ADVERTISEMENT

Let the numbers do the talking again

I went to army boot camp in 1986. A soldier from Washington state told me, "I love WVU'S logo."
That is how Nehlen put WVU into the national consciousness.
WVU had 0 network games on TV 1977, 78, 79. WVU was on back on ABC [network] in 1982, 83, 84 for games with Pitt and BC. I give Nehlen the credit.

SO DO I. DON DID A LOT OF GREAT THINGS FOR MY ALMA MATER. I JUST TRY TO PUT IT INTO PERSPECTIVE. SPEARS, RICH, BOBBY, JIM ALL DID A BETTER JOB OF COACHING VICTORIES THAN DON. BUT DON TOOK A PHOENIX AND MADE IT RESPECTABLE. HE DESERVES ALL THE PRAISE IN THE WORLD FOR THAT.

Yes, I'm well aware of that. If you recall, I had about a 1600 post, 40 page HOF mega thread on the outing of you and your two dozen alters. Likely would be quadruple that size by now, had your little friend not ruined it.

I've had to take a few extended vacations from this board, so I can assure you Vernon would have exposed any alters, had I ever been so lame to have any.

Your stupidity is unbelievable.
You need to learn how to cut your losses and move on

I can at anytime bring the real John Olesky into this...
Not going to bring this up without the information
You are stupid enough to where you took the bait and now are trying to explain yourself out of the position

Funniest thing of all...
You started to defend CFE. An alter you have been attacking for awhile.

Reactions: mofo
Your stupidity is unbelievable.
You need to learn how to cut your losses and move on

I can at anytime bring the real John Olesky into this...
Not going to bring this up without the information
You are stupid enough to where you took the bait and now are trying to explain yourself out of the position

Funniest thing of all...
You started to defend CFE. An alter you have been attacking for awhile.
You have me confused with others. All I've done is exchange half hearted banter with the gentleman. That was during the time when the great Greg Jacobs was showing him the ropes during the NCAA tournament.

You have me confused with others. All I've done is exchange half hearted banter with the gentleman. That was during the time when the great Greg Jacobs was showing him the ropes during the NCAA tournament.

Once again...
You need to learn how to stop posting and just move on.
If not little losses can become big losses

Log back onto your MichiganHerd account

That doesn't mean you think I am MichiganHerd? Logical to assume that's what you meant. There's only one Cuyahoga Falls Eers. There are 5 John Oleskys, though -- my dad, me, my son, his son, my grandson. You're need to spray the insults around to get all of us.
So wouldn't your son's son be your grandson lol? That would be four John Oleskys...not five. You must be a hoot at family gatherings lolx2. Try using your fingers to count the next time. Clue...if it goes past five you have to use both hands.

Last edited:
Only thing that matters is running the man’s name through the mud without anyone being able to defend him...

I have an issue with that.

I can give him a chance to defend his name if you want.
Could end up being big losses then

This alter is the village idiot in a village of idiots.

Sad because he is impersonating a real life person.

If he wants to prove me wrong he should post his "research" onto his supposed Facebook page
Sad that you stalked an old man on social media. What a pathetic, SSI leach you are.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Only thing that matters is running the man’s name through the mud without anyone being able to defend him...

I have an issue with that.

I can give him a chance to defend his name if you want.
Could end up being big losses then

EXACTLY WHO AM I RUNNING THROUGH THE MUD?

SO FOR THAT THEY WANT TO KEEP REPEATING IT SO THAT THE PROUD BOYS CAN FIREBOMB MY HOUSE AND GET ME OFF THEIR HATE LIST?

Still trying to save your account
I was told by the person himself that he doesn’t post on here.
Probably would be very interested if he found he did.

Still trying to save your account
I was told by the person himself that he doesn’t post on here.
Probably would be very interested if he found he did.
You should defend Mr. Oleskys honor by reporting your findings to the FBI. When you contact them, be sure and let them know you're an ex-marine and that you were one of the guys hoisting up the flag on Iwo Jima. May get expedited service and quick justice for the Olesky family.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
WVU Coach Don Nehlen is in the College Football Hall of Fame with a 60.9% winning percentage in 30 years.

That’s 202-128 W-L.

NINETY coaches in the College Football Hall of Fame had better winning percentages than Don.

It’s not disrespectful to note that, just letting the numbers do the talking, not by making irrational claims because Don is a nice guy, which he is.

I have great respect for what Don did for my alma mater when he came from Bowling Green after being an assistant at Michigan.

But 90 of the 214 coaches inducted by 2014 did better than Don. 124 did worse. That pretty makes him average among Hall of Fame coaches. Which is not chopped liver. But not close to Bear Bryant or Nick Saban or Woody Hayes territory.

Both of Don’s undefeated regular seasons, in 1988 and 1993, came mostly against inferior competition. In 1988 only TWO defeated foes had winning records; in 1993, only FOUR did. So that meant WVU faced 9 teams having bad seasons in 1988 and 7 teams were sub-par in 1993.

So the 1988 and 1993 best seasons under Nehlen were against 17 losing teams and 6 winning teams. Level of competition helped as much as talent in blue and gold.

In 1993 Pitt was 3-8, Rutgers 4-7, Temple 1-10, Miami, Boston College and Syracuse 9-3 and Syracuse 6-4. Non-conference foes were Maryland 2-9, Missouri 3-7-1 and Eastern Michigan 4-7.

In 1993 WVU beat Miami before a still-record Mountaineer Field crowd of 70,222 en route to the Big East title.

The 41-7 Florida bowl beatdown I can’t explain. It was the reverse of WVU's 38-35 Sugar Bowl surprise of Georgia in the 2005 season when the Mountaineers shot out to a 28-7 lead in the 1st 17 minutes, then held on by its fingernails while being out-scored 28-10 by the Bulldogs the rest of the game. WVU just didn't do against Florida what Georgia did to almost turn it around.

In 1993 WVU quarterback Jack the Snake Kelchner threw 174 passes, completed 110 for 1,688 yards and 12 touchdowns, only about 1 TD pass per game. OK, but not stupendous.

Robert Walker ran for 1,250 yards, averaging 5.8 yards per carry. Pretty impressive.

And the defense had Aaron Beasley, who was a beastly Beasley as a defensive back even as a sophomore in 1993, so good that he played defense in the NFL for 9 seasons and had 24 interceptions, 10 forced fumbles and 4 fumble recoveries. The Pottstown (PA) pow! guy in 1994 led the nation with 10 interceptions (of his 19 while at WVU, the 2nd highest career total for a Mountaineer).

Keeping it in perspective among WVU coaches, and I know people get irate when I post numbers they don’t like and get angry at me instead of the numbers speaking about winning WVU career percentages:

1. Clarence “Doc” Spears 80.8%
2. Bill Stewart 70%.
3. Rich Rodriguez 69.8%
4. Jim Carlen 64.6%.
5. Bobby Bowden 61.8%.
6. Don Nehlen 61.4%
7. Art “Pappy” Lewis 60.2%.
8. Dana Holgorsen 59.8%

That makes Don 6th in career winning percentage at WVU. The numbers are indisputable, no matter how much you don’t like them. No matter what you say or think, it’s Spears, Stewart, Rodriguez, Carlen, Bowden, Nehlen, Lewis and Holgorsen in that order.

Live with it. Twist it any way you want. It’s not me talking. It’s the numbers shouting. Listen instead of yelling at me.
When Nehlen started, our Linemen were not well developed. It took several years to get to the place where they were regularly in the weight room and building their bodies to enable them to compete with our rivals. It has never been an easy sell to get linemen to come to WVU. Our Hunt award winners many years went out of state. To beat Penn State and Oklahoma showed me he had built our program on a solid foundation. He also didn’t use WVU as a stepping stone. And he was key in getting our facilities up to par as well. I’m a huge Don Nehlen fan.

SO DO I. DON DID A LOT OF GREAT THINGS FOR MY ALMA MATER. I JUST TRY TO PUT IT INTO PERSPECTIVE. SPEARS, RICH, BOBBY, JIM ALL DID A BETTER JOB OF COACHING VICTORIES THAN DON. BUT DON TOOK A PHOENIX AND MADE IT RESPECTABLE. HE DESERVES ALL THE PRAISE IN THE WORLD FOR THAT.
Don Nehlen 1988 team led by Major Harris would take runaway Rod and his Pat led team down. Just as Pitt did. Except Don Nehlen and Major Harris would score 40 plus on them.

Another thing you all needlessly forget.

Like,
when RR won 6 games in 3 years Total at Michigan - no way PRod wins
6-7 games at WVU per year
without Pat, Owen nor SSlaton and Trickett OLine, and PRod knew it.

No HOF for wonder Boy.

When Nehlen started, our Linemen were not well developed. It took several years to get to the place where they were regularly in the weight room and building their bodies to enable them to compete with our rivals. It has never been an easy sell to get linemen to come to WVU. Our Hunt award winners many years went out of state. To beat Penn State and Oklahoma showed me he had built our program on a solid foundation. He also didn’t use WVU as a stepping stone. And he was key in getting our facilities up to par as well. I’m a huge Don Nehlen fan.
When Don Nehlen showed up here, there wasn’t a weight room other than an empty storage area at old Mountaineer Field with a few bar bells and a dirt floor.

Nehlen built this program from nothing. I doubt that RichRod, Holgersen, Brown, etc would of been able to accomplish what Nehlen did. In his second year 9-3 and two losses were to the #1 & 4 teams in the country. Beat a heavy favorite Florida in the Peach and the Mountaineers took up residence in the top 20 for several years.

Don “the Man” Nehlen.

When Don Nehlen showed up here, there wasn’t a weight room other than an empty storage area at old Mountaineer Field with a few bar bells and a dirt floor.

Nehlen built this program from nothing. I doubt that RichRod, Holgersen, Brown, etc would of been able to accomplish what Nehlen did. In his second year 9-3 and two losses were to the #1 & 4 teams in the country. Beat a heavy favorite Florida in the Peach and the Mountaineers took up residence in the top 20 for several years.

Don “the Man” Nehlen.
Re-repeating

If West Virginia doesn't Finally Stomp Penn State
(& fake Joe Pa), all this future success Would Never have been Achieved.

Don “the Man” Nehlen.
Re-repeating

If West Virginia doesn't Finally Stomp Penn State in 88 -

Software issue but I'll leave.

Last edited:
Re-repeating

If West Virginia doesn't Finally Stomp Penn State in 88 -

Software issue but I'll leave.

MOFO, I GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR STICKING TO YOUR GUNS EVEN WHEN YOU'RE WRONG. I HATE FLIP-FLOPPERS. AND I'LL KEEP LETTING THE NUMBERS TALK AND PROVE YOU WRONG. NOT ALL THE TIME. I RESPECT NEHLEN GREATLY. I JUST THINK ROD DID BETTER, IN A MUCH SHORTER RUN, TO GET WVU NEAR THE TOP. DAMN PITT GAME! WE'D ALL WE SAYING DIFFERENT TEAMS IF WVU HAD WON THAT AND THE NATIONAL TITLE, TOO. THEY HAD THE TALENT TO WIN IT ALL THAT SEASON. INJURED PAT WHITE AGAINST PITT, JUST LIKE THE MAJOR'S INJURY AGAINST NOTRE DAME, BOTH MAY HAVE KEPT WVU FROM WINNING THREE NATIONAL TITLES ... TO GO WITH THE 1922 NATIONAL TITLE THAT I'VE AWARD TO COACH CLARENCE "DOC" SPEARS WITH THE ONLY TEAM IN WVU HISTORY TO NEVER LOSE, EVEN IN THE POST-SEASON.

MOFO, I GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR STICKING TO YOUR GUNS EVEN WHEN YOU'RE WRONG. I HATE FLIP-FLOPPERS. AND I'LL KEEP LETTING THE NUMBERS TALK AND PROVE YOU WRONG. NOT ALL THE TIME. I RESPECT NEHLEN GREATLY. I JUST THINK ROD DID BETTER, IN A MUCH SHORTER RUN, TO GET WVU NEAR THE TOP. DAMN PITT GAME! WE'D ALL WE SAYING DIFFERENT TEAMS IF WVU HAD WON THAT AND THE NATIONAL TITLE, TOO. THEY HAD THE TALENT TO WIN IT ALL THAT SEASON. INJURED PAT WHITE AGAINST PITT, JUST LIKE THE MAJOR'S INJURY AGAINST NOTRE DAME, BOTH MAY HAVE KEPT WVU FROM WINNING THREE NATIONAL TITLES ... TO GO WITH THE 1922 NATIONAL TITLE THAT I'VE AWARD TO COACH CLARENCE "DOC" SPEARS WITH THE ONLY TEAM IN WVU HISTORY TO NEVER LOSE, EVEN IN THE POST-SEASON.

Little losses or big losses
Not making the smart choice...

Pretty much could position yourself where you can lose all you accounts..
Don’t think John Olesky will be happy about you running his name through the mud.
Probably should get some BL accounts if you are going to take that risk.
Maybe they will give you a chance then

Ever notice that there is educated smart...and then there is google smart? You can easily tell the difference.

Please elaborate...

There is intellectual curiosity.
That could be things you find out on Google.
The ability to find the information you need is what education is about
The step is where you see a difference. The ability to form opinions from what you research instead of just parroting it

Time to put the John Olesky imposter to bed..
I don’t know want the man did to you. Once it becomes so obvious that even I can see it...

Not funny anymore

The account will be retired sooner or later.

Still going to use it when John Olesky passes away. Maybe you can say you are his son 😂

All Caps - doesn't make you all Correct.

Sorry your attempt to Defame a Hall of Fame Coach is immature & wreckless as a "pretend WVU fan".

I'm bored with ignorance & stupidity.

As far as you are entitled to your opinions, I don't believe as you are entitled to these opinions as you personally attempt to criticize & Defame the only
Hall of Fame West Virginia Coach.

RR is W-Trash liar, that is that.

Last edited:
All Caps - doesn't make you all Correct.

Sorry your attempt to Defame a Hall of Fame Coach is immature & wreckless as a "pretend WVU fan".

I'm bored with ignorance & stupidity.

As far as you are entitled to your opinions, I don't believe as you are entitled to these opinions as you personally attempt to criticize & Defame the only
Hall of Fame West Virginia Coach.

RR is W-Trash liar, that is that.

I ALWAYS TRY TO HELP THOSE LESS FORTUNATE THAN ME. LET ME HELP YOU. SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP.

You have lost your freaking mind. Go jump in Lake Erie.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Lets see...Spears undefeated team was 99 years ago but we have a poster who says he is 88 saying Spears out coached Don N. Whoa! Got to stsrt locking the doors again. Too funny.

Lets see...Spears undefeated team was 99 years ago but we have a poster who says he is 88 saying Spears out coached Don N. Whoa! Got to stsrt locking the doors again. Too funny.

AS USUAL YOU DELIBERATELY GOT IT WRONG. THE NUMBERS, NOT ME, SAID IT! SPEARS WAS THE ONLY COACH AT WVU TO GO UNDEFEATED EVERY GAME IN A SEASON! NEHLEN LOST. RICH LOST. DOC DIDN'T. AND DOC LOST TWICE IN 3 SEASONS. NO OTHER WVU COACH HAS EVER DONE THAT. ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE NUMBERS DON'T PROVE THAT DOC DID BETTER AT WVU THAN ANYBODY ELSE? I KNOW 1922 FOOTBALL WAS WAY DIFFERENT THAN 2021 FOOTBALL. BUT THE NUMBERS BY DOC WERE BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE. I LOVED WHAT DON DID FOR WVU, AND RICH, AND BOBBY, AND JIM, AND PAPPY LEWIS. BUT GIVE DOC CREDIT. WHAT HE DID IN 1922, IF IT HAPPENED TODAY, WOULD BE CALLED A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM. THEY JUST DIDN'T ANOINT SUCH A TEAM BACK THEN. NOT FUNNY, EITHER. YOU DISRESPECT DOC. I DON'T DISRESPECT DON. I JUST PUT HIM IN PERSPECTIVE. AND RICH, DESPITE HIS PERSONALITY, MOUTH AND OFF-TO-MICHIGAN SHENANIGANS.

Harry Trout was undeniably the best WVU coach ever. His 1903 team compiled a 7-1 record with the lads losing to only Ohio State 34 to 6 in Columbus!! In fact his all time winning percentage of .875 is the best for any Gold and Blue leader. His innovative three run and a punt style was way ahead of his time. He was quite the half time motivational speaker too. I know this to be fact because CFE told me. Yes sir...the best.

Harry Trout was undeniably the best WVU coach ever. His 1903 team compiled a 7-1 record with the lads losing to only Ohio State 34 to 6 in Columbus!! In fact his all time winning percentage of .875 is the best for any Gold and Blue leader. His innovative three run and a punt style was way ahead of his time. He was quite the half time motivational speaker too. I know this to be fact because CFE told me. Yes sir...the best.

LYING ABOUT ME AGAIN, I SEE. I SAID AGAIN AND AGAIN THAT DOC SPEARS WAS THE BEST BECAUSE HE IS THE ONLY ONE TO GO UNDEFEATED IN REGULAR AND POST-SEASON AND LOST 2 GAMES IN 3 SEASONS AND HAS THE BEST WINNING PERCENTAGE -- 80.8% -- AMONG THE COACHES WHO HAVE BEEN AROUND AS WVU COACH MORE THAN 10 MINUTES, AND YOU KNOW IT. AS YOU WELL KNOW, TROUT LOST ONCE, AND ONLY COACHED ONE SEASON SO HIS WINNING PERCENTAGE IS HARDLY THE SAME AS DOC, DON, RICH, BOBBY AND JIM AND PAPPY. FOUR WVU COACHES LOST ONLY ONE GAME -- FREDERICK LINCOLN EMERY, WHO WENT 0-1 IN 1891, WVU'S FIRST EVER VARSITY FOOTBALL GAME; HARRY McCRORY 5-1 IN 1895, HARRY ANDERSON 6-1 IN 1897 AND TROUT. NEHLEN WON THE MOST GAMES, IN PART, BECAUSE HE COACHED THE LONGEST, FOR 21 SEASONS. AFTER NEHLEN AND BEFORE NEAL BROWN, WVU WENT 149-79, WHICH IS 65.3%. THIS WOULD BE A FAIR BENCHMARK TO EVALUATE NEAL BROWN BY. HE'S 11-11 AT 50% SO FAR BUT IT WOULD BE UNFAIR TO EVALUATE TILL AT LEAST 4 OR 5 SEASONS. IF HE'S BELOW 65%, NOT SO GOOD. IF HE'S ABOVE 65%, THEN GOOD AND FANS SHOULDN'T CRITICIZE HIM IF HE IS 8-4 AGAIN AND AGAIN, WHICH IS 67%. FAIR ENOUGH? OR DO YOU WANT TO QUIBBLE AND MAKE YOURSELF LOOK PETTY AGAIN? IF NEAL BROWN WINS 80.9% AT WVU YOU AND I BOTH WILL BE HAVING ORGASMS.

Put this is PERSPECTIVE.

"Louisiana MONROE".

HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT RICH DID AT AND FOR WVU JUST LIKE WHAT BOWDEN DID AT FLORIDA STATE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT HE DID AT WVU. I ONLY CARE WHAT THEY DID AT WVU. I DON'T TRASH A COACH AFTER HE LEAVES WVU. THE SAME COACH THAT SOME PEOPLE WHO TRASH RICH WAS RAVING ABOUT WHEN PAT WHITE AND FRIENDS WERE RUNNING ROUGHSHOD OVER OPPONENTS. FICKLE FANS, HUH?

this will probably Squash the
"Winning % Debate" from a purity Standpoint, BUT Realistically
West Virginia football didn't move to the Big Time Till New Mountaineer Field Opened.

Money, Attention, Elite Athletes etc.

So mentioning WVU football 120 years ago - Can NOT be compared 1 for 1, Sorry.

Obviously, some of the Old Mountaineer Field memories helps the Fan Base growth but other significant comparisons are NOT pertinent
nor Realistic.

Last edited:
HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT RICH DID AT AND FOR WVU JUST LIKE WHAT BOWDEN DID AT FLORIDA STATE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT HE DID AT WVU. I ONLY CARE WHAT THEY DID AT WVU. I DON'T TRASH A COACH AFTER HE LEAVES WVU. THE SAME COACH THAT SOME PEOPLE WHO TRASH RICH WAS RAVING ABOUT WHEN PAT WHITE AND FRIENDS WERE RUNNING ROUGHSHOD OVER OPPONENTS. FICKLE FANS, HUH?
LOUISIANA MONROE,
CAREER BUILDER .

It's not like Don Nehlen
returned to the MAC.

Last edited:
LYING ABOUT ME AGAIN, I SEE. I SAID AGAIN AND AGAIN THAT DOC SPEARS WAS THE BEST BECAUSE HE IS THE ONLY ONE TO GO UNDEFEATED IN REGULAR AND POST-SEASON AND LOST 2 GAMES IN 3 SEASONS AND HAS THE BEST WINNING PERCENTAGE -- 80.8% -- AMONG THE COACHES WHO HAVE BEEN AROUND AS WVU COACH MORE THAN 10 MINUTES, AND YOU KNOW IT. AS YOU WELL KNOW, TROUT LOST ONCE, AND ONLY COACHED ONE SEASON SO HIS WINNING PERCENTAGE IS HARDLY THE SAME AS DOC, DON, RICH, BOBBY AND JIM AND PAPPY. FOUR WVU COACHES LOST ONLY ONE GAME -- FREDERICK LINCOLN EMERY, WHO WENT 0-1 IN 1891, WVU'S FIRST EVER VARSITY FOOTBALL GAME; HARRY McCRORY 5-1 IN 1895, HARRY ANDERSON 6-1 IN 1897 AND TROUT. NEHLEN WON THE MOST GAMES, IN PART, BECAUSE HE COACHED THE LONGEST, FOR 21 SEASONS. AFTER NEHLEN AND BEFORE NEAL BROWN, WVU WENT 149-79, WHICH IS 65.3%. THIS WOULD BE A FAIR BENCHMARK TO EVALUATE NEAL BROWN BY. HE'S 11-11 AT 50% SO FAR BUT IT WOULD BE UNFAIR TO EVALUATE TILL AT LEAST 4 OR 5 SEASONS. IF HE'S BELOW 65%, NOT SO GOOD. IF HE'S ABOVE 65%, THEN GOOD AND FANS SHOULDN'T CRITICIZE HIM IF HE IS 8-4 AGAIN AND AGAIN, WHICH IS 67%. FAIR ENOUGH? OR DO YOU WANT TO QUIBBLE AND MAKE YOURSELF LOOK PETTY AGAIN? IF NEAL BROWN WINS 80.9% AT WVU YOU AND I BOTH WILL BE HAVING ORGASMS.
He scrambles left...he moves right...he spins...he retreats...he trips over his shoelaces and loses nine more yards. CFE picks his water bottles up and trots back to the sideline. Meanwhile the game goes on.😄

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT