ADVERTISEMENT

Insurrection is the word of the day

dave

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Morgantown, WV
Its civil disobedience when their folks do it.

People should be arrested and charged according to whatever laws they broke. Trespassing or violence. There could have been insurrection in DC today but that seems a bit out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: JWG66
Sen Cotton is not really a friend of Trump. He hates him. It doesnt surprise me he would side with media on that.
So this is literally all that matters? Whether the person loves or hates Trump? Cotton also called the protesters in the Pacific NW insurrectionists over the summer.

So this is literally all that matters? Whether the person loves or hates Trump? Cotton also called the protesters in the Pacific NW insurrectionists over the summer.
No. That wasnt my point. I dont think the stuff today is even the same as the stuff in Portland. The violence is but most of the people there today were not violent. They wanted Congress to hear their voice and some idiots escalated things. There were agitators in the mix too. Those folks all need to see prison. I just dont think insurrection is the right word.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
No. That wasnt my point. I dont think the stuff today is even the same as the stuff in Portland. The violence is but most of the people there today were not violent. They wanted Congress to hear their voice and some idiots escalated things. There were agitators in the mix too. Those folks all need to see prison. I just dont think insurrection is the right word.

The words you are looking for are domestic terrorism.

Hot Rod Countryroads89 also celebrated BLM and Antifa riots

No. That wasnt my point. I dont think the stuff today is even the same as the stuff in Portland.
Agree, though I suspect for different reasons. In this thread, I was simply trying to show that a large swath of people were throwing that term around today.

Agree, though I suspect for different reasons. In this thread, I was simply trying to show that a large swath of people were throwing that term around today.
If anything, I’d equate today to what happened when Kavenaugh was being confirmed. Recall the mob swarmed the Capitol and even trapped Jeff Flake in an elevator.

Reactions: rog1187
If anything, I’d equate today to what happened when Kavenaugh was being confirmed. Recall the mob swarmed the Capitol and even trapped Jeff Flake in an elevator.
Seemed it might have been a smidge turned up today. Was that mob in the Capitol? In any event. I guess there’s just nothing that matters because each side can point to the other side for something and it makes it all a-ok.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Seemed it might have been a smidge turned up today. Was that mob in the Capitol? In any event. I guess there’s just nothing that matters because each side can point to the other side for something and it makes it all a-ok.
It's not A-ok for anyone to do it. But somehow the focus is much more on the events of today than the many events that occurred over the summer...why is that?

It's not A-ok for anyone to do it. But somehow the focus is much more on the events of today than the many events that occurred over the summer...why is that?
Speaking for me, I didn’t like it when the Bundys took over a Federal building or the Antifa terrorists vandalized the Federal court building, but to attack the Capitol at urging of the sore loser President is a bit of a bigger deal. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: Bucktown Brown
Speaking for me, I didn’t like it when the Bundys took over a Federal building or the Antifa terrorists vandalized the Federal court building, but to attack the Capitol at urging of the sore loser President is a bit of a bigger deal. Just my 2 cents
Can you provide the quote indicating where President Trump said to attack the Capital?

It's not the same thing. Today is what happens when folks feel powerless, and they're not being listened to. I condemn the violence whoever was responsible for it...that accomplishes nothing. However when Laws are violated, and the guilty go unpunished, Law abiding citizens grow frustrated and angry.

The prior administration broke the law trafficking classified information over an illegal server, the guilty went unpunished

A duly elected President was lied on and illegally spied on...the guilty went unpunished

That same President was impeached over a fraudulent charge over a legal phone call...the liars and perpetrators went unpunished

A major Presidential candidate is caught on videotape bribing Foreign officials who are investigating his Son who is taking money from corrupt foreign entities....no one is charged or prosecuted.

Now an election is literally stolen with blatant disregard of established election Laws, and the guilty aren't even being charged, much less prosecuted.

Today is the result of that frustration boiling over.

Last edited:
It was, and it was also SCOTUS. But yea, this is becoming the norm, sadly.

Yep....
those immoral....unethical bastards steal a Presidential election and it’s about storming the capitol....
so Why didn’t they burn it down....they were told not too.....

Yep....
those immoral....unethical bastards steal a Presidential election and it’s about storming the capitol....
so Why didn’t they burn it down....they were told not too.....
200.gif

Doesn't seem too sadly tbh. Feels more like a reflexive defense of yesterday, to me. FWIW.
What’s a reflexive defense? My position? If so, the only thing I enjoyed yesterday was reading the Pearl clutching from all of the leftist cvnts on here after there defense of anarchy over the last 9 months. The man you voted for called that anarchy just an “idea”. So was this, I guess. All of it is crazy.

I think this crazy is no different than the crazy from this summer, from 2 years ago, and from 4 years ago. Just fvcking behave, it’s really simple.

What’s a reflexive defense? My position? If so, the only thing I enjoyed yesterday was reading the Pearl clutching from all of the leftist cvnts on here after there defense of anarchy over the last 9 months. The man you voted for called that anarchy just an “idea”. So was this, I guess. All of it is crazy.

I think this crazy is no different than the crazy from this summer, from 2 years ago, and from 4 years ago. Just fvcking behave, it’s really simple.
Also note. President elect said cops in that position should shoot at their knees. Knee-throat...honest mistake.

This post is direct evidence that trumpers
are absolutely bat-shit crazy.

Yes. Your defense of yesterday, and the participants, and the well blank did it defense.

I see from your post it's all butthurt over Biden beating Orange God. My Ts and Ps are with you.

Yes. Your defense of yesterday, and the participants, and the well blank did it defense.

I see from your post it's all butthurt over Biden beating Orange God. My Ts and Ps are with you.
Defense of yesterday? I’m not defending anything. You are badly misreading my position on this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT