ADVERTISEMENT

Liberal snowflakes flee Pence speech. So triggered. What are they afraid of? Typical libs.

So I was listening to a talk show a hour ago where a mother attended the Notre Dame graduation for her daughter. She reported that out of over 3000 graduates in attendance, less than 100 students walked out ( and it appeared no one in the stands left ).

So three things; 1. the media grossly exaggerated what happened, 2. while they had every right to leave, a sizable number of people in attendance thought it was in very poor taste and inappropriate by booing. 3. They at least didn't interrupt his speech nor making fools of themselves by remaining and turning their backs or worse interrupting his speech.

The press once again determines what " angle" to take with the news. Usually, one that supports their agenda.
More whining

So I was listening to a talk show a hour ago where a mother attended the Notre Dame graduation for her daughter. She reported that out of over 3000 graduates in attendance, less than 100 students walked out ( and it appeared no one in the stands left ).

So three things; 1. the media grossly exaggerated what happened, 2. while they had every right to leave, a sizable number of people in attendance thought it was in very poor taste and inappropriate by booing. 3. They at least didn't interrupt his speech nor making fools of themselves by remaining and turning their backs or worse interrupting his speech.

The press once again determines what " angle" to take with the news. Usually, one that supports their agenda.

I do give them credit for not trying to shut down his speech. I think it still inappropriate. If you want to protest, do so outside the venue. But once inside, it is rude, disrespectful and inappropriate. No one did that to Obama, for example. It seems this is mostly a liberal thing.

Because you hate a large part of who they are.

And as I explained, "homophobe" is a term describing those who are homophobic. There are many reasons why you wouldn't receive respect from myself, in a general sense, it's because you think (in America) you have the right to attempt to control the choices of others in this nation, due to your chosen religion.

No not at all boom. I've said they are free to practice their Sin. (they do) You on the Left do not like us (Christians) calling what they do "sinful" but that is simply what we believe based on what's in that Bible.

Now I agree with you in a tolerant society everyone should be free to practice what they believe and reject whatever rules they wish to reject. That's not without consequence, but I agree they should be free to behave or practice what they want (as long as it's not illegal)

If homosexuals are free to be as kinky as they want to be (they are) why can't people of Faith be equally free to reject their chosen behavior or characterize it as "sinful" as they believe it to be?

Why does the Left call their choice (Christians calling homosexual activity Sinful) "hateful"?

That smacks to me of the very intolerance you on the Left accuse the Right of? We are not free to view homosexual behavior as we see it like they are free to practice it?

No not at all boom. I've said they are free to practice their Sin. (they do) You on the Left do not like us (Christians) calling what they do "sinful" but that is simply what we believe based on what's in that Bible.

Now I agree with you in a tolerant society everyone should be free to practice what they believe and reject whatever rules they wish to reject. That's not without consequence, but I agree they should be free to behave or practice what they want (as long as it's not illegal)

If homosexuals are free to be as kinky as they want to be (they are) why can't people of Faith be equally free to reject their chosen behavior or characterize it as "sinful" as they believe it to be?

Why does the Left call their choice (Christians calling homosexual activity Sinful) "hateful"?

Boom does not seem to understand that God gave us freewill. We can do what we want. We will eventually be judged for our actions. He simply tells us what is right and what is wrong. We then decide our own path.

Reactions: atlkvb
No one is being deprived of their free speech? What planet do you live on? When they are invited to speak and their speech is shut down, they are being deprived of their ability to speak. This is not hard. You can't be this stupid.
You're welcome to your opinion, obviously I disagree. If what you say is true then surely there are lawsuits associated with these instances, let them go forward.

If Christians that reject homosexuality simply keptvthose feelings to themselves or within their church, well then, I don't think there would be much of an issue now would there? But you can't do that can you? No.....it has to be in legislation, public addresses, public protests, etc....

That's a fair answer. Beter than "hater". I'm sure almighty God respects your ability to also allow him to have an opinion on the subject without being called a more disgusting name like "homophobe".

Good for you boom. Almighty God is simply a "myth". He can live with that.

Boom does not seem to understand that God gave us freewill. We can do what we want. We will eventually be judged for our actions. He simply tells us what is right and what is wrong. We then decide our own path.
Then why support a bill providing federal funds for conversion therapy?

That's a fair answer. Beter than "hater". I'm sure almighty God respects your ability to also allow him to have an opinion on the subject without being called a more disgusting name like "homophobe".

Good for you boom. Almighty God is simply a "myth". He can live with that.
What makes homophobe a disgusting term? Is germaphobe as horrible of a term?

This board is getting very confusing.....
A few days ago several liberal posters were clamoring for a Pence Presidency and now they call him a racist homophobe.
And more confusing is what side is considered a "Snowflake".....left or right?

If Christians that reject homosexuality simply keptvthose feelings to themselves or within their church, well then, I don't think there would be much of an issue now would there? But you can't do that can you? No.....it has to be in legislation, public addresses, public protests, etc....

Well I'd argue the same thing for the Left's "religious views" on race, climate change, income distribution, energy use, or socialization. If they simply kept their views to themselves instead of trying to "impose" their beliefs on others without it being forced into our legislation, public addresses, movies, protests, etc wouldn't we have a much more tolerant & peaceful society boom?

This board is getting very confusing.....
A few days ago several liberal posters were clamoring for a Pence Presidency and now they call him a racist homophobe.
And more confusing is what side is considered a "Snowflake".....left or right?
Never heard me clamoring for a Pence Presidency. Although I think he would be better than our current President, I wouldn't be happy. You can still tell a difference between people other than liberal or not?

Well I'd argue the same thing for the Left's "religious views" on race, climate change, income distribution, energy use, or socialization. If they simply kept their views to themselves instead of trying to "impose" their beliefs on others without it being forced into our legislation, public addresses, movies, protests, etc wouldn't we have a much more tolerant & peaceful society boom?
I don't even know how to address that nonsense.

or maybe they just don't like LGBTQ haters.
So if someone doesn't agree with something they are now considered a "hater"? Looks to me like someone needs to look into the mirror.

What makes homophobe a disgusting term? Is germaphobe as horrible of a term?

Just as you said boom...a "phobia" suggests a "fear" usually unwarranted or hyped beyond sense of reality.

So you think Almighty God, the Creator of the Universe is a myth correct? Does that make you a "Godaphobe"? or "creatophobic" (one who is afraid of the creation itself?)

Last edited:
Then why support a bill providing federal funds for conversion therapy?

First of all, Pence did not do as you suggested. I posted a response to this already. Christians want to help sinners repent and stop sinning. That's what this is all about. They want them all to be judged in a way that guarantees eternal life.

I don't even know how to address that nonsense.

You made the same statement about people of Faith boom, I didn't call it "nonsense" I was just trying to see if you applied the same standard to views oposite of your own?

By your own admission you are very tolerant and open minded, why not here?

Never heard me clamoring for a Pence Presidency. Although I think he would be better than our current President, I wouldn't be happy. You can still tell a difference between people other than liberal or not?
Several others did and I understand why they did it. Still had to point it out.

Reactions: Boomboom521
You're welcome to your opinion, obviously I disagree. If what you say is true then surely there are lawsuits associated with these instances, let them go forward.

They will and are. But there is no dispute about this. They were deprived of their free speech. If you are hired to give a speech and threats emerge along with violence that stops you, that is being deprived of your free speech rights. This is very, very easy.

They why the violence to stop the speeches? Why the threats to stop the speeches? It is fear. Fear that some could be persuaded that their world view is wrong. So it must be shut down.

It's the First Amendment Boom. Are you defending these actions?
No one has to defend the legal action of walking out on a speech. And I hear more whining from the right that college changes their kids world view, it is probably due to increased knowledge and exposure to different cultures. Or in a nutshell, diversity, who is afraid of that? banning a speech is stupid, but there are stupid liberals just like there are racist liberals, what is your point?

Reactions: Boomboom521
They will and are. But there is no dispute about this. They were deprived of their free speech. If you are hired to give a speech and threats emerge along with violence that stops you, that is being deprived of your free speech rights. This is very, very easy.

and very, very dangerous.

No one has to defend the legal action of walking out on a speech. And I hear more whining from the right that college changes their kids world view, it is probably due to increased knowledge and exposure to different cultures. Or in a nutshell, diversity, who is afraid of that? banning a speech is stupid, but there are stupid liberals just like there are racist liberals, what is your point?

There is little to no diversity of thought on campus. It is indoctrination. Only one view is taught or even permitted on the vast majority of campuses.

So you acknowledged that people are being deprived of their free speech rights? Progress.

Let me know when the plaintiff wins one. That should be very, very easy for you to do.

Just as you said boom...a "phobia" suggests a "fear" usually unwarranted or hyped beyond sense of reality.

So you think Almighty God, the Creator of the Universe is a myth correct? Does that make you a "Godaphobe"? or "creatophobic" (one who afraid of the creation itself?)
When you refer to "God", I am well aware, due to your unbelievably biased vision of the world, that you are referring to your Christian "God" as described in the Bible. And so I answered, that to many that do not subscribe to your Christian "God"'s word, he is considered a myth.

I am not afraid of God in any form, including your Christian "God", nor am I afraid of you, or anyone else, worshipping your chosen God. I have my own spiritual views, but would never see to infringe upon the rights of another to have their own spiritual views and relationships. I do fear Christian ideology from overtaking the essence of my beloved nation, the most cherished and vital aspects of American thought, liberty.

There is little to no diversity of thought on campus. It is indoctrination. Only one view is taught or even permitted on the vast majority of campuses.

So you acknowledged that people are being deprived of their free speech rights? Progress.
Have you ever been on a college campus? To read your post one would think the answer is "no".

First of all, Pence did not do as you suggested. I posted a response to this already. Christians want to help sinners repent and stop sinning. That's what this is all about. They want them all to be judged in a way that guarantees eternal life.
That is a choice anyone can make at any time. Church doors are never shut on anyone, correct?

It's only called "indoctrination" when it's at Liberty University and some others. Surprised you haven't figured that out.

That's just simply incorrect.

Have you ever been on a college campus? To read your post one would think the answer is "no".

LMAO. You are very, very dense. I have 5 daughters, four have attended different universities. Each was very liberal. More importantly, no one disputes that the majority of universities in this country are liberal. Perhaps with the exception of yourself who seems to live in a world outside the world the rest of us live in.

It's only called "indoctrination" when it's at Liberty University and some others. Surprised you haven't figured that out.

Good point. This guy actually believes that most universities are bastions of free thought and presenting all sides of an issue.

That's incorrect as well, imo. A religious university has the right to use religious views in their educational curriculum, students have a choice to attend, if they do they are accepting of those religious viewpoints. That's not indoctrination.

That's just simply incorrect.

What is incorrect? I can provide proof of very liberal bias on most campuses. There are national stats on things like political contributions, political identifications, etc.

That's incorrect as well, imo. A religious university has the right to use religious views in their educational curriculum, students have a choice to attend, if they do they are accepting of those religious viewpoints. That's not indoctrination.

He is not referring to religion but ideology. Liberty is a conservative college, one of the very few in the country. The vast majority are liberal.

When you refer to "God", I am well aware, due to your unbelievably biased vision of the world, that you are referring to your Christian "God" as described in the Bible. And so I answered, that to many that do not subscribe to your Christian "God"'s word, he is considered a myth.

I am not afraid of God in any form, including your Christian "God", nor am I afraid of you, or anyone else, worshipping your chosen God. I have my own spiritual views, but would never see to infringe upon the rights of another to have their own spiritual views and relationships. I do fear Christian ideology from overtaking the essence of my beloved nation, the most cherished and vital aspects of American thought, liberty.

Then you have absolutely nothing to fear boom, and certainly no reason to refer to Christians as "haters" simply because they see homosexual behavior as Sinful. We can co-exist. Their behavior just as ours (Christians) does not come without consequence...but we are free to stll chose how to behave.

Your views are fine, and you should not be called a "hater" because you disagree with my views on homosexuality. I don't call you that. I have no right to. We are free to disbelieve, and think freely, and I don't have a problem with that.

I'm simply confused why on the Left I'm called a "hater" for simply disagreeing with how you choose to behave? Do you think that's fair?

LMAO. You are very, very dense. I have 5 daughters, four have attended different universities. Each was very liberal. More importantly, no one disputes that the majority of universities in this country are liberal. Perhaps with the exception of yourself who seems to live in a world outside the world the rest of us live in.
Congrats on your girls. We need to find more common ground, and love of our children is pretty uniform left or right. I might not agree with your political or religious stances, but I will say that it looks like you were a good father. I hope to follow your example in that regard. Congrats again! No small feat in today's world

That is a choice anyone can make at any time. Church doors are never shut on anyone, correct?

I don't understand your point. Church doors being open are far different than active programs to help people avoid sin.

He is not referring to religion but ideology. Liberty is a conservative college, one of the very few in the country. The vast majority are liberal.
But conservative political ideology is often influenced by religious ideology, and there is nothing wrong with a university openly using religious ideology to support a conservative influenced curriculum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT