ADVERTISEMENT

I'm so glad Howard is gone...

Howard received his BA, and is working on a MS. He was a 2 year starter on a major university football program. He won 10 games his final year.

LOL - He's light years ahead of most folks complaining 'round here.

Yes a bachelors in those programs meant for athletes you mean?

Howard is terrible face it. You know absolute nothing about college football idiot.
Terrible enough to start for the 3rd best team in the Big 12 and win 10 games
No he does not have all the talent as some but has the heart of a winner
I bet it feels great inside to be tortured by your misery and unhappiness
Bah humbug Ebenezer Scrooge

Terrible enough to start for the 3rd best team in the Big 12 and win 10 games
No he does not have all the talent as some but has the heart of a winner
I bet it feels great inside to be tortured by your misery and unhappiness
Bah humbug Ebenezer Scrooge

I guess 3rd best in the big 12 must mean middle of the pack in the acc which some on here seem to think is much inferior.

Reactions: GoWVU
The WVU offense -- not always on Skyler, with dropped passes, the line not keeping out the defense -- was primarily responsible for all 3 losses.

The WVU defense was primarily responsible for at least 5 victories.
The WVU defense made Miami punt the first SIX possessions but the sputtering offense could only get a 7-0 lead.

Offense also gave WVU defense a short field too often. You won't be anyone by scoring 14 points. This shabby performance is on the offense.

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N o quit against Kansas State, 17-16

T ony’s turbulence tore up Texas Tech, 48-17

A nother defense whipping, of TCU, 34-10

I gnominy of turnovers against Oklahoma State, 20-37

N o problem decimating Kansas, 48-21

E xcellent, timely defense AGAIN; beat Texas, 24-20

E rectile dysfunctioned against Oklahoma, 56-28

R ebounded big time on offense and defense at Iowa State, 49-19

S aved again by the defense against Baylor, 24-21

Bumbling offense lost to Miami, 31-14 in the Orlando bowl

The fact is Skyler was the best qb we had. He may not be the most talented but he was a leader and led us to 10 and 8 win seasons in his 2 years as a starter in the B12. The lossses were due to a number of issues not just the qb performance. His story at WVU truly reflects what being a mountaineer is all about...a champion for life. He deserves credit for what he has done rather than constant ridicule from so-called fans. It's one thing to criticize a bad performance but to continually attack someone who is doing their best and for the most part succeeding is another.

Howard played beyond his talent most of the time and with heart. He was the best choice at QB because, for whatever reason, our offensive guru of a HC can't seem to recruit a QB that lives up the his hype. Amazing lack of consistent talent at QB under DH.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
The fact is Skyler was the best qb we had. He may not be the most talented but he was a leader and led us to 10 and 8 win seasons in his 2 years as a starter in the B12. The lossses were due to a number of issues not just the qb performance. His story at WVU truly reflects what being a mountaineer is all about...a champion for life. He deserves credit for what he has done rather than constant ridicule from so-called fans. It's one thing to criticize a bad performance but to continually attack someone who is doing their best and for the most part succeeding is another.

Some ridicule him, but just pointing out that he is an average QB at best doesn't make an insult. It is a credit to his tenacity to be average given his physical deficiencies. However those physical deficiencies and low football IQ (can't see how anyone could argue that his decision making was suspect) kept him from being the QB that WVU needed to be truly competitive. Hence, I'm looking forward to see what new blood can do because Skylar is a known quantity and what we saw this season is the best he can be in my opinion.

What was galling in the bowl performance was that the offense was experienced, and couldn't score more than 2 TDs, and the defense, which lost 9 starters and a key injury, made Miami punt on its first six possessions and didn't give up a first day until the second quarter. You would think the more experienced side would do better than the far less experienced side.

This is a testament to Tony Gibson. The offense gave the defense so many short fields that it finally caught up to the defense.

Again, offense lost all 3 games. Defense saved offense to win 5 games. So the offense was below part of 8 of the 13 games.

Dana needs to take Grier, hope he doesn't lose too many from the offensive line, and get the offense up to snuff again. Tony Gibson will take care of the defense.

What was galling in the bowl performance was that the offense was experienced, and couldn't score more than 2 TDs, and the defense, which lost 9 starters and a key injury, made Miami punt on its first six possessions and didn't give up a first day until the second quarter. You would think the more experienced side would do better than the far less experienced side.

This is a testament to Tony Gibson. The offense gave the defense so many short fields that it finally caught up to the defense.

Again, offense lost all 3 games. Defense saved offense to win 5 games. So the offense was below part of 8 of the 13 games.

Dana needs to take Grier, hope he doesn't lose too many from the offensive line, and get the offense up to snuff again. Tony Gibson will take care of the defense.

I've been saying it all year. After the close of last year and all the returning starters, it was definitely an issue that the offense regressed this season. Was it the coaching? Players? Some of both? I have my own opinions on that, but it's undeniable that something was wrong with that side of the ball.

The WVU offense -- not always on Skyler, with dropped passes, the line not keeping out the defense -- was primarily responsible for all 3 losses.

The WVU defense was primarily responsible for at least 5 victories.
The WVU defense made Miami punt the first SIX possessions but the sputtering offense could only get a 7-0 lead.

Offense also gave WVU defense a short field too often. You won't be anyone by scoring 14 points. This shabby performance is on the offense.

While I won't dare defend the offense after re-watching the first half the D did play well early but also benefited quite a bit from Miami's cold start. There were quite a few missed throws with receivers running wide open. Two of these were on 3rd down and one drive it was three straight plays.

The D also sucked it up on those last two drives of the half. Those really killed us and changed the momentum for the 3rd quarter. Especially the TD at the start of the 3rd quarter. They didn't look like adjusments from a play calling aspect, just that they were converting similar plays that they missed in the first half. Also the non pass interference call was an absolute KILLER!!! I rarely blame refs for games but that straight up killed the game.

This guy here is past his due date...brings NOTHING to the table.
what exactly do you bring to the table? you have been on here every day running your mouth about how we were gonna put a beat down on Miami and look what happened. Holgorsen is an average at best coach who gets exposed against half decent competition. If wvu were in the Acc they would be 7-5 or 6-6 and the guy would be out the door. If the big 12 was better this year his record would be the same 7-5 that we have had for years. maybe you should stick to watching hockey on CBC with Ron McClain and Don Cherry im sure you're more knowledgeable in this area. Now you have another 2-3 seasons of average at best results to look forward too until this guy falls on his face which he will.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT