ADVERTISEMENT

Luck set the standard. Can this HC win us a national championship?

Oh koolaid you are way to easy. You know what they say about denial. The government still has programs targeted directly for people like you. Take advantage before the trump cuts.

a
A true Mountaineer doesn't accept mediocrity. Acceptance of Mediocrity is a path to eventual failure. BTW I don't do drugs but I have the authority to administer them. Advice to you see your PCP and ask him for some Lorazepam. You need it.

Reactions: Major Applewhite
Snake farm. It just sounds nasty. Snake farm. It pretty much is. At least Ray Wylie Hubbard sees it that way. Warez

Ray Wylie day

Some get spiritual because they see the light and some because they feel the heat

Singing about some Black Diamond strings. Price doesnt always determine quality

Last edited:
Lets hope POTUS cuts out most giveaway programs funded by working folk lol.

Why are you attempting to bring politics in a sports message board is beyond me?

I will give you a little overview of macro economics if you will listen.
There are two main theories in economics. Keynesian that claims that the government should put money into the economy to stimulate it or the Chicago school of supply side economics.

Both have their issues. The Keynesian causes inflation and the Chicago School supply side causes depression because it relies on investment and new growth.

With new industries not being created it is best to stay in the middle. Especially considering that the last time this country attempted to use supply side economics it caused the recession of the last decade and almost damaged the economy long term.

This is why many in the intelligence community question Trump's loyalty because it seems like every major action of his is damaging the United States. This is not about the left vs the right it is about what is best for the United States.

Giving away tax cuts to people who will either invest the money or will keep the money will hurt the economy because new industries are not being created and no matter how much you invest into a company if you damage the people who consume then there is no money for people to buy these products.
You see government handouts as something bad and others see it as something that creates jobs and creates business because the poor spend money but the rich save money.

If you give someone who is poor 1,000 the will go to the store and buy things if you give someone who is well off 1,000 dollars they will save it or invest it.
There is nothing to invest it at this current time because growth is stagnant.
Wait until commercial space travel takes off then you cut taxes.

Google deflation and study what happens when deflation happens. Deflation is what almost occurred in the US 10 years ago and once deflation happens it cannot be fixed over night.

Last edited:
you are an interesting guy...i was responding to the jerk of the days trump rag. also...glad to see you have learned to Google. However, it doesn't make up for the lack of high school education lol.

you are an interesting guy...i was responding to the jerk of the days trump rag. also...glad to see you have learned to Google. However, it doesn't make up for the lack of high school education lol.

Look at your former AD Oliver Luck. Attending a certain school does not determine your education. A lot of people run down WVU as a horrible institution but it created Oliver Luck.
He may have been the only person who attended UT law school out of WVU.

Some of the smartest people I have met didn't get pass the sixth grade while some of the dumbest people I have met have post graduate degrees.
Finishing schools just determines how determine you are.
Education is determined by how well one thinks for themselves and how they can analyze information.
For instance 99.9% of the information google will
give you on a search.

For those who think we are headed in the right direction, please tell me the last time we got embarrassed like we did against Oklahoma? They could have scored 100 points if they wanted to. They scored a TD on their first seven possessions. They only stopped scoring when they took out their starters. That has never happened in the history of WVU football! Not even Testaverde's loaded with NFL'ers Miami team beat us like that.

When Luck fired Stewart, he said he made the change because it was obvious we were not going to win a national championship with him. Luck set the standard. You can't move the goalposts now and say, "Well, a 10-2 season every now and then is the best we can do." No, the standard has been set. "Can we win a national championship with this guy?"

I loved Bill Stewart, but if the standard is, "Can we win a NC with this guy?" then I agreed with Luck's assessment. Stewart had to go. We only gave him three years of 9 wins to figure it out. Bill Stewart could have won an average a 7 games a year in the Big 12. No doubt in my mind about that. But that wasn't the standard. Can this coach lead us to a NC? Well, after 7 years of being able to recruit his own staff, his own players, his own everything, and a Oklahoma team that lost to Iowa State has to mercifully pull its starters in the 3rd quarter, well, we are certainly not headed in the right direction.

Let me ask it this way: If Will Grier doesn't fall into our laps, does this team come back and beat Texas Tech? What happens in that Kansas State game that we barely held on to win? Do we defeat a vastly improved Iowa State squad? No way. We all know it. This program is a lucky transfer away from being 4-8 for the second time in 4 years. If Grier doesn't come back next year, we are toast.

I'm not saying the sky is falling. It HAS ALREADY fallen and Will Grier just gave us a year of fool's gold to prolong the agony. Is Grier good enough to lead us to another fool's gold 7-5/8-4 next year? I think so. He's THAT good of a college QB. But there will be no touchdown Jesus to save us come 2019. Dana will leave after next year ... he'll take some job ... any job ... and get out before someone says the emperor has no clothes. The man is not a leader. We've got some good assistants and some good recruiters, just like Bill Stewart had.

Sadly, after Dana jumps ship, some will say, "see how lucky we were to have Dana," when in reality he's the one whose void of leadership fiddled while the programmed burned. I just hope we don't end up like Nebraska and be so far down it's hard to come back from it. After Saturday, I think we are there.

Cliffs please! Are saying WVU sucks? Or WVU is gonna suck?

Why are you attempting to bring politics in a sports message board is beyond me?

I will give you a little overview of macro economics if you will listen.
There are two main theories in economics. Keynesian that claims that the government should put money into the economy to stimulate it or the Chicago school of supply side economics.

Both have their issues. The Keynesian causes inflation and the Chicago School supply side causes depression because it relies on investment and new growth.

With new industries not being created it is best to stay in the middle. Especially considering that the last time this country attempted to use supply side economics it caused the recession of the last decade and almost damaged the economy long term.

This is why many in the intelligence community question Trump's loyalty because it seems like every major action of his is damaging the United States. This is not about the left vs the right it is about what is best for the United States.

Giving away tax cuts to people who will either invest the money or will keep the money will hurt the economy because new industries are not being created and no matter how much you invest into a company if you damage the people who consume then there is no money for people to buy these products.
You see government handouts as something bad and others see it as something that creates jobs and creates business because the poor spend money but the rich save money.

If you give someone who is poor 1,000 the will go to the store and buy things if you give someone who is well off 1,000 dollars they will save it or invest it.
There is nothing to invest it at this current time because growth is stagnant.
Wait until commercial space travel takes off then you cut taxes.

Google deflation and study what happens when deflation happens. Deflation is what almost occurred in the US 10 years ago and once deflation happens it cannot be fixed over night.
Puff the magic dragon, Mrs Applewhite and whatever else you call yourself. If you don't like politics being discussed here then asked bleacher why he brought it up in the 1st place.

Oh koolaid you are way to easy. You know what they say about denial. The government still has programs targeted directly for people like you. Take advantage before the trump cuts.

a
Denial is for those who keep saying next year and the year after that. Heart of dallas bowl and being and underdog to a 6-6 pac 12 team pretty much says it all. We know you'll have and excuse next year. When its some other crappy bowl game. If you actually did time to do the math it would be cheaper to Fire DH next year and pay his buyout then it would to let him continue through this 5 years contract. But all those drugs you have been doing have clouded your critical thinking skills.

Denial is for those who keep saying next year and the year after that. Heart of dallas bowl and being and underdog to a 6-6 pac 12 team pretty much says it all. We know you'll have and excuse next year. When its some other crappy bowl game. If you actually did time to do the math it would be cheaper to Fire DH next year and pay his buyout then it would to let him continue through this 5 years contract. But all those drugs you have been doing have clouded your critical thinking skills.

People here act like it is, but money is not a problem. Just like the NFL does not want anyone looking at their books no P5 school wants the AD books examined. WVU has the money to toss Dana right now, not cry over the coin and then hire a proven head coach for 6 +mil per year. We have deep pockets but we like to think we are poor.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
No I don't smoke anything. I bet you don't like to smoke poles either you probably like to suck on them.

Quit bending over so much Koolaid boy.........
culture+war+homos.jpg

Koolaid boy and his man Greg

No I don't smoke anything. I bet you don't like to smoke poles either you probably like to suck on them.

ColoradoKoolAidBoy.............you need to clean your act up. We don't need such talk on this here poster board! I plan to run you out on a rail. You will be hearing from the board moderator as soon as the ruling is made against you. War-ez

People here act like it is, but money is not a problem. Just like the NFL does not want anyone looking at their books no P5 school wants the AD books examined. WVU has the money to toss Dana right now, not cry over the coin and then hire a proven head coach for 6 +mil per year. We have deep pockets but we like to think we are poor.

Not true.
All public institutions have to file their financial documents.
You have the Public Infomation Act in West Virginia so anyone can access WVU's financial documents

http://www.legis.state.wv.us/wvcode/code.cfm?chap=29b

ColoradoKoolAidBoy.............you need to clean your act up. We don't need such talk on this here poster board! I plan to run you out on a rail. You will be hearing from the board moderator as soon as the ruling is made against you. War-ez

Is he bonafide Blues and rock n roll truth... Like Ray Wylie and his son.

Last edited:
Look who liked your post. One of Mrs applewhites screen names.

KoolAid...................have you ever sniffed any crack? My advice is to never never try and sniff your own. Especially while operating a motor vehicle. By the way, I hope you know my jabs are all in fun. In reality I am yo friend. Warez
Don't worry tex no problem with you. If you were only 1% Texan that would be 1000% more than Mrs applewhite, Puff the Magic dragon and coolhandlucy and whatever else that fool calls himself.

ColoradoTweeker

This is not the playground. Some of us come in here to talk WVU sports and not to hear your juvenile comments.
If you like men go flirt with men elsewhere.

For those who think we are headed in the right direction, please tell me the last time we got embarrassed like we did against Oklahoma? They could have scored 100 points if they wanted to. They scored a TD on their first seven possessions. They only stopped scoring when they took out their starters. That has never happened in the history of WVU football! Not even Testaverde's loaded with NFL'ers Miami team beat us like that.

When Luck fired Stewart, he said he made the change because it was obvious we were not going to win a national championship with him. Luck set the standard. You can't move the goalposts now and say, "Well, a 10-2 season every now and then is the best we can do." No, the standard has been set. "Can we win a national championship with this guy?"

I loved Bill Stewart, but if the standard is, "Can we win a NC with this guy?" then I agreed with Luck's assessment. Stewart had to go. We only gave him three years of 9 wins to figure it out. Bill Stewart could have won an average a 7 games a year in the Big 12. No doubt in my mind about that. But that wasn't the standard. Can this coach lead us to a NC? Well, after 7 years of being able to recruit his own staff, his own players, his own everything, and a Oklahoma team that lost to Iowa State has to mercifully pull its starters in the 3rd quarter, well, we are certainly not headed in the right direction.

Let me ask it this way: If Will Grier doesn't fall into our laps, does this team come back and beat Texas Tech? What happens in that Kansas State game that we barely held on to win? Do we defeat a vastly improved Iowa State squad? No way. We all know it. This program is a lucky transfer away from being 4-8 for the second time in 4 years. If Grier doesn't come back next year, we are toast.

I'm not saying the sky is falling. It HAS ALREADY fallen and Will Grier just gave us a year of fool's gold to prolong the agony. Is Grier good enough to lead us to another fool's gold 7-5/8-4 next year? I think so. He's THAT good of a college QB. But there will be no touchdown Jesus to save us come 2019. Dana will leave after next year ... he'll take some job ... any job ... and get out before someone says the emperor has no clothes. The man is not a leader. We've got some good assistants and some good recruiters, just like Bill Stewart had.

Sadly, after Dana jumps ship, some will say, "see how lucky we were to have Dana," when in reality he's the one whose void of leadership fiddled while the programmed burned. I just hope we don't end up like Nebraska and be so far down it's hard to come back from it. After Saturday, I think we are there.

If Pat White doesn't fall in to RichRods lap do we win with Rich. The what if scenarios makes your argument weak at best. Dana is our coach. Oliver had nothing to do with extending his contract. Every coach is a crap shoot because there are so many variables. We could have done so much worse than Dana. If you can't see the difference between the Big East and the Big 12 then I really can't help you understand. If you are in the group of people that thinks we should just go hire Jimbo Fisher because he's from WV then that tells me all I need to know. The Oklahoma game was not pretty defensively. However, If you saw the championship game you saw Oklahoma do pretty much the same to the second place team in this league. We need to get better. But I totally disagree with the premise that we made a mistake hiring Dana.

If Pat White doesn't fall in to RichRods lap do we win with Rich. The what if scenarios makes your argument weak at best. Dana is our coach. Oliver had nothing to do with extending his contract. Every coach is a crap shoot because there are so many variables. We could have done so much worse than Dana. If you can't see the difference between the Big East and the Big 12 then I really can't help you understand. If you are in the group of people that thinks we should just go hire Jimbo Fisher because he's from WV then that tells me all I need to know. The Oklahoma game was not pretty defensively. However, If you saw the championship game you saw Oklahoma do pretty much the same to the second place team in this league. We need to get better. But I totally disagree with the premise that we made a mistake hiring Dana.

What a load of horse manure. The difference between the Big East and the Big-12 was very, very little. The difference between the Mountain West and the Big-12 was huge. The difference between the Big East and the Mountain West was huge.

Yet, TCU coming from the Mountain West has blown WVU to pieces with their performance and WVU had a leg up after competing in a much tougher conference than the Mountain West.

Any time people spout this stuff, just point to TCU. if TCU did all that they have done, WVU by virtue of a deeper legacy and coming from a better conference should have done much more and yet we have done zilch since we have been in the Big-12 and that future is not changing any time soon.

The difference between the Big East and Big XII is a lot more than you are claiming.
After Miami and Va Tech left in 2004 the Big East and Mountain West were not that far apart.

Like when Utah beat Big East champ Pittsburgh quite easily

TCU struggled their first two years
7-6
4-8
Their third and fourth year because of leadership stepped back up 23-3. They won their bowl against quality opponents both years. Even blowing out Ole Miss
6-7
With a senior QB they stepped back up.

I expect next year they will be 7-6 or 6-7

Watch out for TCU in two years because they have an amazing QB coming in from Bossier City, LA.

Unlike WVU they prepared themselves for the challenge.

Your mentality is what hurt WVU and you continue it because you are not a WVU fan.

Reactions: Phil
ADVERTISEMENT