ADVERTISEMENT

I'm buying.....Terry Bowden quality coach

On a Saturday? I went to class, lived in the dorms, and ate in those cafeterias. I was there to see the band play before and after the games...

And now you want to tell them what to do with their time?

What year did you graduate from WVU...Maybe we were friends!

Your arguements go in circles when cornered. Do you want to tell t shirt fans how to be a fan?

How to be a fan? There's no barrier of entry to be a fan. It's a subjective term.

There is a barrier of entry to be an alum, right?

In case you forgot from the other post....

Appy State 45 Akron 38.

Terry who?

He lost to Appy St, which is a 3x FCS champ and also the same team that took a ranked #9 Tennessee to overtime...

Terry is doing good and proving his naysayers wrong.

Not to make excuses . . . but it's easier to recruit to Siberia than Akron. If I were a recruit and had to choose between the team with a rabid fan base in beautiful Boone, NC or Akron? I mean, really. It's Akron.

Do you real think any significant talent in NE Ohio would stay in NE Ohio? Nope.

Using that logic, wouldn't one also make the connection that WVU should have an abundance of NE Ohio "studs"????? How many do we have? I know Huggs went in and got Ahmad. But what about recent football recruits? Pretty sure the Big 10 schools clean house there.

Gross negligence if he is on Lyons' short list. When things got tough at Auburn, and he was 1-5 in the middle of the season, he quit. He quit on himself, he quit on his players, and he quit on the school that hired him. He is a quitter. Comes from a good family. Probably a really nice guy. But he bailed when the going got tough. And might there be the issue of a sexual harassment problem at Auburn to consider, also (not sure about that, would need to check it out).

Let me make it clear I'm not advocating for Terry. But to be fair he was set up to be fired from Auburn because he pissed off a major banker booster for uncovering the shady tactics that Pat Dye did and caused them to end up on probation. If I remember correctly for one of the prob years was 93 they also went unbeaten. But the situation was so bad one or more of his players 3rd stringers was being paid to give the auburn playbook to the upcoming opposition. TB knew what was going on and resigned instead of riding that downhill spiral.

yea, just ignore that whole "having an affair with the daughter of a Board member........ classy guy

He lost to Appy St, which is a 3x FCS champ and also the same team that took a ranked #9 Tennessee to overtime...

Terry is doing good and proving his naysayers wrong.

Your spiel would make more sense if you were posting about NDSU 5 straight FCS champion. If he had turned them around he wouldn't lose to Appy State. As far as playing Tenn. to OT that was Appy super bowl. By the way Appy is G5 now. Bowden now 21-32 overall.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
Not to make excuses . . . but it's easier to recruit to Siberia than Akron. If I were a recruit and had to choose between the team with a rabid fan base in beautiful Boone, NC or Akron? I mean, really. It's Akron.

Have you ever tried to get in and out of Boone? You better bring your climbing gear. That being said you wouldn't catch me dead in Akron. Since Devo left that place it's been all downhill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT