ADVERTISEMENT

lol... CIA's Brennan says tearing up Iran deal would be 'folly'

WVU82

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-cia-idUSKBN13P0K3

Outgoing CIA Director John Brennan has said it would be the "height of folly" for U.S. President-elect Donald Trump to tear up Washington's deal with Tehran because it would make it more likely that Iran and others would acquire nuclear weapons.

"It could lead to a weapons program inside of Iran that could lead other states in the region to embark on their own programs," Brennan said in an interview with the BBC aired on Wednesday.

"So I think it would be the height of folly if the next administration were to tear up that agreement."

Brennan also said that in dealing with the Syrian crisis, Trump should be cautious in trying to work with Russia.

"I hope there is going to be an improvement in relations between Washington and Moscow," he said.

"President-elect Trump and the new administration need to be wary of Russian promises. Russian promises in my mind have not given us what it is that they have pledged."

Outgoing CIA Director John Brennan has said it would be the "height of folly" for U.S. President-elect Donald Trump to tear up Washington's deal with Tehran because it would make it more likely that Iran and others would acquire nuclear weapons.

"It could lead to a weapons program inside of Iran that could lead other states in the region to embark on their own programs," Brennan said in an interview with the BBC aired on Wednesday.

"So I think it would be the height of folly if the next administration were to tear up that agreement."

Brennan also said that in dealing with the Syrian crisis, Trump should be cautious in trying to work with Russia.

"I hope there is going to be an improvement in relations between Washington and Moscow," he said.

"President-elect Trump and the new administration need to be wary of Russian promises. Russian promises in my mind have not given us what it is that they have pledged."

John brennan has been at the wheel the last 8 years of a terrible foreign policy admin. He's going to say it is bad, but what proof do we have it's good? I know, paying a 1.5 billion dollar ransom.

John brennan has been at the wheel the last 8 years of a terrible foreign policy admin. He's going to say it is bad, but what proof do we have it's good? I know, paying a 1.5 billion dollar ransom.
We have absolute terrible foreign policy at present. What the hell is in Iran deal that we want to keep? How can you verify that Iran is in compliance since you have no way of verification. Suggesting we not accept Russia at her word and you want to believe the word of ME countries who are taught that it is not necessary to be honest with US. May have even read that in Koran. Hard to believe this administration itself believes what they say in their released comments.

I don't think Trump will immediately team up the Iran Agreement. But Brennan is wrong. Tehran is going to get a nuke. It may be in a few years in may be when this agreement ends, but they will get the nuke. They are already violating the terms of the agreement specifically on supplying arms to terrorists and in their missile testing program. They just bought $8 in arms from Russia. I think Trump won't put up with these blatant actions violating the agreement.

I think he tells our European counterparts that if they continue to violate, he will impose new sanctions. And if they don't go along, there will be hell to pay for them. The Iranians will hate it, but they fear Trump. They don't want to see U.S. planes taking out their facilities, with the support of most of the Middle East since most of the Middle East despises Iran.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT