ADVERTISEMENT

Luck set the standard. Can this HC win us a national championship?

Could you please provide a few names of realistic candidates to replace Dana?

I wouldn’t consider Nick Saban or others in his salary range to be realistic candidates.
The who you going to get argument is old and weak. You people said the same things when nehlen was there. What do you think Dana is like one of the guys in the bible who's going to live to 900. Maybe if you get in touch with reality instead of Ignoring it you might have some insight from time to time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Charleston Mountie
Unless he leaves for another job, he’ll have a few more years to try and you’ll have to live with it. Check back around 2020 or so to see if he’s on the way out. Wvu isn’t paying a large buyout if he continues to have winning records and make bowl games.

Well That's not gonna happen with Dana.

Could you please provide a few names of realistic candidates to replace Dana?

I wouldn’t consider Nick Saban or others in his salary range to be realistic candidates.
The who you going to get argument is old and weak. You people said the same things when nelen was there. What do you think Dana is like one of the guys in the bible who's going to live to 900. Maybe if you get in touch with reality instead of Ignoring it you might have some insight from time to time.
Maybe you guys can get shirts made up for your little club.
The He Man Dana Haters Club
On the back of the shirt it can say "mediocre"

Reactions: countryroads89
I’d say there is a much bigger market for a line of face towels or Kleenex imprinted with “Who you gonna get to do better than .500 in the Big 12?”

These old heads taking up for Dana are probably the same ones who ran Bowden out of town because he wasn’t a “local boy” and didn’t want to fire Nehlen when it was obvious he became mediocre in the mid 90s.

I’d say there is a much bigger market for a line of face towels or Kleenex imprinted with “Who you gonna get to do better than .500 in the Big 12?”

These old heads taking up for Dana are probably the same ones who ran Bowden out of town because he wasn’t a “local boy” and didn’t want to fire Nehlen when it was obvious he became mediocre in the mid 90s.
This old head wasnt old enough to run Bowden off
Nehlen yes
He deserved a send off on his terms
He earned it and put us on the map
I'm not defending Dana specifically
I didn't really like him at first
However even if we don't win a bowl this year he still is averaging 8 wins over 4 years
Was trending up until this year
And currently 7
Next year will be even more difficult adding NC State and Tennessee
I'm sure you'll call 8 wins mediocre
That's a favorite term in on here
This program is still trending up with the best recruiting class we have ever had

Larry Fedora would be an interesting hire.
Fedora has huge Texas connections. His brother is the head coach at A&M Consolidated in College Station, TX.

West Virginia would have to make a huge commitment to him financially. He has recruiting connections in DMV andTexas but none in Ohio and PA.

He must have huge connections with academics staff as well.

Nehlen yes
However even if we don't win a bowl this year he still is averaging 8 wins over 4 years
And currently 7
This program is still trending up with the best recruiting class we have ever had
Well if the AD who hired him stated we need a guy who can win us a national championship then 8 wins is mediocre. That was the op's premise for the thread.

Unless he leaves for another job, he’ll have a few more years to try and you’ll have to live with it. Check back around 2020 or so to see if he’s on the way out. Wvu isn’t paying a large buyout if he continues to have winning records and make bowl games.
Dana isn't leaving for another job. Look at all the AD's wvu is fighting off to keep him. The answer is zero but most programs want more than 7-5 and crappy bowl games. Dana's buyout will be 8.1 next season which is the same that it would have been in 2015. In 2019 it will be less. Dana should'nt get too comfortable.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Nehlen yes
And currently 7
Well if the AD who hired him stated we need a guy who can win us a national championship then 8 wins is mediocre. That was the op's premise for the thread.
Ollie Luck made the call and he is not here
Stewart had 9 wins each season
But some unpopular losses
Contrary to message board fodder
The sky is not falling

The reality is that WVU will never win a national championship in football. Never.

Dana isn't leaving for another job. Look at all the AD's wvu is fighting off to keep him. The answer is zero but most programs want more than 7-5 and crappy bowl games. Dana's buyout will be 8.1 next season which is the same that it would have been in 2015. In 2019 it will be less. Dana should'nt get too comfortable.
I’m sure Coach Holgorsen appreciates your advice, ............ You’re a Windbag.

I’m sure Coach Holgorsen appreciates your advice, ............ You’re a Windbag.
Maybe you should come up with another line windbag. If Holgorsen would'nt lose to 2nd year coachs, Rookie power 5 coachs and actually beat a legitimate top 25 team you would'nt have to keep on making excuses.

The who you going to get argument is old and weak. You people said the same things when nelen was there. What do you think Dana is like one of the guys in the bible who's going to live to 900. Maybe if you get in touch with reality instead of Ignoring it you might have some insight from time to time.

ColoradoKoolAidBoy..............where did you attend high school? I think I remember taking classes with you. Did you ever graduate? Warez

I don’t care if he’s comfortable or not. Wvu isn’t paying 8.1 mil to buy him out. Looks like it drops to 6.9 mil in 2019. Who knows, maybe he has another extension by 2019-2020, which should please you even more. Keep up the fight koolaid.

Dana ain’t going anywhere and 7 is all you get. WVU football ain’t a big deal. Get over it.

How many screen names do you have? Major applewhite? Big12fan? peterdragon?

I don’t care if he’s comfortable or not. Wvu isn’t paying 8.1 mil to buy him out. Looks like it drops to 6.9 mil in 2019. Who knows, maybe he has another extension by 2019-2020, which should please you even more. Keep up the fight koolaid.
3.5 mil and a heart of dallas bowl. we really's got are money's worth on that one.

Last edited:
$3.5 mil is very average pay (top 30)in big time college football today. But then again our famous alum drod commands about $6 mil / year for that same dominating 7-5 record. Carry on kiddo.
3.5 mil and a heart of dallas bowl. we really's got are money's worth on that one.

$3.5 mil is very average pay (top 30)in big time college football today. But then again our famous alum drod commands about $6 mil / year for that same dominating 7-5 record. Carry on kiddo.
Who said he's worth 6mil. You can get the same 7-5 results for for less 3.5. 10 years ago we expectated new years day bowls. 10 years later were working are way towards christmas time bowls. Keep making excuses kiddo.

Nehlen yes
And currently 7

You are confused. 7 wins 'was' considered a good benchmark in a season for games won DURING the season and when there were only 11 games. 7 wins now in a 13 game season because everyone goes to a bowl with 6 wins is a terrible benchmark. The new benchmark is 9 wins a season. Either 8 plus winning the bowl or 9 and losing the bowl. Keep up with the times, please.

By the way, Bill Stewart was doing 9 win seasons and he got fired because that was not enough. I did not like Bill as a coach, I did as a man, but I give him credit for what he did.

What excuse koolaid?
You guys are always making excuses. The Koolaid that I drink tells me That were 7-5 for the 3rd time in the last 4 years. We are going to another crappy Bowl game the day after christmas. We haven't beaten a team that finished in the top 25 in over 3 years. This coach's best win came with another coach's players. This coach's best road win came with another coachs players. We got taken to school by a former rival with a 2nd year coach. So tell me what does your pipe tell you? I bet that pipe you have is made of glass.

“You guys”?. My pipe tells me Koolaid gotta do better if you are a true mountaineer. Step up your game. And stop sniffin that white powder at 2-3am. Or maybe you prefer dirty and used needle injection. Either one is no bueno so whatever your preferred choice is do it in moderation. And don’t hangout in the Sheetz bathrooms any more, they have blue lights to screw with your needle use. The green stuff is legal now so scale it back some.

You guys are always making excuses. The Koolaid that I drink tells me That were 7-5 for the 3rd time in the last 4 years. We are going to another crappy Bowl game the day after christmas. We haven't beaten a team that finished in the top 25 in over 3 years. This coach's best win came with another coach's players. This coach's best road win came with another coachs players. We got taken to school by a former rival with a 2nd year coach. So tell me what does your pipe tell you? I bet that pipe you have is made of glass.

“You guys”?. My pipe tells me Koolaid gotta do better if you are a true mountaineer. Step up your game. And stop sniffin that white powder at 2-3am. Or maybe you prefer dirty and used needle injection. Either one is no bueno so whatever your preferred choice is do it in moderation. And don’t hangout in the Sheetz bathrooms any more, they have blue lights to screw with your needle use. The green stuff is legal now so scale it back some.
A true Mountaineer doesn't accept mediocrity. Acceptance of Mediocrity is a path to eventual failure. BTW I don't do drugs but I have the authority to administer them. Advice to you see your PCP and ask him for some Lorazepam. You need it.

A true Mountaineer doesn't accept mediocrity. Acceptance of Mediocrity is a path to eventual failure. BTW I don't do drugs but I have the authority to administer them. Advice to you see your PCP and ask him for some Lorazepam. You need it.

KoolAid...................have you ever sniffed any crack? My advice is to never never try and sniff your own. Especially while operating a motor vehicle. By the way, I hope you know my jabs are all in fun. In reality I am yo friend. Warez

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT