ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s get this straight about pee wee level coaching ability of Doug Belk. He can’t coach!

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
Belk wasn’t here long enough to recruit. He more than likely was going to recruit high attrition leftovers from south anyway. All style no substance. Who cares about these RB, cornerback coaches that don’t stay long. Belk was a horrible coach and his cornerbacks looked worse coached than pee wee football. Let Dana have him. He will deliver Dana low D1 lefotver GA recruits. As for Blackwell, RB is the easiest vanilla position to coach. He wasn’t here long enough to recruit. Both will be replaced with upgrades.

Low D1 recruits turn into NFL level talent.

You have to recruit the players that can compete in the Big XII.

I have said this before but the only position that heart and desire can save you is on the OL.
Even the DL and LB have become about how explosive you are, your shuffle speed and your ability to add size without losing speed.

These players aren't in West Virginia.
They are in the South.

Georgia has 2 P5 football teams and 4 FBS programs overall.

States with around the same talent.
Florida 3 P5 teams 7 FBS programs
California 4 P5 teams 7 FBS programs
Texas 5 P5 teams 12 FBS programs

Belk wasn’t here long enough to recruit. He more than likely was going to recruit high attrition leftovers from south anyway. All style no substance. Who cares about these RB, cornerback coaches that don’t stay long. Belk was a horrible coach and his cornerbacks looked worse coached than pee wee football. Let Dana have him. He will deliver Dana low D1 lefotver GA recruits. As for Blackwell, RB is the easiest vanilla position to coach. He wasn’t here long enough to recruit. Both will be replaced with upgrades.
I’m unsure about their coaching abilities, but I don’t believe they will get Ga and Fl athletes to go all the way to Houston, to play for an AAC championship and a trip to some mid to low tier bowl.

Jtturner09 spot on. Belk and Holgs won’t get good players from GA, FL to suck ass Houston.

Townsvansandt good, explosive players can be anywhere. Ohio, PA, MD, VA, WV, KY, NJ have good players with explosive ability too. Years ago, WVU had shutdown defenses for years with tough ass boys from OH, PA, WV, VA, MD, NJ, NY....the north. All the talent isn’t just the south or anywhere in particular. You can get good players anywhere. It takes smart recruiting, developing players for your system, program.

Not true at all Pride.

See Ohio St from 2006
Once teams started attacking the entire field at different angles you needed faster players even on the DL.

Urban Meyer took advantage of teams who had a hard nose, blue collar defense that played downhill.

They are not fast enough.
For the most part those players come from the South. You will find players like this elsewhere but not at the high level except for California of course.

If you do not believe me.

Research US Olympians in the Long Jump, Triple Jump, 110 Hurdles, 100, 200 and 400.

I’m unsure about their coaching abilities, but I don’t believe they will get Ga and Fl athletes to go all the way to Houston, to play for an AAC championship and a trip to some mid to low tier bowl.

Why not.
If they win the AAC they will most likely play in a NYD bowl.

Townsvansandt if Alabama played in the Big 10 they would get punched in the mouth more. Playing Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Iowa, Northwestern.....is a meat grinder. The schedule they play in SEC is a joke compared. They play 3 FCS teams out of conference and only play 8 SEC conference games where 5 of those games are against the bottom of SEC. They are good but aren’t playing a tough schedule. They struggle against overatted UGA cause that’s only team they play with a pulse. Clemson packed their shit in no lube. It was bloody. Got pounded up front too.

Dude I’ve played AAU and other sports in my life in past and with my own kids now and with cousins, nephews. I’ve always been shocked by how many athletes and teams down south are overhyped and not as good as many think. Of course there is talent but most talent is going to 4-5 schools really. Big, power house schools in Ohio, PA would blast those kids down south mostly. Kids in Ohio are meaner and tougher.

Go to the Texas or Georgia State High School Track and Field Championship

Then go to a state like Michigan or any other B1G state.

You will see the difference.

Regarding the B1G...
We saw it this year with Maryland playing Ohio St and Texas.

Maryland could easily win the B1G because they have better athletes in the DMV.

Only place in the B1G that has the speed to compete with Southern schools.

Pitt doesn't recruit their own "Backyard" anymore like they did. Why should WV?

This is one of the reasons why I think the Pitt/WV rivarly is not as important.

Pitt's recruits
8 from the South
1 from Canada
0 from Ohio
4 from PA
1 from NY
2 from NJ
2 from Maryland

You have dumb nuts.

Outside of Clemson and Alabama the rest of the SEC, ACC is garbage. UGA is still same overhyped team they were with Mark Richt all those years. Clemson is more than likely paying players and taking illegal substances. They were nothing before the last 5 years.

Townsvansandt you still got big, strong athletic teams and players in north, Midwest. It’s all about building a programand developing players while having a great head coach. That leads to great recruiting or good recruiting to your system needs. Alabama and Clemson have the 2 best coaches that have stayed and built power house.

As for Alabama I think they played the game of their life when they luckily beat Oklahoma. In a 3 game series I think Oklahoma beats them 2 of 3. Alabama had the best 1st quarter of their life. Kind of luck really. It happens. They are great but.....

Townsvansandt you still got big, strong athletic teams and players in north, Midwest. It’s all about building a programand developing players while having a great head coach. That leads to great recruiting or good recruiting to your system needs. Alabama and Clemson have the 2 best coaches that have stayed and built power house.

As for Alabama I think they played the game of their life when they luckily beat Oklahoma. In a 3 game series I think Oklahoma beats them 2 of 3. Alabama had the best 1st quarter of their life. Kind of luck really. It happens. They are great but.....

Oklahoma is mainly Texas recruits with the West Coast, LA and the Southeast mixed in.

I’m aware about Oklahoma recruits but Im just making a point about Alabama. Alabama pays players and dopes it up too. Don’t be fooled. Clemson will get caught in next 5 years. They are paying players and taking banned supplements heavy.

I’m aware about Oklahoma recruits but Im just making a point about Alabama. Alabama pays players and dopes it up too. Don’t be fooled. Clemson will get caught in next 5 years. They are paying players and taking banned supplements heavy.

Where is your doppelganger?
He is a much better troll.

Townsvansandt the reason the south has improved is due to population increase of warmer, cheaper sunbelt areas. The entire north is full of arrogant, intelligent wannabe types, overpriced housing or high taxes and cold weather. Lots of people can’t hang in the north or Midwest so they think they can get ahead moving to the lower educated south where everything is more affordable and where they think they can standout better. Many flunk out and run south. Population increase has helped the south produce better athletes the last 10 years or so. The south has increased huge population gains. It’s cheaper, warmer. America has become more desperate.

Let’s also say this again. Doug Belk had no coaching ability and the cornerbacks were the worst in school history under this clown coach. No coaching, teaching. The guy was your token inner city thug recruiter that doesn’t coach.

We already went through this.

The cheapest most depressed areas of the country are in the Midwest.
Erie PA and Youngstown OH...
Probably could list about 100 other places.

Townsvansandt the American South is cheap compared to rest of country. Texas is cheap too. That’s why people are coming. Cheap and warm. Their quitters mostly.

Now that the population has increased dramatically in American south the bigger cities are starting to get more expensive the last 3-4 years. That will slow things down. Your big southern cities are getting bigger, faster, more expensive. I saw it coming years ago. It’s finally getting more expensive.

Wrong....
States like Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas and Florida provided their population a first class education.
One of the reasons why those states are so far in front of the rest of the South.

The people who move down here do so because of jobs.
High paying professional jobs are being provided.
The weather and other factors are included.

But there is no reason to think any of the major cities will slow down anytime soon.

Houston was just listed as the #1 destination city in the world for travelers.

The north, Midwest, West still has more arrogant, smarter people. It actually drives people south. They think they stand out more if they move around southern people or the south period.

Now the folks from the expensive, arrogant west are moving to Texas and south where they can get ahead and stand out more. The West Coast is arrogant, intelligent and expensive. Texas is dumb and cheap. It’s affordable.

Hell even Dana can get a mansion in Houston for $500,000. $500,000 will get you a real nice house in Morgantown, WV but not a mansion. Morgantown is overpriced, expensive and arrogant.

Wrong it’s not jobs it’s people liking warm weather and wanting to get away from the arrogant people, overpriced housing. That’s it. You can get good jobs almost anywhere with any decent population nearby. Don’t believe that job hype. Most of those people move cause their unhappy and want change. It’s cheap and warm. That’s the draw.

Texas is cheap and warm. That’s the big draw with 90% of people moving. Most people don’t ever make $100,000 a year anywhere.

I don't know what Dana bought in Houston.

The newer areas you can easily find a newer house for 500K. I wouldn't really consider it a mansion.
A nice 3,500 sq ft house in a new rich area like the Woodlands.

But the older money areas of Houston are a lot more expensive and exclusive.
Very few homes are sold. This is what drives up the price.

Houston is the home to 24 Fortune 500 Companies.

Pittsburgh might have two or three.

Pittsburgh and Morgantown, WV are arrogant, northern areas where people think their shit doesn’t stink. They are overpriced for sure. Most of North is though.

Pittsburgh has great colleges and universities and plenty of high tech jobs. It’s very arrogant, educated yankee environment. Don’t be fooled. Morgantown is the same just smaller.

Also don’t be fooled by Midwest. Columbus, OH—Cincinnati—Bloomington, IN—Chicago area—Milwaukee—Des Moines, Iowa—Minnesota—Wisconsin—Cleveland—Detroit suburbs, Ann Arbor are full of arrogant, rude, smug ass yuppies that think their shit don’t stink. Arrogant asses that think they are cooler, more stylish, smarter, better than most. Don’t believe everything you heard about Midwest. Lots of big shots that think they are big.

Insecure people are like that.
There are insecure people whereever you go.
Most Midwesterns want to get the hell out.
Most of the SunBelt is filled with people from places like Ohio who couldn't wait to leave. Can't tell you how many people I met from Ohio in Southern California and now in Texas.

They move to other places in the United States and they use objects to make themselves feel superior.

But...that is the United States.
You are going to find people like that all over the country .

This is all the info you need.
All American Bowl
The domination of Southern recruits. You have some Cali recruits who can hang.
But very few from Ohio.

https://www.trackingfootball.com/bl...mances-high-school-american-football-players/

100m

10.40 – Jaylen Ellis (WR – TX) – Baylor

10.52 – Tyler Owens (DB – TX) – Texas

10.54 – Jameson Williams (WR – MO) – Ohio State

10.56 – Jeffery Carter (CB – TX) – Alabama

10.61 – Jerrion Ealy (RB – MS) – Ole Miss Commit

This is why Texas' new coach said when he arrived from Kentucky.
That he now has the best job in the best track state in the country.

Dana won’t have to recruit outside of Texas. Heck he may not have to go much out of Houston . That ‘s why Carrier was a must get coach for his staff. Carrier is from Houston, played st the University of Houston and is a legend there. Their message to recruits is “stay and make your city great. “

Dana won’t have to recruit outside of Texas. Heck he may not have to go much out of Houston . That ‘s why Carrier was a must get coach for his staff. Carrier is from Houston, played st the University of Houston and is a legend there. Their message to recruits is “stay and make your city great. “

That is not all the way true unless Houston can clean up.
I doubt they can do that.

Houston has to supplement their recruiting with a few JUCOs and get into Louisiana.
But...
DH and his staff doesn't have to go far for talent.

Agree with that. And if he can be successful you will see Houston in the Big 12 within 5 years. The $4.5 million to pay his staff is only behind Texas and Oklahoma.

Agree with that. And if he can be successful you will see Houston in the Big 12 within 5 years.

I think Cougar High's only legit chance to join a P5 is the PAC 12.
I doubt the PAC 12 makes the move. Only chance to grow their conference is to get into Texas. UT doesn't want to deal with Stanford so Stanford can pull a Bama and bring in a lesser Texas school.

The Big XII is a pipe dream. Texas and Oklahoma are not going to share their pie with universities who will make their shares smaller.

Townsvansandt a lot of snugg ass yankees that can’t handle their life or town pack up and run, move. Most of these people are just unhappy slack offs who don’t move for bigger jobs but just their personal unhappiness. They don’t have to be accountable for their actions, relationships as much if they move to a transient sunbelt area. Back in Ohio, Michigan, WV, PA, IN.....those are very local traditional communities where you have to talk, form long relationships and fit in. It’s not transient and they have to be accountable and have more integrity or they stand out like a clown idiot that nobody likes. If they pack up and move nobody knows them. They can bullshit everybody and rebuild themselves. They can hit the refresh button and some need it. Most of them are scrubs that couldn’t handle their own town and life.

There is how you see the world
How you want the world to be

And then how the world actually is.

How you see the world is vastly different than how the world actually is.

People who attend college move all over the country after they graduate.
Always has been the case.

Both the Metroplex and Atlanta are huge destination spots for B1G graduates.

Not because they are forced to leave because that is where life takes them.

These huge industrial Midwest cities are not what they once were.
The ones like Columbus, OH that have adapted are doing fine in the current age.
The ones that have not have become industrial wastelands.

You can live in delusion and not accept reality or you can do something and change it.

You don’t need to leave Ohio or Indiana for a job. Plenty of jobs in those states. Probably more. Those people leave cause they are unhappy and search for warm weather areas to cover up their personal misery. They don’t have to be accountable for relationships if they leave those communities and move to a transient warm weather sunbelt place where nobody is from there.

Who the hell leaves booming, growing Columbus, OH for a job in the sunbelt? Someone that likes warmer sunnier weather and can’t hang with the big boys in their home state. Girls in Ohio are also stuckup to weak men and entitled a lot. These folks put that tail between their legs and run to the south where nobody really knows them. It’s a fresh new start.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT