ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas State loss. Putting things into perspective

ThePunish-EER

All-American
Aug 19, 2005
the mouth breathers have unrealistic expectations. They demand 12-0 seasons. WVU finished 4-1 in the final 5 games. That is just not good enough for them. We faced a Kansas State team that experienced injuries to their qb all season. That explains why they lost 6 in a row after starting 3-0. In that time, they also ran through a gauntlet of ranked teams like we experienced in our 4 game skid. And even through that, they only lost to those 3 top 10 teams by 7 points or less. It's easy to think, they could just as easily havefinished 9-3 this year instead of 6-6. Considering Bill Snyder has won 10 games 9 times and as many as 11 games 7 times in his career at KState, that is a reasonable assumption. The low information, low IQ, mouth breathers only saw 5-6 and screamed, "they suck! They're terrible". They fail to realize KState was also on a 2 game winning streak leading up to our game. They finished 3-0 in their final 3 games. We need to retire these mouth breathers and send them off to find a new hobby. They are an embarrassment to the fanbase.

I don't get why there are some WVU fans that think it is acceptable to accept mediocrity. I don't expect 12-0 seasons but I do expect progress and I expect us to challenge for the conference championship at least once in 5 years and we certainly will not challenge for the championship next year. We are no better and may be worse as a program then when DH took over. The K-State game was coached terribly - I don't know how anyone could dispute that (actually Gibby has done a pretty good job with this defense and they played well enough to win). I know DH will not get fired this year but he has failed as a coach - again, I don't know how anyone could dispute that.

I remember the days when Nehlen was the HC. We were just happy to make a bowl game, let alone win one. I don't know why WVU fans think this is out of the ordinary.

Congratulations! You sound just like a Marshall fan.

We had some success under RR. That success RR hasn't been able to produce at Michigan or Arizona. What happened is RR was able to recruit some players that came up aces for WVU. He caught lightning in a bottle. It was an aberration and not the norm. You are upset that this type of success isn't sustainable and are delusional in believing it is. I see it for what it is. I hope you start feeling better soon.

I remember the days when Nehlen was the HC. We were just happy to make a bowl game, let alone win one. I don't know why WVU fans think this is out of the ordinary.
When Nehlen was the coach, there wasn't nearly this many bowls. Getting to a bowl game meant we had a pretty decent year. Even with all of that aside, it doesn't mean we should accept mediocrity year after year after year.

the mouth breathers have unrealistic expectations. They demand 12-0 seasons. WVU finished 4-1 in the final 5 games. That is just not good enough for them. We faced a Kansas State team that experienced injuries to their qb all season. That explains why they lost 6 in a row after starting 3-0. In that time, they also ran through a gauntlet of ranked teams like we experienced in our 4 game skid. And even through that, they only lost to those 3 top 10 teams by 7 points or less. It's easy to think, they could just as easily havefinished 9-3 this year instead of 6-6. Considering Bill Snyder has won 10 games 9 times and as many as 11 games 7 times in his career at KState, that is a reasonable assumption. The low information, low IQ, mouth breathers only saw 5-6 and screamed, "they suck! They're terrible". They fail to realize KState was also on a 2 game winning streak leading up to our game. They finished 3-0 in their final 3 games. We need to retire these mouth breathers and send them off to find a new hobby. They are an embarrassment to the fanbase.

The clock management and play calling under this regime has been terrible. A hall of fame coach would not have a QB with a bum ankle running the ball on a 4th and 1 in a critical situation. A hall of fame coach would never hire his drinking buddy. A hall of fame coach would at least recruit a division 1 QB

We had some success under RR. That success RR hasn't been able to produce at Michigan or Arizona. What happened is RR was able to recruit some players that came up aces for WVU. He caught lightning in a bottle. It was an aberration and not the norm. You are upset that this type of success isn't sustainable and are delusional in believing it is. I see it for what it is. I hope you start feeling better soon.

RR Az team won 10 games last year as for catching lightning in a bottle that's what his teams are supposed to do. The teams he left us with are much better than what Holgorson has given us. Every previous coach we have had was at least able to recruit a division 1 qb

Nehlen took a program coming off 4 straight losing season and built a consistent winner. He consistently out-couched bigger named programs, leading underdog WVU to big wins, like over Florida and Oklahoma. His teams dominated our biggest rival and he played twice for a NC.

Holgorsen inherited a winning program. He consistently loses winnable games to inferior talent. Does anyone really see Holgorsen taking WVU into the playoffs? Every season he makes in-game decisions that lose us games.

I've always said the best option for a coach at WVU is the one we have. I wasn't convinced until this season he can't get it done. Now I'm convinced.

I don't think that firing Dana is the answer. But being upset over losing to a subpar KState team isn't "unrealistic." Dana doesn't run a disciplined team right now and we seem to always lose to well disciplined teams. One of the main reasons is that he is a new head coach. I think he has gotten better...but still has a long way to go. If I were the AD, I would keep him for another year and silently put out feelers for buyout support. There isn't a clear replacement opportunity right now. Just my thoughts.

Nehlen took a program coming off 4 straight losing season and built a consistent winner. He consistently out-couched bigger named programs, leading underdog WVU to big wins, like over Florida and Oklahoma. His teams dominated our biggest rival and he played twice for a NC.

Holgorsen inherited a winning program. He consistently loses winnable games to inferior talent. Does anyone really see Holgorsen taking WVU into the playoffs? Every season he makes in-game decisions that lose us games.

I've always said the best option for a coach at WVU is the one we have. I wasn't convinced until this season he can't get it done. Now I'm convinced.
i wouldn't say nehlen consistently out coached bigger programs. The only time he did that was his first 4-5 years. After that he consistently lost to them. He played only once for a NC, not twice. And never dominated our biggest rival (Pitt) until they became one of worst programs in football during the 1990's. Pitt won 3 games or less nearly the entire decade.

Holgorsen inherited a program about to swirl around the drain. He's rebuilt it. The next 2 years should be fun if the embeciles don't run him off

Oh yeah, next year of going 6-6 or 7-5 is going to be fun! LOL

I'm starting to have the mentality of a UK fan. Can we just skip football season and go straight into basketball?

Reactions: Euell
With Howard as the QB and Dana refusing to hand the ball to Smallwood? And DeForst running the special teams? Vs a tougher OOC? Vs an improved Big 12? Losing key components on defense?

Not a chance WVU does better than 7-5
oh so it's deforest's fault Morgan burns burnt us? He was ST player of the week the last 3 weeks. And one of the best in the country. You seem to forget, we will also be improved. We don't know our record next year

i wouldn't say nehlen consistently out coached bigger programs. The only time he did that was his first 4-5 years. After that he consistently lost to them. He played only once for a NC, not twice. And never dominated our biggest rival (Pitt) until they became one of worst programs in football during the 1990's. Pitt won 3 games or less nearly the entire decade.

Holgorsen inherited a program about to swirl around the drain. He's rebuilt it. The next 2 years should be fun if the embeciles don't run him off
Notice how often you have to qualify your points: Nehlen didn't win except for...Holgorsen only lost because...

WVU dominated Pitt under Nehlen. Period.

WVU played for 2 NC's. '88 and '93. In '93 WVU was ranked 2nd behind Nebraska in the coaches poll. A Nebraska loss to FSU and a WVU win over Florida would have given WVU the NC title in the coaches poll.

And if WVU was swirling the drain after 3 straight 9-4 seasons what is the condition of the program now after 7-6, 4-8, 7-6, and 7-5?

Eastern football teams were a lot better during nehlens time than it is today. Every team gets to a bowl today it's so watered down its a joke It was a lot more difficult to make a bowl game when nehlen coached, so bowl games shouldn't be the measurement when comparing the two. Two undefeated regular seasons at Wvu is a Major accomplishment that some people like to downplay. That will most likely never be achieved again by another Wvu head coach.

Notice how often you have to qualify your points: Nehlen didn't win except for...Holgorsen only lost because...

WVU dominated Pitt under Nehlen. Period.

WVU played for 2 NC's. '88 and '93. In '93 WVU was ranked 2nd behind Nebraska in the coaches poll. A Nebraska loss to FSU and a WVU win over Florida would have given WVU the NC title in the coaches poll.
wrong. He played for 1 NC. Just once in 1988. 1993 was not for NC. Period. And Nehlen did not dominate Pitt until they were a 3 win or less laughingstock. Period.

oh so it's deforest's fault Morgan burns burnt us? He was ST player of the week the last 3 weeks. And one of the best in the country. You seem to forget, we will also be improved. We don't know our record next year
So DeForest chose to kick to the ST player of the week the last 3 weeks??? The same player who had already burned us for a 50+ yard return?? Our special teams have played pretty well this year but that was a dumb decision that lost us the game.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
wrong. He played for 1 NC. Just once in 1988. 1993 was not for NC. Period. And Nehlen did not dominate Pitt until they were a 3 win or less laughingstock. Period.

If we would have won, we would have been the only undefeated team that year, so, yes we did play for a national championship. We went into the game ranked #3.

it was well known WVU was not in consideration for the NC win or lose in that sugar bowl. You're looking foolish
It is well known? It's a fact the WVU would have been crowned with a NC in the coaches poll had the Mountaineers won. It would have been a repeat of 1990 when Colorado won the AP crown and GT took the UPI.

Reactions: 43rd Parallel
I am not sure you are breathing at all or if you are it is through a bong. KSU was horrible all season long and we should have beaten them by 2 TD's. Poor Coaching is what lost this game. We just won 4 game by throwing around 20 passes a game. We have to excellent running backs that have been tremendous the last month. And we totally changed out game plan. And then ran critical plays with a qb on a bum ankle. I have watched KSU at least 4 times this season. They are a very average team and WVU blew it. And it may get Holgorsen fired. I am not sure I agree the that but it is quite possible.

Reactions: 43rd Parallel
It is well known? It's a fact the WVU would have been crowned with a NC in the coaches poll had the Mountaineers won. It would have been a repeat of 1990 when Colorado won the AP crown and GT took the UPI.
wrong. Use your head for something more than a hat rack. No way in hell was that gonna happen. Nebraska was #2 and they beat #1 Florida state. Why would #3 WVU jump Nebraska for beating #9 Florida? Plus, it was well known at that time WVU was not gonna get the NC either way. It was a big uproar amongst WVU fans. We were left out. Good thing because Florida State would've pounded us just as well.

I am not sure you are breathing at all or if you are it is through a bong. KSU was horrible all season long and we should have beaten them by 2 TD's. Poor Coaching is what lost this game. We just won 4 game by throwing around 20 passes a game. We have to excellent running backs that have been tremendous the last month. And we totally changed out game plan. And then ran critical plays with a qb on a bum ankle. I have watched KSU at least 4 times this season. They are a very average team and WVU blew it. And it may get Holgorsen fired. I am not sure I agree the that but it is quite possible.
unreal. We need more knowledgable fans. Smh

Are you related to wbgvwbgv? Astonishing how much you sound like the board's resident expert in the ad hominem attack.

wrong. Use your head for something more than a hat rack. No way in hell was that gonna happen. Nebraska was #2 and they beat #1 Florida state. Why would #3 WVU jump Nebraska for beating #9 Florida? Plus, it was well known at that time WVU was not gonna get the NC either way. It was a big uproar amongst WVU fans. We were left out. Good thing because Florida State would've pounded us just as well.
I think you just self-identified as one of the low information fans. FSU won.

Reactions: countryroads89

HAHAHAHA. FSU beat Nebraska. But go ahead and keep calling us the "mouth breathers".

Reactions: CAJUNEER
Pull the string and an excuse comes out... You've gotta herdon!

Kansas St was not a good team. Coming into our game they had 5 wins against South Dakota, Texas San Antonio, Louisiana Tech (3 OT), Iowa St and Kansas. Their 2 game winning streak was against Iowa St and Kansas. Are we seriously at the point that we think Kansas St was a quality opponent?

you got my point idiots. Simple typo error. The point remains. No way was WVU gonna jump the winner of that game. Stop mouth breathing.
Typo? LOL! It was central to your point. You said WVU wouldn't have shared the NC because they wouldn't have jump Nebraska because Nebraska won. HAHAHA!

you got my point idiots. Simple typo error. The point remains. No way was WVU gonna jump the winner of that game. Stop mouth breathing.

We were ranked 3 going into the game. If we had won, we would have been the ONLY undefeated team in the country.

Stop digging.

Reactions: CAJUNEER
Kansas St was not a good team. Coming into our game they had 5 wins against South Dakota, Texas San Antonio, Louisiana Tech (3 OT), Iowa St and Kansas. Their 2 game winning streak was against Iowa St and Kansas. Are we seriously at the point that we think Kansas St was a quality opponent?
are we seriously at the point we dismiss Bill Snyder and KState because they had qb injuries and barely lost by 7 points or less to 3 top 10 teams? The same man who has won 10 games 9 times and 11 games an amazing 7 times? You clowns are gonna wakeup someday.

Reactions: mcorah
Typo? LOL! It was central to your point. You said WVU wouldn't have shared the NC because they wouldn't have jump Nebraska because Nebraska won. HAHAHA!

We were ranked 3 going into the game. If we had won, we would have been the ONLY undefeated team in the country.

Stop digging.
as I said mouth breathers, the point remains. The typo doesn't matter. Whoever won, FSU or Nebraska, was getting the NC. Period.

Everyone knows what you said. It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.
its obvious you're an idiot if you think the winner of a #1/#2 matchup would be jumped by a #3 WVU beating a #9 Florida team. That's insane. Go back to huffing gas moron

Reactions: mcorah
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT