ADVERTISEMENT

I'm so glad Howard is gone...

It's hard to tell how good you are when you do no seem to have a consistent game plan in place. Who can seriously figure out how holgs changes from air Coryel to woody Hayes 3 yards and a cloud of dust ? The passing game is going, he runs off tackle or dive. The run games and he throws two dinks and a WR screen for no gain. I have never understood if he really is a game planner or Just out there picking plays by a coin toss. Still think he's a good coach, just not a good head coach. I

what exactly do you bring to the table? you have been on here every day running your mouth about how we were gonna put a beat down on Miami and look what happened. Holgorsen is an average at best coach who gets exposed against half decent competition. If wvu were in the Acc they would be 7-5 or 6-6 and the guy would be out the door. If the big 12 was better this year his record would be the same 7-5 that we have had for years. maybe you should stick to watching hockey on CBC with Ron McClain and Don Cherry im sure you're more knowledgeable in this area. Now you have another 2-3 seasons of average at best results to look forward too until this guy falls on his face which he will.
I have been on here every day running my mouth about how we were going to put a beat down on them?
Locate one post that supports this idea you have ...go on...find it liar.

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
Oline getting destroyed, inside our own 5 yard line, audibles to a qb keeper out of the shotgun on 3rd and long...

If Skyler and Dana are so bad, why is WVU 10-3? I don't care if you're playing Little Sisters of the Poor, that's tough to do.

Only 8 Power 5 teams have a better record than WVU. Isn't that something to be proud of instead of turning on our own because of one crappy performance loss?
Only 8 Power 5 teams did better than WVU in the entire nation!

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N o quit against Kansas State, 17-16

T ony’s turbulence tore up Texas Tech, 48-17

A nother defense whipping, of TCU, 34-10

I gnominy of turnovers against Oklahoma State, 20-37

N o problem decimating Kansas, 48-21

E xcellent, timely defense AGAIN; beat Texas, 24-20

E rectile dysfunctioned against Oklahoma, 56-28

R ebounded big time on offense and defense at Iowa State, 49-19

S aved again by the defense against Baylor, 24-21

Overwhelmed offense lost to Miami, 31-14 in the Orlando bowl

If Skyler and Dana are so bad, why is WVU 10-3? I don't care if you're playing Little Sisters of the Poor, that's tough to do.

Only 8 Power 5 teams have a better record than WVU. Isn't that something to be proud of instead of turning on our own because of one crappy performance loss?
Only 8 Power 5 teams did better than WVU in the entire nation!

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N o quit against Kansas State, 17-16

T ony’s turbulence tore up Texas Tech, 48-17

A nother defense whipping, of TCU, 34-10

I gnominy of turnovers against Oklahoma State, 20-37

N o problem decimating Kansas, 48-21

E xcellent, timely defense AGAIN; beat Texas, 24-20

E rectile dysfunctioned against Oklahoma, 56-28

R ebounded big time on offense and defense at Iowa State, 49-19

S aved again by the defense against Baylor, 24-21

Overwhelmed offense lost to Miami, 31-14 in the Orlando bowl
How many 10 win power 5 teams will likely finish outside top 25? Thats hard to do.

How many 10 win power 5 teams will likely finish outside top 25? Thats hard to do.

Here's a better question......How many Power 5 teams with 10 wins will finish below a MAC school (Western Michigan)? How many times has that happened for a Power 5 school?

We had a good year, but nowhere near a "great" year.

what exactly do you bring to the table? you have been on here every day running your mouth about how we were gonna put a beat down on Miami and look what happened. Holgorsen is an average at best coach who gets exposed against half decent competition. If wvu were in the Acc they would be 7-5 or 6-6 and the guy would be out the door. If the big 12 was better this year his record would be the same 7-5 that we have had for years. maybe you should stick to watching hockey on CBC with Ron McClain and Don Cherry im sure you're more knowledgeable in this area. Now you have another 2-3 seasons of average at best results to look forward too until this guy falls on his face which he will.
BUMP! Found any underlying evidence to support your beat down claim yet jackwagon? LMFAO at you Spookmeister. :flush:

I applaud the contributions Skyler Howard made to the WVU program over the last couple of seasons. Won many games and gave the Mountaineers a solid year this time around.

I $p!t on the anti WVU know nothing trolls that inhabit this board and others that haven't ever done a thing for WVU--or probably anyone else, yet think they can daily bash WVU and its players who gave all they had for WVU fans and the school.

I applaud the contributions Skyler Howard made to the WVU program over the last couple of seasons. Won many games and gave the Mountaineers a solid year this time around.

I $p!t on the anti WVU know nothing trolls that inhabit this board and others that haven't ever done a thing for WVU--or probably anyone else, yet think they can daily bash WVU and its players who gave all they had for WVU fans and the school.
The trolls definitely seem to be at a high (or perhaps real low) point of late. It is getting silly really...

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
I totally agree. The kid was a liability all season. Yeah, ole Darth probably got his degree at Chewbacca University.
No one is saying he was a great qb!! Is it too much to ask to just support the damn team and it's players?? It absolutely pathetic that someone who gave all he had for WVU gets bashed by grown ass men like you!! He is what he is, it's not his fault he's not the best qb ever, but he gave us all he had!! That's all I can ever ask for!!

Yeah, cause god forbid anyone is positive!! You are by far the most worthless poster I've seen in a while!! There is now way you are a real WVU fan, you have got to be a troll!!

Reactions: WVinUSAF
When we gave Skyler his scholarship we had two 4 star quarterbacks on the roster. When Plan A and Plan B didn't work out, Skyler was the next man up. He did his best. Given the other options, we likely would have been in the bottom half of the conference without him the last two years.

If there would have been a better QB on the team, that QB would have been starting. You play the game with the players you have, not the players you want to have.

I hope to see improvement from the QB position next year as much as anybody but there is no point in throwing Skyler under the bus.

When we gave Skyler his scholarship we had two 4 star quarterbacks on the roster. When Plan A and Plan B didn't work out, Skyler was the next man up. He did his best. Given the other options, we likely would have been in the bottom half of the conference without him the last two years.

If there would have been a better QB on the team, that QB would have been starting. You play the game with the players you have, not the players you want to have.

I hope to see improvement from the QB position next year as much as anybody but there is no point in throwing Skyler under the bus.
And if thats the best dana can recruit than he needs to go.

Reactions: Cheers
I would be lying to say I was going to miss him. Fans everywhere are brutal when they identify so deeply with their program. All he really had to do is bite his lip and take ownership of bad outings. Rightly or wrongly, that is what fans expect and that is what the great ones do. However, doesn't mean folks need to attact him personally. He got more done than 90% of any other QB that lined up for us. I wish him well and thank him for laying it all out their for his coach and team even if it was in spite of the fans. I am sure he has a great life before him.

Was he an elite QB? No

But he has a better career record as a starter than Bulger or Hostetler.

I for one am thankful for everything he did while at WVU.

Please dear god for crying out loud. Don't even mention Howard and Hostetler in the same sentence. And no, Howard doesn't have a better record than Hostetler.

The kid gave unbelievable effort!

We can't blame the kid that our coaching staff didn't recruit a better QB!

Am I glad the Grier career is starting? Absolutely! But we need to appreciate Howard's Heart because not everyone laid on the line like he did!

The kid gave unbelievable effort!

We can't blame the kid that our coaching staff didn't recruit a better QB!

Am I glad the Grier career is starting? Absolutely! But we need to appreciate Howard's Heart because not everyone laid on the line like he did!
If we dont give the QB more time it wouldn't matter if we had steve young back there. The Canes front 4 chewed up and spit out our O-Line. The one positive of Howard was that hes a 1aa RB so he could scramble.

If we dont give the QB more time it wouldn't matter if we had steve young back there. The Canes front 4 chewed up and spit out our O-Line. The one positive of Howard was that hes a 1aa RB so he could scramble.
One thing I definitely did notice is exactly how good their D line was! Not sure why the EERS O line was unable to at least somewhat match here or there. I thought they looked pretty good most of season and gave Howard the ability to distribute the ball or run...

BUMP again btw....evidence please jackass...show us how you are the football idiot savant!

Posts like this tick me off! I say hats off to Howard. He was the best QB on the roster available to play. Statistically, he will go down as one of the top QBs in WVU history. While he lacks talent in some parts of the passing game, I have never seen a WVU player leave more on the field. He is a tough guy, who did his best to win. What more could you want from a player?

Of the best QBs to play at WVU, the only other one that left has much on the field was the Hoss.

One thing I definitely did notice is exactly how good their D line was! Not sure why the EERS O line was unable to at least somewhat match here or there. I thought they looked pretty good most of season and gave Howard the ability to distribute the ball or run...
My theory is the high humidity combined with the layoff. Not a good combo for big men.

I go along with the 'I am glad Howard is graduating' statement that the OP made. Yes, as opposed to Skyler not graduating at WVU. Skyler was quite an athlete at WVU and I wish you well ........degree in hand. I just may give him a job at my rocket factory. Heck, I will pay him hunnardts to do nothing but push the GO button and to man the bat phone. Warez

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT