, not schools or coaches. The fans that care and spend money and demand the administration cares, too. I don’t have to keep it real.

According to you, Missouri should feel confident facing poor little ole nothing happening WVU, but if a WVU fan thinks he is being overconfident, we (read: me) are just looking through our “fan hood.” According to me, WVU is going to be better than any media outlets are expecting. And Missouri will not face a “close as you can get” easy win over WVU.

You have a nice day.

I am not going to rewrite his column for you. If you could not pick out the mistakes he made and the errors he wrote concerning our personnel, then you are not informed enough for it to make any difference. You seem to be defensive about his writing. I get it; you’re a “realist.” You wouldn’t dare go all in for a team, living and dying with each success or failure. You would rather get a pat on the back from the opposition for not being one of “them.” “Them,” being a WVU-first, bleed gold and blue, Major Harris for President diehard Mountaineer.

Well then go ahead. Run on over to the Missouri board looking for validation. Go get your pat on the back for being 100% lukewarm and passionate about nothing. Stop by the Marshall board so they can tell you that you are “one of the good ones,” too, while you are at it. If you are lucky, maybe a Pitt fan will call you cool.

Me? I’ll just keep being a WVU ONLY fan. I can look through rose colored glasses all day if I want, because that’s what fans do. Fans build stadiums and facilities, not schools or coaches. The fans that care and spend money and demand the administration cares, too. I don’t have to keep it real.

According to you, Missouri should feel confident facing poor little ole nothing happening WVU, but if a WVU fan thinks he is being overconfident, we (read: me) are just looking through our “fan hood.” According to me, WVU is going to be better than any media outlets are expecting. And Missouri will not face a “close as you can get” easy win over WVU.

You have a nice day.

It is interesting that you think I am a fan of any other school but WVU. Not all Mountaineers are alike. Some of us do not drink Kool-aid. I have been involved with WVU on and off the field since Bobby's Peach Bowl.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Missouri is like the school that doesn't care if they fit in
It is pretty funny. While some of the fanbase is accepting SEC culture.

Doesn't matter. WVU going to go in there and drop the S!E!C! chant on them in their own stadium.
Not any good. They think they are much better than they really are like most SEC schools that ride the coattails
A bunch of weak schools who wave conference flags.

You have scene people here huh? Just admit you are not a wvu fan. You are clueless.

Typical homer. Article was much to do about nothing. Everyone that isn’t a zombie is not a WVU fan. Sweet take.

I wouldn't mess with Dave.
He already has owned you on here a few times.

Dave knows the truth about you Greggor.
Gotta leave those kids alone...

I wouldn't mess with Dave.
He already has owned you on here a few times.

Dave knows the truth about you Greggor.
Gotta leave those kids alone...

OMG I barely replied 304 and you were right there stalking me. Dude is this the start of the next mega thread that i produce or should we let this thread earn its stripes?

In fairness to douchebag author WVU has not been respected going into this year. Just another geek talking head that was in the high school band.

Reactions: doneagain
Missouri is a sad fanbase.

They are somewhat bipolar. Talk a lot of shit before the game and completely flip out after the game.

They melt faster than GregJacobs.

Joining the SEC hasn't helped them at all.
They are not as bad as some others but they will never let you forget they are in the SEC and they won two straight divisional Championships in the SEC.

Bipolar says the local bipolar weirdo
Aaaahahahahaha!!!!!

So you can’t find anything wrong with the article?
Start with the players to watch at the top. 2 of the 6 “players to watch” aren’t going to be starters. 1 might not even be in the two deep. The inaccuracy proceeds from there. He has Norwood at the wrong position.
But it’s whatever. It’s a fluff opinion piece that panders to its Missouri fan base.

Don't think it is Minister of Disinformation Level but it is bad.

Missouri is not really a football school. They are more a basketball school who occasionally has had decent football schools.
Because of KU owning then in basketball and Sit Down Norm they care about basketball more

Can't expect anything in regards to football from that fanbase

Try to put the kids down for a second pedo and keep up.

Dude you’re clicking along at like 7,000-8,000
posts per year. Get a life and stop being so inattentive to your family.

Listen gramps.........crawl back under your rock.

Last edited:
until we win a few games...the writer could be correct.

Point taken. But I don't consider this guy a writer.

[roll]

WVU played their first game in 1891 (losing 72-0)
WVU has a 751-496-45 W/L record (14th Best)

By total wins they avg 6 wins (some seasons had 1 or 2 games. So averaged off the total wins are not per season)

Rod Fraud had an avg of 8 wins a season, Bill Stewart averaged 9 wins a season. Your Boy Dana 7.6. Those 3 10 win season helped him drastically but his W/L avg is on par with all WVU coaches. Dana probably played the toughest schedule since Don Nehlen.

You sound like one of those fans that started watching WVU football at the start of Rod Frauds career at WVU. I got news for you WVU has been around longer than your boy Rod.

Dana's biggest problem is he couldn't win a big game when it mattered. Heck the avg. wins for WVU vs ranked teams is a losing record all time.

The Mountaineers have registered 80 winning seasons in their history, including one unbeaten season (10-0-1) and five 11-win seasons (1988, 1993, 2005, 2006, 2007). The Mountaineers have won a total of 15 conference championships, including eight Southern Conference titles and seven Big East titles.

So you have no basis for a decline as it has been on the avg for 12 years. Rod left when things got good and Dana left on the terms of mutual agreement by both parties. Houston was the only college team in America that wanted him. All others where just chess pieces to get a raise. Neal Brown will keep his job by averaging those 8 to 9 wins and pulling of a couple 11 win years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pitt4Life34
It is interesting that you think I am a fan of any other school but WVU. Not all Mountaineers are alike. Some of us do not drink Kool-aid. I have been involved with WVU on and off the field since Bobby's Peach Bowl.

Like I said, go get that pat on the back, realist. As for what you find interesting, I don’t care, and I don’t need to hear your fan resume. You trumpet the “not all mountaineers are alike” mantra as if you are a live and let live kinda guy, but you clearly look down on those that you cast in the lot of “kool-aid drinkers.” Stay above the fray realist.

Reactions: LittleRivEER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT