ADVERTISEMENT

Milan Puskar Stadium turns 40

Butler-eer

All-Conference
Aug 26, 2002
Most NFL stadiums don’t last this long.

https://wvusports.com/

Then again the Coli will be 50 in Sept. I was there for the opening day concert in ’70. Walked the catwalk over the floor before it opened.

Both were significant upgrades when they opened. But today without luxury boxes, gourmet food and fan experiences these buildings are very much outdated.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I never thought about this until I saw this article. I was at the last game at the old stadium and the first game at the new. I've been to a lot of games in those 40 years. A season ticket holder for 30 of those years. Now just pick a game or 2 to attend.

I still call it "new" Mountaineer Field. My dad started taking me to games in 1977, so I only got to visit Old Mountaineer Field for 3 seasons... but I loved seeing the river from the top of the end zone seats in the bowl end.

I love both mountaineer field and the coliseum. My grandparents had season tickets for 35 years and I actually have the old wooden seats they sat on in the old mountaineer field. The story they told me was when they tore it down they gave or sold the seats to the season ticket holders. Either way they are hung on the wall at my camp on the greenbrier River. Good memories!!!

Reactions: 1duluth1
My memories of OMF were from the student section. Each fraternity would send their pledges to stand in line very early. Once the gates opened they would rope off a section of seats. Pre game, each fraternity would take turns standing up giving their frat cheers. Student section filled up every game well before kick off. Stayed filled mostly till the end. Some games there were lots of students still in the stands well after the game. Either finishing their drinks or too drunk to find their way out. :beer::beer:[sick]

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT