ADVERTISEMENT

Liberal snowflakes flee Pence speech. So triggered. What are they afraid of? Typical libs.

Some didn't like him as governor and they still don't like him. So?

Invitation to speak 'an egregious insult'
Speaking on Sunday ahead of his graduation, Bryan Ricketts told CNN he would be walking out after learning solidarity during his time at Notre Dame.
"Personally, I know Mike Pence's policies from his time as governor,
when he tried to implement RFRA (The Religious Freedom Restoration Act) without civil rights protections for LGBTQ people. As a gay man, this directly impacted me. However, many graduates here have been directly targeted by other policies -- for example, those students and their families who are undocumented and who risk deportation to celebrate this milestone in their lives," Ricketts said.
Fellow protester Jenn Cha said it there needed to be space for dialogue between people of different beliefs. "However, it is an egregious insult to invite Pence to speak at the celebration of the accomplishments of university graduates, many of whom are LGBTQ, first-generation, low-income, and people of color he has actively supported legislation against," she said.
Liz Hynes said that Pence represented the kind of intolerance Notre Dame had sought to eliminate. "His anti-LGBT, anti-refugee, and anti-health care policies have harmed people in ways for which no religious justification can be made."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/22/politics/mike-pence-notre-dame-speech/

It's a protest, a statement, and it got covered and is irritating the rubes, mission accomplished. Or did you not know that Trump and Pence are extremely unpopular?

Reactions: countryroads89

Speaking on Sunday ahead of his graduation, Bryan Ricketts told CNN he would be walking out after learning solidarity during his time at Notre Dame.
when he tried to implement RFRA (The Religious Freedom Restoration Act) without civil rights protections for LGBTQ people. As a gay man, this directly impacted me. However, many graduates here have been directly targeted by other policies -- for example, those students and their families who are undocumented and who risk deportation to celebrate this milestone in their lives," Ricketts said.
Fellow protester Jenn Cha said it there needed to be space for dialogue between people of different beliefs. "However, it is an egregious insult to invite Pence to speak at the celebration of the accomplishments of university graduates, many of whom are LGBTQ, first-generation, low-income, and people of color he has actively supported legislation against," she said.
Liz Hynes said that Pence represented the kind of intolerance Notre Dame had sought to eliminate. "His anti-LGBT, anti-refugee, and anti-health care policies have harmed people in ways for which no religious justification can be made."

Lib snowflakes walk out. Don't want to hear something they don't agree wth. Cowards. Libs all over the country learning not to listen to someone opinion that is different than their own.

It's a protest, a statement, and it got covered and is irritating the rubes, mission accomplished. Or did you not know that Trump and Pence are extremely unpopular?

Libs teaching other libs to not lister to opposing point of view. I can tell you Dems of old would be appalled. JFK is turning over in his grave.

It's also very childish. "Oh bad man says words I don't like.... ohhhhh I must turn back on bad man...."

Kids... they need to grow the frack up.

Some people chose to protest, it was peaceful, it was legitimate.....I have no problem with it at all. Freedom of speech, freedom of expression. Not like they haven't heard the same vague, "America first", "Trump is great", political bs before. We've all heard the same thing since last summer pretty much.

It's also very childish. "Oh bad man says words I don't like.... ohhhhh I must turn back on bad man...."

Kids... they need to grow the frack up.
Some students chose to excercise their rights and not listen. Nothing wrong with that.

Some people chose to protest, it was peaceful, it was legitimate.....I have no problem with it at all. Freedom of speech, freedom of expression. Not like they haven't heard the same vague, "America first", "Trump is great", political bs before. We've all heard the same thing since last summer pretty much.

Snowflakes, not wanting to hear words or ideas contrary to their own. And Pence's speech was not political. Libs just can't stand to hear other ideas. They are terrified of them.

Some students chose to excercise their rights and not listen. Nothing wrong with that.

Everything wrong with that when the speaker is Vice President of the United States. You may not like his policies, but college is all about hearing others ideas. Why be so frightened that you walk out? Why be so frightened that you destroy property, injure people to stop a speaker you don't like? Why threaten colleges to stop a speaker you don't like? These are all happening all over the country from LIBERALS. I hope you're proud of your these travelers.

What did the Notre Dame students do when Obama spoke there in 2009? It's simply a peaceful exercise of free speech.

Reactions: Boomboom521
Everything wrong with that when the speaker is Vice President of the United States. You may not like his policies, but college is all about hearing others ideas. Why be so frightened that you walk out? Why be so frightened that you destroy property, injure people to stop a speaker you don't like? Why threaten colleges to stop a speaker you don't like? These are all happening all over the country from LIBERALS. I hope you're proud of your these travelers.
You're the one whining about it

Reactions: countryroads89
What did the Notre Dame students do when Obama spoke there in 2009? It's simply a peaceful exercise of free speech.

Pro life alumni and students ask to rescind the offer to speak since Obama is pro abortion at any time during pregnancy. He even voted as a state legislator to prevent doctors from trying to save a baby delivered as part of a botched abortion. Very, very extreme position.

This is a Catholic University where abortion is considered a mortal sin. I am not aware of anyone walking out on his speech, however. Big difference.

Pro life alumni and students ask to rescind the offer to speak since Obama is pro abortion at any time during pregnancy. He even voted as a state legislator to prevent doctors from trying to save a baby delivered as part of a botched abortion. Very, very extreme position.

This is a Catholic University where abortion is considered a mortal sin. I am not aware of anyone walking out on his speech, however. Big difference.
Always righteous versus the left. Easy to see

I do believe conservatives to be better for the country.
Nah really? A nation of people that think like you, that's what America needs. But it's the left that are against difference of opinion. Deep down, the reality is.....you're exactly what you rail against.

Nah really? A nation of people that think like you, that's what America needs. But it's the left that are against difference of opinion. Deep down, the reality is.....you're exactly what you rail against.

Absolutely wrong. I read different opinions on this board all the time. I have never walked out on a speaker because I was afraid of what I might hear. I have read books I disagree with.

I have never threatened violence to stop a speech. I have never committed violence to stop a speech. Libs are doing it all over the country. Do you need some examples?

Absolutely wrong. I read different opinions on this board all the time. I have never walked out on a speaker because I was afraid of what I might hear. I have read books I disagree with.

I have never threatened violence to stop a speech. I have never committed violence to stop a speech. Libs are doing it all over the country. Do you need some examples?
Yes you do read the different opinions, and you respond to the ones you don't agree with by using words Libs, Snowflakes etc. Just because they don't agree with your line of thinking doesn't make them wrong.

Yes you do read the different opinions, and you respond to the ones you don't agree with by using words Libs, Snowflakes etc. Just because they don't agree with your line of thinking doesn't make them wrong.

But they are libs, right? The kids in college are snowflakes. Heck, I didn't even make up the term.

I agree that what is right and wrong can be in dispute. That is why we debate. Both sides claim they're right, not just me.

Have you ever participated in a protest of any kind?

or maybe they just don't like LGBTQ haters.

He is a hater because he defends traditional marriage. This is how libs try and stifle debate. Disagree with someone, call them a racist, homophobe, xenophobe, etc. to shut down debate.

Sorry, that doesn't work on this board. You may want to try that somewhere else.

He is a hater because he defends traditional marriage. This is how libs try and stifle debate. Disagree with someone, call them a racist, homophobe, xenophobe, etc. to shut down debate.

Sorry, that doesn't work on this board. You may want to try that somewhere else.
The man secured funding to finding a cure for homosexuality....yes he's a hater

Huh? Just trying to inform you as to why the protest took place because I've seen your posts in this thread and you seem to have no idea why they walked out, you're welcome.

Have you ever participated in a protest of any kind?

Absolutely. When Target adopted their policy requiring men and women to share restrooms and changing rooms, I stopped shopping there. Same with several other stores.

But I have never been afraid to hear an opposing point of view, or read an opposing point of view.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Absolutely. When Target adopted their policy requiring men and women to share restrooms and changing rooms, I stopped shopping there. Same with several other stores.

But I have never been afraid to hear an opposing point of view, or read an opposing point of view.
There you go again....it's not fear.

The man secured funding to finding a cure for homosexuality....yes he's a hater

This is where you get into trouble. Here is wording from Pence's website:

Pence’s own words on his campaign website from 2000, specifically a passage that calls for funding groups that give "assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior,"

Pence said that this was in regard to safe sex since at the time in 2000 when aids was raging.

Pence may well believe homosexuality is a sin. Many Christians do because the Bible says so. That does not mean he hates homosexuals. He hates the sin, but not the person.

You have a lot to learn about Christianity.

Even the very liberal Politifact rated this claim as only half true since they couldn't verify the intent of the language on Pence's website.

Typical whiny ass Butt Pirate.

There you go again....it's not fear.

They why the violence to stop the speeches? Why the threats to stop the speeches? It is fear. Fear that some could be persuaded that their world view is wrong. So it must be shut down.

It's the First Amendment Boom. Are you defending these actions?

This is where you get into trouble. Here is wording from Pence's website:

Pence’s own words on his campaign website from 2000, specifically a passage that calls for funding groups that give "assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior,"

Pence said that this was in regard to safe sex since at the time in 2000 when aids was raging.

Pence may well believe homosexuality is a sin. Many Christians do because the Bible says so. That does not mean he hates homosexuals. He hates the sin, but not the person.

You have a lot to learn about Christianity.

Even the very liberal Politifact rated this claim as only half true since they couldn't verify the intent of the language on Pence's website.
Bs....he supported conversion therapy....cleaned it up once chosen for the ticket. I was wrong in stated he secured funding, but he was a proponent of securing funding in the Ryan White (I think that's right) Care Act.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT