ADVERTISEMENT

Logan Routt had some good minutes yesterday

He’s way quicker on his feet defensively. His offense is non-existent but that will come.

I thought he gave huge quality minutes. He is much more of a true center than Bender. I thought he didn’t give much in terms of space on defense when he had his back to the bucket but his underneath position and boxing out was huge. Honestly I think he earned future minutes

Huggs brought this up in the post-game media conference. He thought Logan played extremely well. Personally, I think he's better than Bender.....

I thought he played really solid D yesterday when on the floor. He moved around well and seemed to always be in good position. Would be good to see him continue to get some minutes to help spell sags.

We are going to have games where, like Kansas, the opposition has 250lb big men and refs put the quick whistle on Sags. Magic and Routt are going to have to provide substantial minutes.

But I'm telling you, Magic has a big upside. He has far more athletic ability than Logan but like Huggs said, Magic is just now getting the language down. Once he starts understanding English better, the game will slow down for him. I played in Spain for a summer and when your mind is constantly translating what is going on language-wise, it slows you down physically. It's hard to understand if you haven't done it. All that is to say, Magic is going to get much, much better. Logan will continue to improve. We will need them both to beat a Duke or a Michigan or a North Carolina in the NCAAs because the refs simply will tag our best players with ticky tack fouls. It happens every year.

We are going to have games where, like Kansas, the opposition has 250lb big men and refs put the quick whistle on Sags. Magic and Routt are going to have to provide substantial minutes.

But I'm telling you, Magic has a big upside. He has far more athletic ability than Logan but like Huggs said, Magic is just now getting the language down. Once he starts understanding English better, the game will slow down for him. I played in Spain for a summer and when your mind is constantly translating what is going on language-wise, it slows you down physically. It's hard to understand if you haven't done it. All that is to say, Magic is going to get much, much better. Logan will continue to improve. We will need them both to beat a Duke or a Michigan or a North Carolina in the NCAAs because the refs simply will tag our best players with ticky tack fouls. It happens every year.

I doubt that Magic spends much time translating from language to language during the game. If he does, I think he would have to be the one that tells us what's going on in his mind. A third party sure can't be privy to this information. Warez

“I think he still has a ways to go with the language,” Huggins said. “He speaks English pretty well. He understands everything, but if we get to talking terminology or if we start talking really fast, he’s still trying to process it.”

“I think he still has a ways to go with the language,” Huggins said. “He speaks English pretty well. He understands everything, but if we get to talking terminology or if we start talking really fast, he’s still trying to process it.”

So, I guess Magi told Hugs that he was juggling the words shoot, pass, dribble, jump, etc. between languages during the game and it was really confusing to him. It's confusing to ole Warez as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT