ADVERTISEMENT

Mercury News Big12/Pac12 alliance proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are going off of bullshit ..

UCONN blocking BC is a future selling point for a rivarly.
Make UCONN and BC hate each other ...

UCONN wasn't getting in over Syracuse, Pitt or Louisville.

But UCONN isn't the 16th because Like you said...The ACC wants Texas.

But if Texas is not there they will come back around for UCONN.
They are stringing them around.

West Virginia fans if they were smart would be doing two things....

1) Forcing their school to improve academics
2) Manipulating UCONN into dropping FBS football and joining the Big East.

Haha you know absolutely no one giggle giggle

SEC has to worry about the B1G.
Objectively speaking..

A&M can kick and complain all they want the SEC would much rather bring Texas in because of how much money Texas can provide for the B1G and their network.
TX is NOT giving up their Longhorn Network. Not for the B12. Not for the P12. Not for the SEC. They have already turned down overtures to other conferences because they wanted TX to dismantle the Longhorn Network. You should know that.

TX is NOT giving up their Longhorn Network. Not for the B12. Not for the P12. Not for the SEC. They have already turned down overtures to other conferences because they wanted TX to dismantle the Longhorn Network. You should know that.

LHN has a shelf life. 15 years.
Hasn't been extended. Good chance the channel no longer exist.
But ESPN wants to make sure it controls its third tier rights in any realignment.
Reason why the channel extends past the Big XII GOR.
ESPN, I think, would be happier to push Texas into the ACC.

The ACC as of right now has too many welfare schools. Would be a much better conference if Texas was able to bring 5 other schools and the ACC went from 14 to 10 in football.
Pretty much a merge and both conferences cut the dead weight.

Last edited:
West Virginia fans if they were smart would be doing two things....

1) Forcing their school to improve academics
2) Manipulating UCONN into dropping FBS football and joining the Big East.

There is nothing wrong with WVU academics. The perpetual elitest snob attitudes that have been going on for years who look down on the residents of the state as redneck hillbillies keeps that notion afloat. Like you been doing this whole thread.

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
There is nothing wrong with WVU academics. The perpetual elitest snob attitudes that have been going on for years who look down on the residents of the state as redneck hillbillies keeps that notion afloat. Like you been doing this whole thread.

It is not just academics it is the fact that West Virginia is a small state.
Unlike Nebraska it doesn't have a huge name.

The SEC doesn't really care for academics.
WV only brings them 2 million people.
The ACC values academics but if WV had a good size population I am sure they would look past it.

In fairness to dipshit Texass the rankings and statistics don’t support your bitching and whining about how negatively people generally view WVU academics. Rankings and statistics suggest WVU academics suck. Twisting and turning that reality in this free posting site is irrelevant.

It is not just academics it is the fact that West Virginia is a small state.
Unlike Nebraska it doesn't have a huge name.

The SEC doesn't really care for academics.
WV only brings them 2 million people.
The ACC values academics but if WV had a good size population I am sure they would look past it.

How would you know the ACC would look past anything? You don’t know anyone and have no idea. You have a mental problem that makes you a know-it-all haha. You’re such a tool.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
In fairness to dipshit Texass the rankings and statistics don’t support your bitching and whining about how negatively people generally view WVU academics. Rankings and statistics suggest WVU academics suck. Twisting and turning that reality in this free posting site is irrelevant.
Those rankings and so called statistics are formulated from biased sources.
Like I said before, take you and your misguided opinions back to North Carolina.

And you calling TVZ a dip**** is like the pot calling the kettle black. LOL

A lot of it comes down to research.
How much of the research conducted by your university is cited by others.

It can be a circle jerk for the most part but you cannot deny the fact that it is important.

It can be a circle jerk for the most part but you cannot deny the fact that it is important.

They use all types of data, even using the opinions of high school guidance counselors (at least until recently)....

Those rankings and so called statistics are formulated from biased sources.
Like I said before, take you and your misguided opinions back to North Carolina.

And you calling TVZ a dip**** is like the pot calling the kettle black. LOL

I’m from Pittsburgh friend not North Carolina. Your pathetic narrative to discredit the data and output is hilarious. WVU is not a respected academic institution by most. Not me but by most. The little brother homer thing should be beneath you Tyler. Congrats on the weight loss program lite.

tvz is an asshole blow hard pretender. why argue with that sage brush clown?

Texas offers more than sagebrush

It is the Biological Crossroads of America.

Established by Congress in October of 1974 along with Big Cypress National Preserve, Big Thicket National Preserve was one of the first areas to be designated a national preserve. Congress mandated that the preserve was to "assure the preservation, conservation, and protection of the natural, scenic, and recreational values of a significant portion of the Big Thicket area in the State of Texas.”

The original Big Thicket of Texas covered between 2 million and 3 million acres in what is now mapped as the Pineywoods and Coastal Marsh ecoregions of the state. People have called the Big Thicket an "American ark" and "the biological crossroads of North America", as it has one of the most biologically diverse assemblages of species in the world. It is a transition zone where southeastern swamps, eastern deciduous forests, central plains, pine savannas, and dry sandhills meet. This diverse habitat allows an impressive array of species to coexist, including approximately 1,320 species of trees, shrubs, vines, and grasses (vascular plants), 60 mammal species, 86 reptile & amphibian species, 34 species offreshwater mussels, nearly 1,800 invertebrate species just in the Lepidoptera Family (butterflies,moths, skippers), 97 fish species, and at least 300 bird species. Cactus and orchids, beech trees and bald cypress trees, azaleas and pine trees, roadrunners and alligators, and historically, bison, jaguars & red wolves, are all included in the array of species. Four of the 5 known types of carnivorous plants found in the U.S. are found in the Big Thicket. The abundant rainfall and the long growing season,around 246 days, ensures that the vegetation and animal life thrive in this unique area of Texas. The Preserve now manages over 112,000 acres scattered in nine land units and six water units. In 1981, Big Thicket National Preserve was also designated as a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO, thereby demonstrating its international importance.

Established by Congress in October of 1974 along with Big Cypress National Preserve, Big Thicket National Preserve was one of the first areas to be designated a national preserve. Congress mandated that the preserve was to "assure the preservation, conservation, and protection of the natural, scenic, and recreational values of a significant portion of the Big Thicket area in the State of Texas.”

The original Big Thicket of Texas covered between 2 million and 3 million acres in what is now mapped as the Pineywoods and Coastal Marsh ecoregions of the state. People have called the Big Thicket an "American ark" and "the biological crossroads of North America", as it has one of the most biologically diverse assemblages of species in the world. It is a transition zone where southeastern swamps, eastern deciduous forests, central plains, pine savannas, and dry sandhills meet. This diverse habitat allows an impressive array of species to coexist, including approximately 1,320 species of trees, shrubs, vines, and grasses (vascular plants), 60 mammal species, 86 reptile & amphibian species, 34 species offreshwater mussels, nearly 1,800 invertebrate species just in the Lepidoptera Family (butterflies,moths, skippers), 97 fish species, and at least 300 bird species. Cactus and orchids, beech trees and bald cypress trees, azaleas and pine trees, roadrunners and alligators, and historically, bison, jaguars & red wolves, are all included in the array of species. Four of the 5 known types of carnivorous plants found in the U.S. are found in the Big Thicket. The abundant rainfall and the long growing season,around 246 days, ensures that the vegetation and animal life thrive in this unique area of Texas. The Preserve now manages over 112,000 acres scattered in nine land units and six water units. In 1981, Big Thicket National Preserve was also designated as a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO, thereby demonstrating its international importance.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Darth_VadEER

The preceding brought to you by Travel Texas, The Office of the Governor, Economic Development and Tourism.

What's up with that? I have no animosity for the Lone Star State, I've been there and had a good time. But this is a WVU sports fan board, why are you and a couple others from Texas here? Do you have some sort of connection to the Mountaineers? Just curious.

Last edited:
The preceding brought to you by Travel Texas, The Office of the Governor, Economic Development and Tourism.

What's up with that? I have no animosity for the Lone Star State, I've been there and had a good time. But this is a WVU sports fan board, why are you and a couple others from Texas here? Do you have some sort of connection to the Mountaineers? Just curious.

You are not in the Big East anymore.

Don't have to be so inclusive. Kick back, bullshit and laugh.
West Virginia shouldn't be afraid of anyone on the outside. That is cult like and controls the narrative.
Narrative doesn't need to be control because everyone has one. At least they should.

West Virginia shouldn't be afraid of anyone on the outside. That is cult like and controls the narrative.
Narrative doesn't need to be control because everyone has one. At least they should.

You took that a little too serious, it's certainly not about fear or even suspicion. Regardless of stereotypes it is far from 'cult like' to ask, "How did you end up here?" People in South Carolina ask me that all the time. I usually just tell them I took I-77 South.

You're not in the Southwest Conference anymore either, if you get my point.

It sounds to me like some goofballs in California are tired of being the kings of suck, so they want to ride the coattails of others. Sounds a lot like California, honestly.

"Can we please benefit from your success? FYI....If you say no, we'll make the government force you".... -Sincerely, California.

We just happen to find you unpleasant.

You aren't a very likable person. Youd be disliked no matter where you are from....you are an interloper and arent welcome.

For someone who seemingly spends ALL their time on message boards its remarkable how little you understand the nature of them....when you troll a board with unrelated propaganda there wont be a positive reaction.

And this is for you, Texas Townes. WVU has an R1 status as a research university, one of 130 out of 4,500 colleges and universities. Link

The Center for World University Rankings placed WVU among the top 1.5% of universities in the world. (2017)

Why do you continue with the WV stereotypes and spreading false facts regarding the quality of WVU academics? I think maybe the numbers that bother you the most are 42-41 from Nov 3, 2018.

I have nothing against you, but sometimes your bullshit gets a little deep. I can't expose your crap like WVUALLEN but hey, who can? I ask you again, why are you on here praising Texas and downing WV, both the state and university? And don't give me any crap about cultish mindsets (I think you meant clannish).

One thing that is inherent about true Mountaineers is that we don't take sh#t from anyone. We respect the other members of the Big 12 as well as their fans and we expect the courtesy in return. That is one thing you seem to lack.

And this is for you, Texas Townes. WVU has an R1 status as a research university, one of 130 out of 4,500 colleges and universities. Link

The Center for World University Rankings placed WVU among the top 1.5% of universities in the world. (2017)

Why do you continue with the WV stereotypes and spreading false facts regarding the quality of WVU academics? I think maybe the numbers that bother you the most are 42-41 from Nov 3, 2018.

I have nothing against you, but sometimes your bullshit gets a little deep. I can't expose your crap like WVUALLEN but hey, who can? I ask you again, why are you on here praising Texas and downing WV, both the state and university? And don't give me any crap about cultish mindsets (I think you meant clannish).

One thing that is inherent about true Mountaineers is that we don't take sh#t from anyone. We respect the other members of the Big 12 as well as their fans and we expect the courtesy in return. That is one thing you seem to lack.

A lot of FBS schools especially in the P5 are R1 research universities.
All flagship universities should be R1.

You should get this narrative out there about West Virginia.
That doesn't mean WVU doesn't have room for improvement

Forgot the word shithole that fits between Biological and Crossroads, and if the migration problem isn't solved, it soon won't feel like America either. Just sayin'

You are so far out of reality.

Mexicans and Central Americans have been coming to Texas for hundreds of years for work.
Hasn't kept Texas' economy from booming.

Migration is only a problem if you want to play on the xenophobic traits of the voters in this country.

Texas is a crossroads not just biologically but culturally as well.
That is what made the music and cuisine of Texas.

Hillary lost. Lol

Trump is playing politics with the wrong issues

He needs to pay attention what people like Will Hurd are trying to tell him.
Hurd is one of the more conservative congressmen in the United States. Hurd is an ex CIA agent and worked for the Crumpton Group.

Hillary lost.

It is not about Hillary vs Donald Trump.

Politics are local.
Trump has played on this conservative Populism.
Both forms of Populism are incorrect because a lot of the voting population cannot make sense of the issues at hand.
Especially with the new forms of the media.

How would you know the ACC would look past anything? You don’t know anyone and have no idea. You have a mental problem that makes you a know-it-all haha. You’re such a tool.

Looking past Pittsburgh....
Why doesn't the ACC channel broadcast the Pitt spring game.

Has 8 ACC spring games on the Cable Channel and 1 on ESPN

Even Duke and BC gets their spring on television

No respect for
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Wake
Miami
Louisville

https://fbschedules.com/spring-football-game-schedule/

It is not about Hillary vs Donald Trump.

Politics are local.
Trump has played on this conservative Populism.
Both forms of Populism are incorrect because a lot of the voting population cannot make sense of the issues at hand.
Especially with the new forms of the media.

After several years of being a paid member I left the Blue Lot due to all the constant personal attacks allowed. And now you are coming on a free Rivals WVU sports board, hijacking a thread regarding a specific topic and using multiple posts to spread left wing political bullshit.

Some of your sports views are simply provocative and create welcome debate. Your nonsense regarding politics and immigration belongs on an editorial page somewhere. What's next, your self confirmed views on LBGTQ special rights?

After several years of being a paid member I left the Blue Lot due to all the constant personal attacks allowed. And now you are coming on a free Rivals WVU sports board, hijacking a thread regarding a specific topic and using multiple posts to spread left wing political bullshit.

Some of your sports views are simply provocative and create welcome debate. Your nonsense regarding politics and immigration belongs on an editorial page somewhere. What's next, your self confirmed views on LBGTQ special rights?

I agree michael, I didn't come to a sports forum to hear that nonsense, nor did I come to here to hear right wing political crap either. Here to talk about sports.

Not spreading anything.
Just stating the facts. Trump is going to lose the election over his position on the border wall
He needs to come off of it but he can't because that was what he was elected to do.
He is not a great politican. If he was he would be selling the base a plan to ease their concerns and negotiate with powerful lobbying groups.

A lot of people like the current situation because they make millions of dollars from immigrants.

Nothing political.
I don't truthfully like either side.
Just understand what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT